S13 / 02 Audi A4 Samsung Tab 3 install

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
k00laid83

Hi guys its been a really long time since I posted on here. I've worked on cars for a long time. My biggest project I've ever completed was finishing my 1990 Nissan 240sx rhd conversion and building the car from a bare shell. well-maybe-i-should-show-my-rhd-project ... 7-120.html
Now the reason I'm posting on here is because I have a 2002 audi a4 for a daily driver and I have a project that will be shared with the S13 and the Audi. I recently got some really good subs for christmas that were given to me by the gf's dad that will be going into the audi. So lets fast forward to valentines day the gf got me a Samsung tab 3, and she knew that I've been wanting to pull this project off. I've been researching and going through numerous forums to plan it out. Now the project goal is to have the tab run as my head unit for both cars. That means I have to make a fiberglass mount kit that will be able to hold the tab in place. So that means fiberglassing, bluetooth links, and so fourth. I've already made fiberglass enclosures for the s13 and my system has a double din jvc dvd/cd deck that I'll be eliminating from the car, and my whole system is running off of an 800 watt 4-channel amp. For the Audi the plan is to remove the stock stereo, and have a marine 4-channel amp run the stock speakers, then have the tab link to a bluetooth adapter that's hooked up to the amp, from there the volume will be controlled by a volume control knob. The tab will be held in place by magnets that will be glued to a slim case. So the whole point of this is to take advantage of google maps, all my music being saved to my tablet, and the simplicity of just grabbing your tablet or ipad and sitting it in the dash and just going. I'll make sure to try to update and take pics as much as possible. Right now I've ordered a dash kit, a 4 channel mini amp, a Metra 70-1787 stereo wiring kit, a JVC bluetooth adapter, a 3000 watt 2 channel amp for the subs, and of course the 7 inch Samsung Tab 3. I think the wiring will be the toughest part because I will be wiring the 4 channel amp to the stock wiring as if I were wiring in an aftermarket head unit. I'll make sure to try and take a lot of pictures, and update as a I go. http://www.audiforums.com/forum/electro ... ll-205121/

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Let me know if you have any questions on any of it. Here's the last iPad mini install I did in my salesman's Colorado:

k00laid83

Broadfield thanks for the pictures that looks way clean. I'm going to try and do a Soundman style install kinda using their Float mount style. But they mostly deal with ipads so I know they don't have and Tab 3 kits. Plus I don't feel like spending $289.99 on a kit that I'll still have to do some molding, I might as well just do my own fiberglass kit and spend maybe $15 to $30 to do it myself. Broadfield I might have questions on the wiring but I don't see how different it'll be from installing a stereo system. :gapteeth:

k00laid83

Well I got a few parts in today for the audi and I started to lay the sizing of the tablet around the dash kit. The 4 channel mini amp will push the same wattage if not a little bit more than an aftermarket head unit. I'll have more updates when I start making the fiberglass shells where the tablet will sit. I added a couple of pics of the exhaust I just picked up for the s13.

k00laid83

Ok so here's a small update. I started the Audi pan where the tablet will sit. Hopefully when I make the pan for the s13 it'll be a lot better.

k00laid83

Ok here's a small update of the mold that will hold the tab. Once I make this sucker look good I'll start on the wiring. I haven't made it look pretty but it's getting there.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”