Possibly getting an 08 EX35 Journey

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Bdub73

Found what seems like a good deal, 08 EX35 Journey around 91k miles, they have replaced radiator already and has new tires within the last 6 months.

All maintenance has been done on time oil changes every 3 to 4 months. Just a few minor dings and scratches that you would expect on a car that old.

Anything else to look out for?

Drove it for about 30 minutes today and everything felt fine both on highway and city.

It has everything but the navigation and cameras.

Thanks in advance.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

If you haven't seen it already, check out this recent thread:

looking-to-buy-a-2010-ex35-t618593.html

schaffs04
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD Premium. Blue Slate/Wheat

I own a similar setup, only bought it about 18 months ago with about 80k ok it instead of 91k, but with a similar maintenance history. Now have about 104k. Only unscheduled stop I've had was a new battery.

The selling dealer replaced the steering rack before I purchased it. It's a not totally uncommon issue, but an easy diagnosis.

Planning to keep it to 150k. Paid $12,100 for it for the sake of reference.

victorhora

Bought my 2013 EX37 AWD with Tech Package on March 2017 with only 42k Kilometers on the clock. It's almost an year now and it was a great deal so far. I bought at a dealer and think the price was 26k CAD (>50% off a brand new price) and very well taken care.

The car had a good overall history. Carfax showed an accident in 2014 which costed 5k CAD to fix (at Infiniti the dealer) which got me a bit scared initially, but when I thought of how much service and parts costs at the dealer I thought it could be minor and went ahead with the purchase but bought a third party 2 year extended warranty to be on the safe side in case something major / expensive died.

So far very happy with it at 65k KMs and not a single major issue.

As I don't know many trustworthy shops around and I intend to keep the car for a few years I'm doing services at the Infiniti dealer in Guelph/ON. A month after I got the car I've asked flush / replace all important stuff like brake, transmission and AWD fluids etc with genuine parts just to be on the safe side as I had no evidence of these being done after 3 years (even with low KMs on the clock). This costed a bit more then I liked but still decided to keep a good service history for my self and a future owner :)

I had one more service with the brakes. One of the callipers was no good causing squeaks and uneven wear and instead of replacing the part and charging loads of money they managed to repair it. Costed a bit more because of labour, but again liked their honesty.

Been doing regular oil / fiter and maintenance at Infiniti dealer as well and these costs ~$100 which is not terribly bad considering the car / brand / service. :)

EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

schaffs04 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:05 pm
I own a similar setup, only bought it about 18 months ago with about 80k ok it instead of 91k, but with a similar maintenance history. Now have about 104k. Only unscheduled stop I've had was a new battery.

The selling dealer replaced the steering rack before I purchased it. It's a not totally uncommon issue, but an easy diagnosis.

Planning to keep it to 150k. Paid $12,100 for it for the sake of reference.
I bought mine back in June or July, didn't start DDing it till about November though. I've put 10k km on it and outside of the 2 oil changes, all I've done is replace the battery as well.

Otherwise, I plan on having my mechanic replace one fluid per oil change until they're all done. They're not in bad shape, so I'd rather chip away at them instead of dropping $600+ on fluids.

Suzuki Todd

Absolutely love my EX35; bought it used with 69K miles. I now have 98K miles on it. I've replaced the factory battery and the rear shock absorbers.

macgiver

mac , was looking @ A-trader ,interested in Infiniti M35 ,had that VQ...... motor , ya learn something everyday .
As I did research waiting for owner's text-back - here's what I found was the deal breaker , at least for me on VQ-whatever eng's (keep in mind car had 115kmi) the water pump is INSIDE the "FRONT TIMING COVER" :yesnod :yesnod sitting in & bathed in crankcase splash :wtf2: W/pump NOT if , WHEN it leaks right into your oil milky SLUDGE makes your engine a DOG , definitely damaged - that neither you nor ANYONE else would buy it :rotfl My experience is w/pump shaft seal & leakage occurs 85k to 140kmi or a "DUD" @ 40kmi . That kind of job say 12 Hr's min. shop time + supplies ,your talking $$ 1450 to $$$$ 1900 and @ say the 125kmi mark you can't even figure " Well i 'm gonna kill two birds w/one stone & do a belt " :rotfl THERE IS NO Timing BELT.
I was set on V8 , more torque , my thing ,and M45 I believe's motors water pump DUMPS :spitout: coolant onto pavement upon shaft-SEAL failures . :tisk: G T 2/25/2018

Bdub73

Thanks for all responses forgot to check back... Lol

OK my only question does the sunroof not go all the way in?

slice235
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe

I have owned a 08 EX35 Journey now for 8 yrs after purchasing one after a 2 yr. lease. Still running strong at 136k miles. Only issue in that period was the driver side window motor and an electrical harness above the ceiling which short circuited (a real anomaly). Serviced by an independent garage but took it to Infiniti for the 100k maintenance. I had a G35 coupe previously but we adopted a 90 lb retriever so out with the coupe and in with the crossover. Just bought a new Toyota Highlander Limited as my retirement ride but will keep the Infiniti as our second car as it is good for 200k+ miles. This is a great car and hopefully you bought one. Yes it is a crossover but rides like a sports car.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”