Sentra recall information

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
NISTECH

Nissan Sentra Recalls

sentra-recalls-t504106.html

In addition:

July 19, 2008

Make / Models : Model/Build Years: NISSAN / SENTRA 2007-2008Manufacturer : NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC. Mfr’s Report Date : JUL 02, 2008NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 08V311000 N/A NHTSA Action Number: N/AComponent: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:MASTER CYLINDERPotential Number Of Units Affected : 169202Summary: NISSAN IS RECALLING 169,202 MY 2007-2008 SENTRA PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED ROBERT BOSCH MASTER CYLINDER. DUE TO THE MACHINING IRREGULARITY BY THE SUPPLIER, THE INTERNAL SEAL GROOVE IN THE BODY OF SOME BRAKE MASTER CYLINDERS MAY ALLOW FOR A GAP IN THE GROOVE CONTACT AREA OF THE SEAL. THIS MAY RESULT IN BRAKE FLUID SLOWLY LEAKING FROM THE MASTER CYLINDER INTO THE BRAKE BOOSTER ASSEMBLY, CAUSING THE BRAKE WARNING LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE.Consequence: IF THE WARNING LAMP IS IGNORED, ONE OF THE BRAKE CIRCUITS ON THE VEHICLE MAY NOT OPERATE AS DESIGNED INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE MASTER CYLINDER/BRAKE BOOSTER ASSEMBLY AND IF BRAKE FLUID LEAKAGE IS DETECTED, THE MASTER CYLINDER WILL BE REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON JULY 23, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              1-800-647-7261      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.Notes: CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

deswood
Car: 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Hello,

I am new to this site. So you're saying that if I have pre-cat failure on 05 sentra se-r, I can get a free engine replacement?

bendrummin
Car: 1995 240sx

my engine "failed" but Nissan replaced it! i'm back in the game with a new header and loctite on the butterflies..

prprince
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

My sentra is burning oil like crazy. Now its knocking >Nissan said there is only a recall on my ecu.. They cant do anything. I need to rebuild my engine so i guess im gonna go all out.

Mike, Spec-V
Car: 2002 Sentra Spec-V

I have a 2002 spec-v that has just today (6/16/09) ruined it's second engine due to oil consumption.

I purchased the car new in 2002 and with in the first 20k miles had to replace the engine. I completely footed the bill, as the reason given for the failure was lack of oil. I assumed the shop that did the oil change did not put oil back in, I was pissed, but chalked it up to lesson learned. Now, at 140k miles the engine has failed this morning. It has been burning a quart a week for sometime, and apparently just gone beyond that..

I see some comments in the thread about "Nissan owing a new engine" and "02 - 03 can get new engine for pre-cat failure", but after contacting my dealer and Nissan North America I'm told there are no recalls for my vehicle in regards to the engine, other than reprogramming the ECU. And, I'm told that only applies to the ECU, not any repairs / replacement of the engine.

So, I'm very curious, where do I find the suggested recall information. What course of action have you guys had luck with?

Also, the first engine replacement cost 3.5k, this was in 2k3 or 2k4.

prprince
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V

I've heard alot of stories pertaining to engine problems in the 02 SE-R. I think its a manufacturer issue and some thing needs to be done. They have a recall on the Altima 2.5 engines. Thats the same engine in the Se-R

OrangeUaVol
Car: 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V

I have a 2004 Spec, besides the butterfly valves and pre-cat...are there any other open recalls?

Cilos02
Car: 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec V

I have a 04 sentra spec v, i been having problems with it for a while i would be driving and the car would just die on me, before it dies it would jurk then it would just die and i could usually just start it up again. The last time it did that to me it wouldnt start at all, I have gone to the dealership and they just say its the throtle sensor, it has been replace but the problem still exist. Has this happen to anyone else also and if it has how did you fix it, or if there are any suggestions it would be appreciated.

whiteblack04specv
Car: 04 sentra spec v

i have an 04 spec v and i would be driving and it would randomly cut off then back on and if i drove it for about 30 mins then turned it off an tried to start it again it wouldnt start and it was the crankshaft sensor . hope that helps.ps its under the back side and hard to get to if you have to change it.you have to kinda feel around for it .

jesfusco
Car: 2002 nissan sentra ser spec v

i have a 2002 ser spec v and it burns oil you think that would be covered?

mylar
Car: sentra

There's nothing like the possibility of the brakes going out in your car to get people's attention.

b15specvee
Car: 2004 nissan sentra ser spec v

Cilos02 wrote:I have a 04 sentra spec v, i been having problems with it for a while i would be driving and the car would just die on me, before it dies it would jurk then it would just die and i could usually just start it up again. The last time it did that to me it wouldnt start at all, I have gone to the dealership and they just say its the throtle sensor, it has been replace but the problem still exist. Has this happen to anyone else also and if it has how did you fix it, or if there are any suggestions it would be appreciated.
i just purchased a used 04 spec v and it runs great after some reseaarh i found out about the precat and butterfly valve issues. i already put an aftermarket hear on and im gonna do the butterflies soon. it burns about a half to a quart a week of oil or so! is there actually a recall on this stuff or is it just rumors!

dboz99q45t
Car: 1999 Q45T

I just got an 08 se-r. Are they under a recall for the motor, or the brakes only? I just want to know what I need to do.

BoostedFC
Car: 1983 Mazda RX7
1983 Mazda RX7 GS
1986 Mazda RX7 GXL
1988 Mazda RX7 SE
2002 Nissan SER Spec V
2006 Mazdaspeed 6

My 02 Spec V was a victim of the factory header/cat. I had heard of the problems & asked the dealer I bought it from. They said nothing was wrong & then the car started acting funny a week later. Sure enough they were replacing the motor & I decided to go with a DC sports race header. I haven't done anything with the butterfly valves as of yet.

lynn1221
Car: bm

Nissan is recalling 653,910 MY 2002 and 2005-2006 Altima and Sentra vehicles equipped with 2.5L engines. The crankshaft position sensor can overheat causing a brief interruption in the signal output fromed hardy the sensor. If the interruption in the signal from the sensor is so brief that the electronic control module (ECM) logic does not have time to diagnose the condition, the engine may stop running without warning while the vehicle is driven at a low speed increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will reprogram the ECM. Certain MY 2006 Altimas which have been previously remedied under recall campaign 06V223 (Nissan R0606) are not included in this recall since the reprogramming for billig ed hardy bekleidungthat recall also included this reprogramming. The recall is expected to begin during December 2007. This recall was the subject of a Recall Query, RQ06-001, conducted by the Office of Defects Investigation. 07V527

Snacktime_QR25
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V.

I'd like to add to this. I know Nissan is not doing a recall on transmissions to my knowledge. But to owners of 07-10 B16a 2.0S, 2.0SR, SER, SER Spec V, with CVT, 5spd, 6spd short ratio manuals, have a look out for any type of abnormal transmission noises or shifting problems. Look up posts with my name Snacktime_QR25. I had this experience but was replaced under warranty. Basic warranty on these vehicles is usually 36,000 miles or 3 years so guys/gals please view.
Thanks.

maccheeseboy
Car: 94 sentra. white. one cylindar out brake lights on all the time when fuse is installed as it should be.every now and thenstalls at stops unless put in nuetrl

my brake lights are always on on my 94 sentra, and it bogs and dies every now and then at a stop unless i put it in nuetrel or park. and by brake lights i dont mean my dim brake lights when you turn the lights on im talking bright brake lights. i know its not the sensor ive changed it a few times changed fuse, and i know its getting power because its on lol. just wondering if the recall pertains to me or if its too old. would be great if it was able to be fixed i just want to know what it is.

Hikuro
Car: 2007 SE R Spec V

Snacktime_QR25 wrote:I'd like to add to this. I know Nissan is not doing a recall on transmissions to my knowledge. But to owners of 07-10 B16a 2.0S, 2.0SR, SER, SER Spec V, with CVT, 5spd, 6spd short ratio manuals, have a look out for any type of abnormal transmission noises or shifting problems. Look up posts with my name Snacktime_QR25. I had this experience but was replaced under warranty. Basic warranty on these vehicles is usually 36,000 miles or 3 years so guys/gals please view.
Thanks.
Nothing like that on my end, luckily though I'm pretty low mile on my car compare to some seeing how I moved closer to work.

I do remember when i worked for a nissan dealer and hearing about the master cylinder being bad I got a special order on mine. Took longer though since it was a 6MT. I also just had the AC Comp rattle on me 2 saturdays ago, I'm about 6 months out of my warranty and under 30K, so they good willed the work for me and replaced it.

DOUG2112
Car: 2011 NISSAN JUKE SV

New Recall

Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall campaign on approximately 33,000 2010-11 Sentra vehicles in the U.S. to replace the positive battery terminal. Nissan plans to begin notifying affected customers in January 2012.

:wavey:

chal4oye
Car: Honda

I completely footed the bill, as the reason given for the failure was lack of oil. I assumed the shop that did the oil change did not put oil back in, I was pissed, but chalked it up to lesson learned. Now, at 140k miles the engine has failed this morning. It has been burning a quart a week for sometime, and apparently just gone beyond that..

I see some comments in the thread about "Nissan owing a new engine" and "02 - 03 can get new engine for pre-cat failure", but after contacting my dealer and Nissan North America I'm told there are no recalls for my vehicle in regards to the engine, other than reprogramming the ECU. And, I'm told that only applies to the ECU, not any repairs / replacement of the engine.

SoundEfx

The newest recall I know of is for the air bag.

dfmoles1964
Car: 2007 nissan sentra
2017 subaru forester

2007 Sentra Sentra is having power steering light coming on and hard to steer. It quit doing it later and working now. What is up with this? Is there a recall that I don't know about or what could be the issue? Auto repair shop could not figure it out without the code coming up and light on.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”