Premium vs Tech

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
yungkobe88

Hey guys :wavey: , I'm looking to purchase a 2011 M37. I found one that I really like but it's only listed as having the Technology Package and I'm looking for a model that has both the Premium & Technology Package. I read on a website that the Premium Package is required in order to have the Technology Package. I just wanted to double check that this is true. Thanks for the help :yesnod :bigthumb:

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

I think all M's comes with the premium package and all the other packages are extra, some of the other bruh's will chime in and point you in the right direction.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

yungkobe88 wrote:I'm looking to purchase a 2011 M37... I read on a website that the Premium Package is required in order to have the Technology Package. I just wanted to double check that this is true...
I believe it's the other way around. The Technology Package is needed to get the Premium Package.

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

I have no clue on a 2011, but on a 2006-2007, the premium was not available on the sport and included all other packages. The best thing to do is figure out what features you definitely want and then determine whether or not the listing you are looking at has those features. There is always the possibility of a special order that has certain features outside of a package, but that should be a pretty rare scenario. If you are concerned to that degree, you can determine which features are exclusive to the package you want and not available separately, then look for indications the cars have them in the listings.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

I think stm37s is correct (reading from my original sticker)- Most 2011+ Ms come with premium. Check out this thread m-package-options-t582379.html for some good info.

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

Premium is the Nav package, it is required to get Tech. Most M's do have Nav from my understanding.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

I believe premium package is needed before you get the tech pkg look to see if it has the premium features you want then check the tech stuff
you will really enjoy the tech pkg
Mazz

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Review: 2011 Infiniti M37 http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/12/2011 ... road-test/
Our test vehicle, a 2011 M37, carried a base price of $46,250 (plus an $865 destination fee). Like most you will find on the dealer's lot, ours is fitted with several significant option groups.

The Technology Package:
  • Eco Pedal
  • Intelligent Cruise Control
  • Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
  • Distance Control Assistant (DCA)
  • Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
  • Front pre-crash seatbelts
  • Active Trace Control
  • Adaptive Front lighting system (AFS)
The Deluxe Touring Package:
  • Bose 5.1-channel, 16-speaker premium audio
  • Forest Air system
  • Semi-aniline quilted leather
  • Wood trim with silver accents
  • Stitched upholstery instrument hood
  • Synthetic suede headliner
  • Power rear sunshade
The Premium Package:
  • Satellite Navigation with an eight-inch VGA touchscreen
  • Voice command recognition
  • Streaming audio via Bluetooth
  • 9.3GB music box hard drive
  • Climate controlled front seats
  • Heated steering wheel
The list didn't end there. Our M37 was also fitted with a trunk mat, trunk net, first aid kit and illuminated kick plates. After adding nearly $13,000 worth of options, the bottom line on our window sticker read $59,460.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I tell peeps to get one with NAV, Xenon headlamps with AFS, seat speakers, and lighted kick plates. That should indicate it has all the options as this list is not available in any single package, be it premium, tech or otherwise.
All wheel drive isn't needed unless you drive in a place that has snow for long periods of time and the rear sun shade is silly and useless, in my opinion. My rear windscreen is tinted and the entire glass is covered - the shade only covers the center portion so heat and sunlight damage still get in along the sides.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

2011 Infiniti M37 & M56 Promotional Brochure

I don't know how much difference there is between the '11 & '12, but I was able to find a link for the 2012 Specification Brochure. It's a little hard to read online, but if click on the print option you can save the PDF to your harddrive. http://www.fortmyersinfiniti.com/Custom ... es-florida

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

Great info!

yungkobe88

Yeah guys,great info. Thanks for all the help. From what I've surmised so far it appears you do need the premium package to have the technology package. I did talk to the dealer today and he confirm that the car had the premium features that I was looking for. Just going to take a trip out there in the next few days to check it out for myself. Thanks again for the help. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :mike :banana:

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

No problem man, that's what w are here for

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

Larz wrote:rear sun shade is silly and useless, in my opinion. My rear windscreen is tinted and the entire glass is covered - the shade only covers the center portion so heat and sunlight damage still get in along the sides.
I wanted the rear sun shade for parking in the sun. Since then, I have found plenty of uses. My rear window is tinted. Here are a few examples of those uses:
1) The tinted rear window causes the automatic dimming rearview mirror to not always dim. In this case, the shade is sometimes useful at night when cars behind me have their headlights aimed too high or their brights on.
2) The sun sometimes comes in the rear window, and this would never turn on an automatic dimming mirror, so the shade is sometimes useful to block that out of the rearview mirror in the evening when driving the right eastward direction at the right time of day.
3) I have since needed to put a rear-facing baby seat (and included baby) in my car, when the sun would be coming in the rear window in such a way as to irritate the baby, the sunshade is most useful.
Some cars have rear sunshades as a luxury feature, but I believe the 2006-2007 M only offered it with the rear entertainment package (included in those years' premium package with everything else). I believe the primary purpose they had in mind was keeping glare off of the rear entertainment screen. Tint probably wouldn't do that either, if someone wanted an aftermarket rear entertainment system.

carboxygrp

How do you tell which packages you have? Is there a way by vin or you have to call infinit? I'm looking to buy a use m37

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

carboxygrp wrote:How do you tell which packages you have? Is there a way by vin or you have to call infinit? I'm looking to buy a use m37
With the VIN, you can get a copy of the original Monroney sticker or window sticker. The US auto maker have websites setup so you can enter the info yourself. For all other brands (like Infiniti), you have to go through a dealership, or contact customer support. If I recall, the farthest back you can look up a vehicle is 2007.

I can't take credit for this next paragraph, but it says what I'm trying to convey.

Your best bet is to take your VIN to your Infiniti dealer and ask them to run it for you. They should be willing to do that for a customer or for any used Infiniti vehicle on their lot. If you are just shopping online for a new or used Infiniti, ask the selling Infiniti dealer to e-mail it to you. If you are shopping online for a used Infiniti but it is not from an Infiniti or Nissan dealer, they might not be able to get it for you. Best of luck.

Propa Teknique
Car: 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Premium

This was good information. I have been scouring the internet and found that MotorTrend had the best explanation of packages for 2011-2013 models. The technology package has amenities that will attraction people who are safety conscious. It's great to have because it does help to ensure your safety however I don't see many cars with it. Most people opt for Premium/Sport/Sport Touring or Premium/Deluxe Touring. One thing that I don't understand is why the sports models don't get the Japanese White Ash trim. I'm assuming you can find a wrecked M37 with that trim and pull that out and add it to your car but it looks really good.

highline
Car: Infiniti Q45

You can put your vin number into monroneylabels.com and for $7.99 it will print out a window sticker with all the options and what they cost new. :)
Rogue One wrote:
carboxygrp wrote:How do you tell which packages you have? Is there a way by vin or you have to call infinit? I'm looking to buy a use m37
With the VIN, you can get a copy of the original Monroney sticker or window sticker. The US auto maker have websites setup so you can enter the info yourself. For all other brands (like Infiniti), you have to go through a dealership, or contact customer support. If I recall, the farthest back you can look up a vehicle is 2007.

I can't take credit for this next paragraph, but it says what I'm trying to convey.

Your best bet is to take your VIN to your Infiniti dealer and ask them to run it for you. They should be willing to do that for a customer or for any used Infiniti vehicle on their lot. If you are just shopping online for a new or used Infiniti, ask the selling Infiniti dealer to e-mail it to you. If you are shopping online for a used Infiniti but it is not from an Infiniti or Nissan dealer, they might not be able to get it for you. Best of luck.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

Some easy things to look for.

If it has NAV, it has the PREMIUM package.
If it has seat speakers, the silver ash wood trim, and the patterned seats, it has the DELUXE package.
If it has all three little buttons near the driver's side left knee in the bottom row, or a rectangular sensor in the front bumper grill, it has the TECH package.

CRV_33
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x

Wow thanks for posting all that information. I didnt realize my car had the Premium package. Can anyone confirm if DVD screens in the front head rest was even an option on the 2011+ M37/M56?

ibc
Car: Infiniti M56x

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”