Programming a Intellikey

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Long story short, i lost 1 keyfob, and fried my second. So now I'm using just my valet key. Clearly its cheaper to get a intellikey from a third party than the $350 one the dealership. I search the forum for instructions to program a new key but couldn't find anything. How hard can it be?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Jimothy12 wrote:Long story short, i lost 1 keyfob, and fried my second. So now I'm using just my valet key. Clearly its cheaper to get a intellikey from a third party than the $350 one the dealership. I search the forum for instructions to program a new key but couldn't find anything. How hard can it be?
How to Program A Nissan Keyless Entry Key FOB remote | eHow.com Article

How to Program A Nissan Keyless Entry Key FOB remote.

If you have lost your keyless entry remote or just want to add keyless entry to your Nissan, you can do it yourself. The dealer will charge you several hundred dollars to do this but all you need is the key fob remotes and about 10 minutes of free time. Follow these steps to program your keyless entry on a Nissan.

Difficulty: Easy

Instructions

1. The first step is to actually get the remotes. If you already have the remotes, proceed to step 2. If you do not, get on eBay and find the remotes for your year and model Nissan. You can usually get them for about $50 a pair, shipped. This is at least half of what the dealer will charge you.

2. Open the drivers side door of the vehicle and get in the vehicle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the drivers side door to lock all the doors.

3. Insert your key into the ignition and remove it at least 6 times. It may take up to 10 times. This needs to be done in a good pace, but not too fast. At least 6 times within 10 seconds is about right. If you have done it right, you will see the hazard lights flash twice.

4. Once you see the hazard lights flash twice, the car is now in program mode. Insert the key back into the ignition and turn it to ACC. Push any button on your key-less entry FOB remote ONCE. This should be done within 5 seconds of turning the key to ACC. You should notice your hazards flash again. If you have another remote to program proceed to step 5, otherwise turn the key off and remove it. The remote should now be programmed.

5. If you have another key-less entry remote to program unlock the door with the drivers side power lock and then lock them again. Press any button on the next remote. Turn the key back to the original position and remove the key. The remotes should now be programmed.

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

I don't think this procedure works for intellikey.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Jimothy12 wrote:Long story short, i lost 1 keyfob, and fried my second. So now I'm using just my valet key. Clearly its cheaper to get a intellikey from a third party than the $350 one the dealership. I search the forum for instructions to program a new key but couldn't find anything. How hard can it be?
Here's further instructions. Somethings bound to work.

how-to-nissan-keyless-remote-programmin ... 22465.html

more-hair-pulling-programming-keyless-r ... 74150.html

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/common/nissan ... ey_fob.php

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WoKPLK_Ac[/youtube]

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Rogue One wrote:
Here's further instructions. Somethings bound to work.

how-to-nissan-keyless-remote-programmin ... 22465.html

more-hair-pulling-programming-keyless-r ... 74150.html

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/common/nissan ... ey_fob.php

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WoKPLK_Ac[/youtube]
Those are for keyless entry, not for ikey. ikey is the one that you don't need to have the key inserted to start the car. Those procedures does not work for the ikey. (as the first link you provided also said that too)

meitingo
Car: 2008 AWD SL Nissan Rogue

Alas, I've been down this path which leads directly to your Nissan dealer. Based on 5 years of ownership and logging onto this site on a daily basis the only answer appears to be to pay for 1/2 hour of the dealer's time and let them do this. If I'm wrong about this please post a process that works.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

meitingo wrote:Alas, I've been down this path which leads directly to your Nissan dealer. Based on 5 years of ownership and logging onto this site on a daily basis the only answer appears to be to pay for 1/2 hour of the dealer's time and let them do this. If I'm wrong about this please post a process that works.
Here's what I've found from other websites for the iKey...
According to a Nissan mechanic, there is NO way to program Nissan cars by yourself as they do require a Nissan computer or a tko bcm communicator.

It requires submitting a pin number from your body control module to Nissan corporate to get a Nissan anti-theft code. Even then it requires a Consult II or III scan tool to register the key. And I have seen it done, don't know how but people have bypassed the security system. But the system is hardwired into your engine control module and your body control module.
In short, the best recommendation is to call several dealerships to get the best rate for doing this.

kenbj9
Car: 2012 nissan rogue sl

kenbj9
you can go to a lock smith that does auto key's. I had to do this, It was about $100.00.

outfire

Hello all,

I am trying to help my mother in-law. she has two sets of keys to her 2011 nissan rouge and she lost one of them.

can we get a key online and clone it from the original? does this have to be done at the dealership?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I used this to program a lost 2003 camry key. Twice cheaper than a dealership and a few dollars cheaper than a hard ware store.
https://www.key.me/kiosk

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Forgot to mention.

Once they got your key in their system, you can always order a spare even if your mother in law loses both keys.
But you need to give your fingerprint on the machine. :poke:

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

outfire wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 pm
Hello all,

I am trying to help my mother in-law. she has two sets of keys to her 2011 nissan rouge and she lost one of them.

can we get a key online and clone it from the original? does this have to be done at the dealership?
We have an incredible SEARCH feature on this forum. Merged with existing thread. Please read the previous posts.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

tuita

I use lonsdor k518ise key programmer to add my Nissan key. I ALSO use it to Read PIN code many of car list here: *REDACTED*

:spam:
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: REDACTED

Return to “Rogue Forum”