s14 1998 LE came with out factory amp?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
jesusgonzalez7
Car: 240sx 1998

So i have a 1998 249sx LE, but can’t find the Factory amps, i actually believe it did not came with amps.
I have a cd and 6 speakers, and every wehere I have investigated is says I’m supposed to have factory amps, but they are not between the rear speakers.

There is no evidence of amp removal or any changes to the factory wiring.

I'm trying to figure out wehter this car came with factory amps or not because i'm changing the stereo.

Any ideas?

Silvia2b
Car: 95 240sx se / 07 G35s cpe / 2009 G37s sedan (rear-ended R.I.P.) / 19 Q50 rs400AWD

Easy to test if you are already planning to replace the headunit. locate the factory amp turn on lead at your head unit and disconnect it while playing a cd. If the sound from the all the speakers ceases then you turned off the factory amp. Remember most Nissan head units ground throught the metal brackets so if you unbolt the head unit from the dash you'll need to supply a ground strap secured to the vehicle chassis, and the radio, for temporary wiring investigation. You can check the FSM for a wiring diagram.

The amp turn-on is in the smaller of the two white molex connectors, it also has the rear speakers leads so if you unplug that harness only and the fronts are still playing then you don't have an amp. If you don't have a factory Amp at this point then your about 40% done with the removal/install. Clarion manufactured the factory front and rear amplifiers for the six speakers system in the S14.

Are you sure you have an LE model? Did you do a VIN number check? SE &LE should have the same options with the LE having the Luxury package add one like leather interior, etc.
http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/stere ... s_amps.htm
stereo-faq-t263278.html

These links might be helpful...

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”