Rogue's OE Tires

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jrmas
Car: Nissan Rogue sl awd

I researched the tires on tirerack, the Dunlops get bad reviews, the COntinental reviews are betters but owners coplain that they wear fast My next tire will probably be the Kumho wich got awasome reviews

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I have a set of Yokohama Advan S.4. tires in 245/45-19 coming that will arrive today. As soon as my wheels arrive and I throw it all onto my car and can get a fair evaluation done on them, I will definitely post a review here for everyone.

-Ed

philipa_240sx

EddNog wrote:I have a set of Yokohama Advan S.4. tires in 245/45-19 coming...
I really like the higher end Yoks.

philipa_240sx

TwistyO wrote:I have had Conti's on all my vehicles at one point or another. I've also had a pair of Dunlops.The Conti's have always been top notch tires. Very Very good performance wise, I have them on my GTI, and great in snow when I had them on my Pick-up. The Dunlops were horrible, in both categories.

I'm glad my Rogue came with Conti's. Although they may run down quicker than other tires because they are an aggressive tire.

The Yokohama Avids, I hear are also excellent tires.
That may be true for some of the higher end Conti's, but the Conti TouringContact on my '03 Altima weren't very good. The 4x4Contact seem to be a bit better, but I'm still not impressed.

Continuing on the Continental theme... read the reviews on tirerack.com about how fast these tires wear out:

http://www.tirerack.com/survey...ace=6

roguester
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD, 06 Altima 2.5 S special

So the light will go out as soon as the originals are installed spring time without having it reset by the dealer?

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

That is correct.

-Ed

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

FWIW: Our new Rogue (19 mi at delivery) had tread depth of 8mm on three and 7mm on the fourth. Won't go far on that.

Also, check tire pressure at delivery. They're usually shipped with 40+ psi, (which actually rides quite well IMO).

Re TPMS: Sometimes it may take a day or so for light to go away, but it will. No need for expensive reprogramming.

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Update on OEM tires:

Just put on Avids and guess what: tread depth on Avids is 16/16/16/16 vs 8/8/7/8 on the Conti 4x4 Contacts.

And you wonder why they don't last...

philipa_240sx

Alignment has not been checked since delivery, but appears to be Ok since I am not noticing unusual tire wear. There is currently 12,000km or 7500mi on these tires and they have just been rotated today (June 13, 08).
So I have worn 2mm or 4/32 of tread in 12,000km or 7500mi. The wear bars will start to show at 1.6mm or 2/32 of tread. Given proper rotation, I expect about 60,000km or 37,000mi out of these tires... and that's being very optimistic!

Honestly I am not suprised by the high tire wear. The Conti 4x4 Contact appears to be very similar to the ContiTouringContact CH95 I had on my '03 Altima. I only got 60,000km from those tires as well and they were crap IMHO. I swear Continental gives thier tires away to OEM's. And Nissan is not alone, some M-B ML class, VW Touaregs, Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, and the CR-V came with these same tires! They all seem to complain of poor mileage.

Normally, I would not complain about tire wear if all the other characteristics were OK. But they are not. The tires are a bit slippery in rain, somewhat noisy, and snow... well if it wasn't for VDC and traction control, the Rogue would never leave the driveway on snow days.

OK, my rant is over... for now.

slicdicinc
Car: Rogue

Hi Eddnog,you mentioned making sure the new wheels are compatible with TPMS sensors and having the dealer relocate the sensors from your factory wheels to the new ones before mounting and balancing w/the new tires. Do you know if this voids the factory warranty?Rick

philipa_240sx

Perhaps this will answer your question:

From Page 6 in the Nissan Warranty Information booklet (one is included with every Nissan):

Quote »WHAT IS NOT COVERED:DAMAGE, FAILURES OR CORROSION DUE TOACCIDENTS, MISUSE OR ALTERATIONSThis warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosionresulting from:

■ Installation of non-Nissan approved accessories orcomponents.■ Improper installation of any Nissan approved or aftermarketaccessory or component. [/quote]The way I read it, aftermarket wheels do not void the warranty so long as nothing was damaged during the installation AND the aftermarket part was not the cause of damage/failure.

RobbyUSMC01-06
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S Silver/Black Interior

philipa_240sx wrote:You can save yourself $400+ worth of TPMS sensors and dealer service charges twice per year by simply not installing them on your winter wheels. The Rogue will operate just fine without the sensors installed. The only downside is seeing the yellow TPMS warning light all winter.
I put 20" HP Racing wheels with Nankang Y rated tires on my rogue a week after I bought it and I haven't had tpms since. The light quit bothering me after about a week or two. It's actually a good reminder that if you buy expensive high performance tires, you need to check your airpressure every couple days. Don't just trust the tpms. My wifes old bmw 325 tpms system got out of cal and she was running around with her tires 8 lbs below where they should be. She had to spend $1000 on a new set of tires after about only 6k miles on the old ones. A tire pressure gage is your best friend. Nitrogen fill helps alot too.

burrpenick
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV
2012 Ford Focus
2015 Mustang 3.7 V6/ 300HP
1969 Plymouth Barracuda

This thread was disappointing............like how did it go to how fast will my SUV go?????????

Anyway, back to OE tires. Was thinking my 2015 came w/Hankooks, but Im not sure, anyway, they are now at 42k miles plus. I was hoping to get 35, so Im happy, and in no huge rush to replace. I put Pirellis on my Focus and have been very happy. They feel way quicker and are supposed to be long lived too. So naturally Im going to look at these for the ROGUE.
Again, back to the TIRE thread- Im looking for long mileage and maybe a tad quicker handling than the stockers, so update this thread on whats being used in 2020.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

tirerack.com

Return to “Rogue Forum”