Question???? Tech DVD

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
G35Sunfan
Car: G35 M35

My question is does the Tech package come with a DVD Player in the center armrest? If so can you just add Monitors if you wish to play DVD for backseat passengers? I'm sure you would have to override the DVD only playing while in park as well. I was looking for the Mobile Entertainment package but I couldn't find a dealer with one. Having said that you can go to any Circuit City, Bestbuy or to a specialty shop like Tweeters and find a 8-10 inch mobile DVD player with a flip down monitor with Wireless headphones with a good brand as well (Sony) for like 500 to 800 bucks. You may be looking at 1k in all after installation. My DG/M35S with Journey/Tech and Aero should be here in 10 days and I promised my 4 year old a DVD Player for the back seat. Thanks for any responses...BTW I'll be trading in my 2004 DG/G35C so this car better be all that. I already know it is. Can't wait....

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

I just got my M45S Tech/Journey/Aero this last Saturday and it is the best.

Yes, the DVD drive is in the center console.

Not sure about the steps to integrate an aftermarket monitor for the back but check out zerothread?id=146336 for some pics of some built in head rest monitors. Maybe contact the poster for what was done.

As for seeing video on front NAV while driving, see zerothread?id=139095 for some info. Maybe not the best idea but I know I'll have to look into it if Apple ever fixes the new Video IPOD to output video while in normal audio mode. Maybe I couldn't control the IPOD from the car/steering controls but I would like to see the current song info.

The M with all your add-ons is all that. I've found the NAV screen to much more useful than my 2004 FX35. There's more info to see on the screen than just maps. Remember that the M35 has the same engine as the G35 and the car is ~600lbs heavier so the lb/hp ratio goes up. But it's still got the giddyup to go.

Enjoy!

FikseGTS
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

I think apple will eventually build a menu output system into the ipod, but I got tired of waiting... just put mac-mini in the center console....

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”