Rogue 2017 questions for trunk

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Robertstrick
Car: BMW 328i F30
Nissan 350Z

Hi all! in my Rogue 2017 (restyling) There was a problem with the trunk, it just stopped functioning! I showed the car to a local mechanic, he said that the problem with the electronics did something and the trunk worked, but only 2 times and again the same problem .. Who faced this problem? maybe you need to change the lock?
If I pry it from the salon with a screwdriver, then the trunk opens, but I need to work very hard to do this..

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

What codes did they pull up from the ABD system? The most common failures are the half-latch switch, which requires replacing the lock assembly, or a bad spindle motor/sensor, which means replacing one of the lift cylinders. In either case the system has to be reset with a scanner after the repair. If you post the codes here, we can help you sort it out. The dealer did the right thing to try a simple code erasure and reset, often people get debris stuck in the mechanism or there's a glitch from a low battery and the error doesn't reoccur. Since it did recur, the new codes will tell you where the problem is.

Robertstrick
Car: BMW 328i F30
Nissan 350Z

I didn't know what the mechanic was doing, so I can't say the error codes, but if you say that the mechanic did everything right, it might make sense to turn to him again, thanks! I think that the problem is still in the castle itself..

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Please use the SEARCH feature before creating a new topic.

Power trunk hatch will not open

Return to “Rogue Forum”