Rotors and pads. 90~96 Q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
thekawaii
Car: box with 4 wheels

hiit's time to get new rotors for my car,right now, i'm considering either resurface used OEM rotors or get pretty expensive powerslot rotors.No drilled. Drilled is useless in California.http://www.powerslot.com

Which one perform better/ stop your car quicker?

For regular street and AutoX

additional inforesurfacing the rotors: 30 buckspowerslot rotors: $172

96Qowner
Car: 1996 Q45

There's been some controversy over which rotors are best. Here's an old thread on the subject:

zerothread?id=108183

It seems that, unless you want to replace the rotors and calipers with something larger, the OEMs are pretty much as good as anything else.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

I really like my drilled Stillen Brembo front rotors with OEM pads I got from Joe. About 6K miles now.

I think Q45tech is still running Power Stop rotors.

jamesmost
Car: "95Qmodded, Benz wagon 4matic , 1986 MB 560sec

i used to have drilled brembo fronts from stillen and drilled rears from brake warehouse w/stillen metal matrix pads was a great setup except the stillen pads always were flawed and toasted my rotors.now i have brembo blanks with akebono pro act ceramics i like the setup but not sure if better.lots of people say cross drilled besides cracking (whick mine never did)takes away too much surface area for the pads to hit and for head dissapationbut they sure lookgood

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

jamesmost wrote:lots of people say cross drilled besides cracking (whick mine never did)
Mine did not either, but I did not have the car long enough after I installed them to find out.

As Dennis has said, it depends a lot on how well the work was done, the chamfering used on the edges, etc.

Z

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”