Rogue in snow

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
C-ya
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

@TheRogue, nice review. I have AW tires on my daughter's Rogue. Like you, they seem to do everything better than all season tires when it is wet or cool/cold. This is my first go with AW tires but I like them enough in the winter that I might start using them year round. All of our vehicles are AWD and I have snow tires for the other two (Touareg and Santa Fe). The snow tires are just that little bit better, true, but is it really enough to justify having two sets of tires and wheels?

Since you are in Canada, eh, I'm not sure if you can order from and get delivery by Simple Tire. I have been buying tires from them for the last few years for all of our vehicles. I get them delivered to my house for free and take them to a shop for mounting and balancing.

TheRogue
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

@C-ya

Thanks! :)

Now that I've tried All Weather tires myself . . . I think I am hooked.

Where I live, I can probably get away without dedicated Snow Tires. I am not in a snow belt. If I lived North near Barrie or West near Kitchener I think I would get dedicated winter tires. But . . . even if I got winter tires, I think my "Summer / Spring / Fall" tires would be All Weather because these tires perform a lot better in the Spring and Fall. And if you miss swapping them for a snow storm, at least you got a bit more performance than All Season.

But where I live (Milton, Ontario), I am not in a snow belt. And I am near a major road and highway. So both get plowed right after the snowfall, if not a couple of times during the snowfall.

If I lived in a snowbelt, or down a street that didn't get plowed quickly after a snowstorm I would probably consider Snow Tires required.

RE: Simple Tire . . . I like to keep things simple. LOL. I have been going to the same tire shop here in town (J&D Tire) for years. They know everything about tires and TPMS. For me, it is a one-stop-shop. If I did order the tires myself from somewhere else and there was something wrong with them, I would end up having to return them and dealing with that myself. I like to leave everything in their hands. It keeps it simple for me. LOL.

They even fixed one of my TPMS sensors for me no charge. I had it replaced at another garage while I was having the brakes done. And the other garage couldn't get it to register with my TPMS system. I took it over to J&D Tire and one of the owners grabbed his TPMS machines and walked out to my car and had it working in about 5 minutes. I offered to pay, but he said don't worry about it. (Perhaps because I am a regular customer?) These guys get the job down quickly, effectively and with no headaches.

@PalmerWMD -- I like your idea for pictures of your Rogue in Snow! :) I'll have to keep that in mind the next time it snows. LOL. The last big snowfall around here was a few years back. But I know this Rogue can handle quite a bit. When there is snow on the roads I much prefer driving our AWD Rogue around than our mini van. Instead of being a chore, the AWD Rogue makes it fun. Just point your vehicle in a direction, tap the gas and away you go. LOL. :)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

TheRogue wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:38 am

@PalmerWMD -- I like your idea for pictures of your Rogue in Snow! :) I'll have to keep that in mind the next time it snows. LOL. The last big snowfall around here was a few years back. But I know this Rogue can handle quite a bit. When there is snow on the roads I much prefer driving our AWD Rogue around than our mini van. Instead of being a chore, the AWD Rogue makes it fun. Just point your vehicle in a direction, tap the gas and away you go. LOL. :)
don't forget! :poke:
The Rogue forum is one of our busiest ones on Nico.

I live in Florida now so I expect to be able to live vicariously through the pics posted by the northern members.

Return to “Rogue Forum”