Rick Perry Exposed.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Bubba1 wrote:
AZhitman wrote:I've spent plenty of time in south Jersey. Hated it.
Most feel that way about South Jersey (excluding the shore & the racetrack in Millville), which is a shame because the northern and western parts of NJ are better.
You are correct about South New Jersey

The area around Millville will make anyone from the deep south feel right at home,

Hillbillies :chuckle:

I'm surprised Greg did not enjoy South Jersey

Perhaps he just encountered normal NJ residents from North Jersey

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

And, yet, Northern New Jersey is what I consider the armpit of the nation. :yesnod

The last time I drove West through there, after landing in Newark airport, the smell from the oil and gas refineries was quite over-powering. :(

Given that the largest industry in NJ is chemicals, I suppose it is not surprising ...

Z

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

AppleBonker wrote:Fat is more of a choice than race is? I know a lot of fat people who became skinny (and plenty that went the other way). MJ is about the only black dude I know of going white. But he had a plethora of other problems.

Also, this post is in jest. I mock everyone equally!
Interesting point, but in the case of Chris Christie, he's actually made jokes about his own weight, which makes other's fun references to it a non-issue. I guess you could say he has a "thick skin" (pun intended).

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Good for him. I hope he can keep it that way.

I have nothing but disdain for someone who cries about perceived slights.

And Howie, since you asked, I've spent quite a bit of time in Blackwood, Cherry Hill, Runnemede, Thorofare, and Blenheim, and a summer at Cape May.

But don't feel bad - Lots of people who don't get out much think their home state is wonderful. :)

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

AZhitman wrote:Good for him. I hope he can keep it that way.

I have nothing but disdain for someone who cries about perceived slights.
This. ANYONE can be made fun of. You just have to look harder for some people. It happens to everyone. No need to cry about it.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

szh wrote:And, yet, Northern New Jersey is what I consider the armpit of the nation. :yesnod

The last time I drove West through there, after landing in Newark airport, the smell from the oil and gas refineries was quite over-powering. :(

Given that the largest industry in NJ is chemicals, I suppose it is not surprising ...

Z
If you consider pharmaceuticals "chemicals", it's #1, followed by tourism, believe it or not. Subtract pharmaceuticals, and the chemical industry is in the top 5. I believe telecommunications is up there too.

The view from the infamous NJ Turnpike (which Newark airport sits beside, is not representative of northern NJ. That small area is where the all old NJ jokes originate. If you venture an hour west of there, you'll find yourself in horse/farm country. Beautiful rolling hills. It's like condemning the entire state of Texas after only driving thru the worst slums of El Paso.

<NJ native (exit 18W ;) )

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Bubba1 wrote:f you venture an hour west of there, you'll find yourself in horse/farm country. Beautiful rolling hills. It's like condemning the entire state of Texas after only driving thru the worst slums of El Paso.
<NJ native (exit 18W ;) )
Please refrain from giving out New Jersey's secrets

We don't want to attract any more riff raff. :yesnod

Back to Perry who may be gone soon.
We don't need another Texas moron

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/0 ... -note.html

"His reception Thursday morning at a meet-and-greet event in the New Hampshire Seacoast town of Portsmouth was less-than-enthusiastic, and while it was less a gauge of his support within the Republican Party, the fact that Perry had to face down angry protesters showed how hard those on the left are going to work to sink his candidacy. And, as we’ve already seen this week, many on the right plan to do the same.
About two-dozen protesters confronted Perry in Portsmouth, holding signs with slogans like “Another Texas idiot for sale,” and shouting, “Hands off Social Security and Medicare!” and “You’re a threat to America.” Inside a cafe where he was shaking hands with voters, two New Hampshire women grilled him on whether he thought Social Security was unconstitutional. Outside a woman used her small child as a prop to ask him about his views on evolution. http://abcn.ws/nwiQYW"

Telcoman

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

telcoman wrote: Please refrain from giving out New Jersey's secrets

We don't want to attract any more riff raff. :yesnod

You're right, sorry for the temporary NJ detour....Back to Rick Perry's exposing himself.... :chuckle:

R/T Hemi
Car: 2010 Challenger R/T
2012 TSX

That's understandable. NJ scored very high on the national IQ test in 2008. In fact, they scored "blue", they highest score possible.

telcoman

R/T Hemi wrote:That's understandable. NJ scored very high on the national IQ test in 2008. In fact, they scored "blue", they highest score possible.
Thats because Greg missed taking the test. Otherwise NJ would have had a lower score. :poke:

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Perry is a joke. He's running to be President of the nation that he wanted to secede from.

He'll get weeded out pretty quickly, IMO.

Romney / Rubio 2012

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

Really I think the ticket is

X / Rubio

X is still to be determined, but I think whoever it is will surely be choosing Rubio as a running mate.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

So 2012 may be the first race where we elect a VP and his running mate?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

stebo0728 wrote:Really I think the ticket is

X / Rubio

X is still to be determined, but I think whoever it is will surely be choosing Rubio as a running mate.
I don't know Rubio at all ... can you guys elaborate as to why he is a good choice for the VP position?

Z

stebo0728

My impression, and I dont know a whole lot about the guy either, but from what I gather he's a strong conservative wrapped in a crispy hispanic vote tortilla

Encryptshun

So he's like a taquito?

A....Rubito?

bigbadberry3

Didn't he secede from the USA?

telcoman

HashiriyaS14 wrote:Perry is a joke. He's running to be President of the nation that he wanted to secede from.

He'll get weeded out pretty quickly, IMO.
Romney / Rubio 2012

A very big joke

Our last president was a poor student at Yale and we are still suffering the economic effects of his failures not only as commander in chief but his spending and economic failures.
I don't think this nation is ready for another Texas failure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/opini ... .html?_r=1

“Meet Rick Perry. At Texas A&M University, his grades were so poor he was on academic probation. He flunked advanced organic chemistry, which, in his defense, sounds eminently flunkable. He got a C in animal breeding, which doesn’t. For a “principles of economics” course, he attained a glittering D, as The Huffington Post detailed. You won’t be hearing him mention that much amid all his talk about Texas jobs creation.
His academic background, coupled with his rejection of climate change and fondness for gauzy generalities, prompted a story in Politico last week with this subtle headline: “Is Rick Perry Dumb?”
Based on grades alone, it seems so. “

“Perry can’t dazzle in policy discussions. That’s also clear. The farther he ventures from Texas, the smaller he shrinks. When the radio talk show host Laura Ingraham recently tried to get him to say something specific — anything specific — about how America should deal with China, he clung so tightly to banalities that she was forced twice to plead: “What does that mean?”

Telcoman

carloslebaron
Car: 95 Nissan pickup XE

A true religious dude in the US presidency will be a real change in politics.

Perry indeed had an increase of jobs creation, and regardless of "what kind of jobs", the fact stays. The private companies are moving away of US, so what do you expect? No other choice but the government hiring more people, simple solution.

This calls for the eternal question if government jobs are harmful for the nation, and the answer is "no", and on the contrary, government jobs do indeed help more people than the government contracting companies working with the government.

Lets do simple mathematics: 1)- the governement hires 1,000 employees who will earn $35,000 a year, they will have benefits, plus if they pass the year of probation, they will have a sure income for years, they will capable to pay their rent, food, car, etc. 2)- On the other hand, the government hires private companies to do the same work, and the private comapnies will hire their employees wihtout benefits, at $20,000 or less per year, and take the other $15,000 for themselves. They will even hire part time employees instead of full time ones.

Doing the math, the government positions provide better salary to more people, this means, more people with greater opportunities to buy a house, a car, better food, going to movies, etc. Doing contracts with private companies, the hired employess will be less in numbers, will earn less salary and will have less opportunities to acquire house, car, good food, etc, while the owners of the companies will take 30-40% of the amount received from the government for the same task as if the job was made by 1,000 government employees.

So, allowing to private companies to do several aspects of the government task, implies that the money will go to less hands, and that the owners of the companies will take the advantage while their employees will earn lower salaries with no benefits. With the government hiring more people, we have more dudes having a better way of life.

And something that no one is telling you, that it is a fact that there are no savings at all when the government hires private companies to replace the duties of government employees, if someone is running such a statement, that dude is making big lies. On the contrary, private companies hired by the government, charge additional costs like insurance, which in many cases is no more than pieces of paper but no real contracts to protect their employees...and the government will be the one paying such additional costs, lol.

All the above is about the current tendency of replacing government vacancies by contractors doing the same duties.

So, nothing wrong at all when Perry hired more government workers, nothing wrong at all.

About his religious status, my opinion is that I will prefer a million times for the schools to teach my children about God rather than schools teaching my children about homosexuals. Period.

While God and the bible is full of wisdom and just laws, on the other hand homosexuality has nothing good to offer to our society, so I'll hope a religious dude to "change" the current degenerate tendency of approving what is negative for our society while calling the good side of our inherited knowledge and moral as bad.

If not Perry, the hope is of a Messiah who in the future will clean up society from this current garbage that politicians are filling up in our societies, the hope never ends.

My regards.

telcoman

carloslebaron wrote:A true religious dude in the US presidency will be a real change in politics.
For who?

While your are praying you may want to consider

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/opini ... ml?_r=1&hp

"But what about their own records as governors addressing their residents’ health needs?
During his 11 years as governor of Texas, Mr. Perry has shown a shocking lack of concern for low- and moderate-income Texans who can’t afford health insurance or who have to struggle to keep it. His bromides about less government, more free-market and more self-reliance have neither held down costs nor made Texans healthier. Despite that record, he seems determined to carry that approach into the White House if elected.
Mr. Romney, in his four years as Massachusetts governor, played a major role in formulating sweeping health care reform that has shown remarkable success in expanding coverage at tolerable cost. After running away from that record in his 2008 campaign for the nomination, he has now embraced it as right for Massachusetts — but not for the nation. Voters will have to decide whether his hypocrisy would follow him into the White House and really lead him to undo the national reforms.
The differing results for residents of Massachusetts and Texas are clear. A scorecard compiled by the Commonwealth Fund in 2009 showed that Massachusetts ranked first among 50 states and the District of Columbia in the percentage of children and the percentage of adults below Medicare age who had health insurance. Texas was last in both categories. Based on 38 indicators covering such factors as access to treatment and quality of care, Massachusetts ranked seventh over all and Texas 46th.
No matter how hard Mr. Romney tries to distance himself from “Obamacare,” the Massachusetts reforms were a template for the national reform legislation. The state achieved near-universal coverage by requiring most people to obtain insurance or pay a penalty and by providing subsidies to help low- and moderate-income people buy private insurance on new exchanges.
The reforms are popular among Massachusetts residents, business leaders and doctors. They drove up costs to the state budget only modestly and in accord with projections. The primary thing Massachusetts didn’t do was control the rising costs of delivering health care, a problem it is only beginning to address.
By contrast, Mr. Perry’s personal-responsibility approach has left a quarter of the state’s population uninsured. His supporters give Mr. Perry huge credit for limiting medical malpractice awards. That has reduced liability awards and allowed some hospitals to save money. But it has not increased the state’s supply of doctors any faster than it was already increasing and has not reduced Medicare spending compared with trends in other states that did not cap malpractice awards.
Texas has traditionally kept its Medicaid spending down by keeping income eligibility levels low and impeding enrollment. An Urban Institute study last year found that Texas and California were the worst offenders in failing to enroll children who were eligible for Medicaid or a related children’s program. That helps save the state money while leaving poor children without the coverage they need and are legally entitled to. As for the free market being the answer, Texas has one of the lowest percentages of people covered by employer-based insurance, and its employers dump a lot of the cost on the workers. The Kaiser Family Foundation reports that average premiums for a family policy in Texas and Massachusetts were roughly the same in 2010 (more than $14,500), but the average worker in Texas had to pay 31 percent of that and the average worker in Massachusetts only 24 percent.
Perhaps the biggest lesson to be drawn from the starkly different experiences of Texas and Massachusetts is that health care reform works and repeal would be a huge setback. Mr. Perry and Mr. Romney will never admit it. But Americans can see for themselves.
A version of this editorial appeared in print on September 5, 2011, on page A18 of the New York edition with the headline: Lessons on Health Care: What voters can learn from the Romney, Perry (and Obama) approaches."

"AC
Upstate NY
September 5th, 2011
9:47 am
Gov. Perry is against Planned Parenthood, which puts women's reproductive rights in jeopardy - especially young women without health insurance. As an RN who worked for many years with pregnant teens, I am appalled at the Texas teen pregnancy numbers. TX has the HIGHEST teen pregnancy rate in the US, and the highest REPEAT pregnancy rate. Nothing to be proud of. Studies have shown that sex-education in high schools does help lower pregnancy rates. Gov. Perry has removed Sex-Ed programs in TX and replaced them with Abstinence Only programs. In a perfect world, that would be nice, but is unrealistic in 2011. Perry has also mandated that teens and college students must have parental permission to obtain birth control. He says, "Abstinence works - I know - because I've practiced it myself." [Providing birth control to sexually active teens and young adults prevents unwanted pregnancies and abortions.] His actions are out-of-touch and irresponsible thinking. "
Recommend Recommended by 19 Readers

The state of Texas is not noted for education or healthcare excellence.
It is big and residents like to carry guns but thats about it.

Telcoman

mattblancarte
Car: 2005 BMW M3 Comp. Coupe

carloslebaron wrote:While God and the bible is full of wisdom and just laws, on the other hand homosexuality has nothing good to offer to our society, so I'll hope a religious dude to "change" the current degenerate tendency of approving what is negative for our society while calling the good side of our inherited knowledge and moral as bad.
Well, that's the stupidest thing I've read this morning.

Comparing Christianity to homosexuality is a case of "apples to oranges." They are not similar enough to draw such a conclusion.

Homosexuality is a personal sexual preference for millions of Americans /*EDIT: (and people around the world)*/. It's not a religion, code of ethics, set of laws, or moral guideline.

Have some respect for individual rights and freedoms. Just like you detest homosexuals, I detest you and your attitude.
carloslebaron wrote:If not Perry, the hope is of a Messiah who in the future will clean up society from this current garbage that politicians are filling up in our societies, the hope never ends.
This makes no sense, like most of what you've written in this thread. Your opinions on Rep. Giffords are right up there on the BS meter, too.

R/T Hemi
Car: 2010 Challenger R/T
2012 TSX

In other news, Perry is leading in 3 major polls. I'm seeing another Obama landslide. Please let there be debates. Please, please, please.

stebo0728

I would love to see some good no holds barred debates. These 30 second random question, not rebuttal things they do now are pointless. Leaves it open for the debate hosts, or their bosses to either tweak or be perceived to have tweaked the questions. I'd much rather have maybe an hour debate, with lets say 4 issues, 15 minutes each. No specific questions, just issues, and let the candidates hash it out. A moderator of course to help keep some order.

carloslebaron

telcoman wrote:
carloslebaron wrote:A true religious dude in the US presidency will be a real change in politics.
For who?

While your are praying you may want to consider

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/opini ... ml?_r=1&hp

"But what about their own records as governors addressing their residents’ health needs?
During his 11 years as governor of Texas, Mr. Perry has shown a shocking lack of concern for low- and moderate-income Texans who can’t afford health insurance or who have to struggle to keep it. His bromides about less government, more free-market and more self-reliance have neither held down costs nor made Texans healthier. Despite that record, he seems determined to carry that approach into the White House if elected.
Mr. Romney, in his four years as Massachusetts governor, played a major role in formulating sweeping health care reform that has shown remarkable success in expanding coverage at tolerable cost. After running away from that record in his 2008 campaign for the nomination, he has now embraced it as right for Massachusetts — but not for the nation. Voters will have to decide whether his hypocrisy would follow him into the White House and really lead him to undo the national reforms.
The differing results for residents of Massachusetts and Texas are clear. A scorecard compiled by the Commonwealth Fund in 2009 showed that Massachusetts ranked first among 50 states and the District of Columbia in the percentage of children and the percentage of adults below Medicare age who had health insurance. Texas was last in both categories. Based on 38 indicators covering such factors as access to treatment and quality of care, Massachusetts ranked seventh over all and Texas 46th.
No matter how hard Mr. Romney tries to distance himself from “Obamacare,” the Massachusetts reforms were a template for the national reform legislation. The state achieved near-universal coverage by requiring most people to obtain insurance or pay a penalty and by providing subsidies to help low- and moderate-income people buy private insurance on new exchanges.
The reforms are popular among Massachusetts residents, business leaders and doctors. They drove up costs to the state budget only modestly and in accord with projections. The primary thing Massachusetts didn’t do was control the rising costs of delivering health care, a problem it is only beginning to address.
By contrast, Mr. Perry’s personal-responsibility approach has left a quarter of the state’s population uninsured. His supporters give Mr. Perry huge credit for limiting medical malpractice awards. That has reduced liability awards and allowed some hospitals to save money. But it has not increased the state’s supply of doctors any faster than it was already increasing and has not reduced Medicare spending compared with trends in other states that did not cap malpractice awards.
Texas has traditionally kept its Medicaid spending down by keeping income eligibility levels low and impeding enrollment. An Urban Institute study last year found that Texas and California were the worst offenders in failing to enroll children who were eligible for Medicaid or a related children’s program. That helps save the state money while leaving poor children without the coverage they need and are legally entitled to. As for the free market being the answer, Texas has one of the lowest percentages of people covered by employer-based insurance, and its employers dump a lot of the cost on the workers. The Kaiser Family Foundation reports that average premiums for a family policy in Texas and Massachusetts were roughly the same in 2010 (more than $14,500), but the average worker in Texas had to pay 31 percent of that and the average worker in Massachusetts only 24 percent.
Perhaps the biggest lesson to be drawn from the starkly different experiences of Texas and Massachusetts is that health care reform works and repeal would be a huge setback. Mr. Perry and Mr. Romney will never admit it. But Americans can see for themselves.
A version of this editorial appeared in print on September 5, 2011, on page A18 of the New York edition with the headline: Lessons on Health Care: What voters can learn from the Romney, Perry (and Obama) approaches."

"AC
Upstate NY
September 5th, 2011
9:47 am
Gov. Perry is against Planned Parenthood, which puts women's reproductive rights in jeopardy - especially young women without health insurance. As an RN who worked for many years with pregnant teens, I am appalled at the Texas teen pregnancy numbers. TX has the HIGHEST teen pregnancy rate in the US, and the highest REPEAT pregnancy rate. Nothing to be proud of. Studies have shown that sex-education in high schools does help lower pregnancy rates. Gov. Perry has removed Sex-Ed programs in TX and replaced them with Abstinence Only programs. In a perfect world, that would be nice, but is unrealistic in 2011. Perry has also mandated that teens and college students must have parental permission to obtain birth control. He says, "Abstinence works - I know - because I've practiced it myself." [Providing birth control to sexually active teens and young adults prevents unwanted pregnancies and abortions.] His actions are out-of-touch and irresponsible thinking. "
Recommend Recommended by 19 Readers

The state of Texas is not noted for education or healthcare excellence.
It is big and residents like to carry guns but thats about it.

Telcoman
I agree with the first part of your reply, plus, after the last debate, Perry made a huge mistake attacking social security as if this program was part of the current economical crisis when social security besides of being completely apart from taxes, it has its own source of funds.

But, about such a "planned parenthood" you are talking about, come on, be real.

The best way to plan having or not having a child is by women using prevention and teenager girls closing their legs. What do you expect: Perry promoting abortion?

Abstinence is surely the best solution, and if things are out of control -sex at early ages like 12 and up- is not because the government fault but is a family issue. No one obligates the girl to get pregnant, so no one will obligate the government to take care of what the girl does with her body.

This issue belong to parents, not to Perry or Obama, and don't come here with the fallacy that teenagers ignore about the risk of getting pregnant or acquiring sexual diseases, they know about it but they won't care because their parents are the same as well, a bunch of irresponsible people.

It is funny, most of people demand less government but the ask for more government help, and such is the clear sign of the immaturity of the people, they still want to depend on the government to solve their problems.

Look, if your wife gets pregnant because the pill didn't work, please don't apply to government help to have an abortion, go and sue that company instead, because its product failed and the responsible company must pay for the "damage".

The girl was pregnant because a rape case? sorry, bad luck, don't ask for governement help to have an abortion, let her have the baby and give him to adoption. That this pregnancy will destroy her career or her studies for a year? sorry, bad luck, deal with it, but don't ask for government help.

If you think that the government is the "solution" for every program, you are asking the government give you the amount of money stolen from you yesterday night around the corner, come on, if bad luck comes to you, just deal with it, but you can't demand for the government to help you with abortions, pills, etc, because such is YOUR privacy, don't make it a public issue.

Perry is allright with this matter, it is a waste of money to fill the classes with an education that won't be followed after school, not because the teachers are no good, but because the parents are not doing their job.

To resume, neither Perry or Romney are the right candidates after all, and if I tell you more, no one of the candidates -including Obama- is a right candidate, because all of them are corrupt already.

For year 2012, the best choice is "abstinence", this is to say, not to vote. Regardless of what party takes the power, the corruption is the same, the politicians -no the terrorists or China- are the ones who have put this country in crisis, they did it, not you and neither North Korea.

Remember this fact forever: This economic crisis is not caused by lack of resources but by corruption in power

Now, the politicians want to play as the saviors who will take us out of this crisis created by them, such is laughable.

My advice is for 2012 let your voice to be heard: just don't vote...it is worthless.

Cheers.

carloslebaron

mattblancarte wrote:
carloslebaron wrote:While God and the bible is full of wisdom and just laws, on the other hand homosexuality has nothing good to offer to our society, so I'll hope a religious dude to "change" the current degenerate tendency of approving what is negative for our society while calling the good side of our inherited knowledge and moral as bad.
Well, that's the stupidest thing I've read this morning.

Comparing Christianity to homosexuality is a case of "apples to oranges." They are not similar enough to draw such a conclusion.

Homosexuality is a personal sexual preference for millions of Americans /*EDIT: (and people around the world)*/. It's not a religion, code of ethics, set of laws, or moral guideline.

Have some respect for individual rights and freedoms. Just like you detest homosexuals, I detest you and your attitude.
carloslebaron wrote:If not Perry, the hope is of a Messiah who in the future will clean up society from this current garbage that politicians are filling up in our societies, the hope never ends.
This makes no sense, like most of what you've written in this thread. Your opinions on Rep. Giffords are right up there on the BS meter, too.
Since when such a "personal sexual preference" must be taught in schools? Sodomy is a sexual perversion, still is in the crime list of the FBI personal records, so, it is against the law to practice sodomy. (pull your police records and "sodomy" still in the list as rape, robbery, etc)

I don't know what police is waiting for to close gay clubs because the people over there practice sodomy.

Between the teachings of the bible and what you pretend to teach here, I can observe that your reply has zero wisdom and by such, you are the last person I would listen to consider a point.

And I will tell you why. Look, the dogs have sex between mother and son, father and daughter, between brother and sister, and play the dominant role between males pretending having sex, such is "their preference", and is similar to what you are preaching here.

So, I can conclude that following your ideas is to imitate the beasts, and sorry, thanks but no thanks, I am a human who think and reason, and because I enjoy these capabilities I won't follow my instincts alone but I will choose what is decent, so homosexuality is not what I will follow and neither support, that is my duty as man.

Cheers.

Encryptshun

carloslebaron wrote:I am a human who think and reason
That's a stretch.

stebo0728

carloslebaron wrote:I am a human who think and reason
But struggles with grammar?

Hey we all have a weakness or two.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Why did you not include all of the other candidates into this comment? Why is Gov. Perry the only ‘true religious dude?’
I would also ask of the last 6 presidents we have had here in the United States, which one in your opinion was 'a true religious dude.'? The reason why I ask is because if you believe the paradigm of the religious right that the President must be evangelical (using the political term not ecclesiastical term) then your answer has to be the Democrats Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter because they were Baptist. The rest of the Republican Presidents did not fit into this group as they ALL were members of Mainline Liberal Protestant churches (Ford and G HW Bush were Episcopal, Nixon was Quaker, Reagan Presbyterian and GW Bush Methodist).
I would also point out that President Obama, who I senses you are hinting in your comments as not being a ‘true religious dude’ would fall very much into the religious category of the Republican Presidents. Yet it is the Republican Presidents who the Religious Right (unrightfully so) hold up as being a quasi ‘defender of the faith’ for our country. Personally, I think we need to migrate off these ideas in American politics and not confuse politics with religion (or vice versa.)

Please note, I am not saying that politics should be devoid of any religion. Nor am I saying that politicians should be without religion either.

IBCoupe
Car: '08 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE
'19 Infiniti QX50 FWD
'17 BMW 330e iPerformance

carloslebaron wrote:Sodomy is a sexual perversion, still is in the crime list of the FBI personal records, so, it is against the law to practice sodomy.
Typically, sodomy is only criminalized when it's rape. Laws against sodomy that specifically target consenting homosexuals were ruled to be unconstitutional in 2003.

Encryptshun

Cold_Zero wrote: Please note, I am not saying that politics should be devoid of any religion. Nor am I saying that politicians should be without religion either.
I have given up hope of an atheist president in my lifetime. :frown:

But, within the next 75 years maybe it'll happen.

Return to “Politics Etc.”