LOOKING TO BUY A 2010 EX35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
vicmat
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX 35
2004 Corvette
2010 Santa Fe
2012 Santa Fe

I found a 2010 EX35 with 230,000km (143,000 miles) at a local Mazda dealer in Ontario, Canada. Asking price is $10,000. (About $7,700USD) I'm going to go see it this week...what should I be looking for in the test drive? I plan on taking it to a nissan dealer for inspection before I consider making an offer. I currently have a 2009 Rogue, but would love to go up to an Infinity. VIN is JN1AJ0HR4AM755962
The EX35 is scarce up here so I don't have a lot to compare with. Do you guys think it's an OK price? Are there any major issues with the 2010?
Vic

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

The dealer inspection should help a lot.
Though I haven't experienced all of these, here are a few general issues posted in the forum about the EX35 that I can remember off the top of my head:

-Bad motor in tilt/telescoping steering wheel
-Wheel bearing noise
-rough idle or running caused by dirty/bad throttle body
-slight movement in driver seat
-vanity mirror covers on sun visors
-condition of heat shields of catalytic converter, since its a high mileage snow belt car
-age/condition of radiator and/or hoses; radiators in these cars tend to spring leaks, new hoses and clamps may mean a new radiator
-oil leaking at the top of the timing cover on the passenger side front of engine
-fuel pump noise
-engine splash shield
-oil leaking near spark plug wells
-tire noise

I'd recommend that you do a quick search of the forum to see the details about each of these issues. Please let us know what you find with the car.

EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

vanity mirror covers on sun visors

I bought mine and both mirror covers seem to be broken off, and the lights don't work. Is this typical for the EX? I've been meaning to contact junk yards to try to get some replacement visors, but if there's somewhere just to get the covers that would work too.

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Yeah, it's typical. Mine was broken when I got the car (pre-owned). The replacement part broke again just a few months ago.

I don't believe that Infiniti offers the cover as a standalone part. It looks like you'll have to get the entire visor assembly.

vicmat
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX 35
2004 Corvette
2010 Santa Fe
2012 Santa Fe

Thanks for the replies guys. I just bought the car today...getting it Monday. I drove it for quite a while, without the salesman, and everything seemed right. I was able to get a Car Proof on it (like Car Fax) and it was all good. 1 local owner, no accidents, and dealer service records showing oil changes every 4-5 months. Came with set of new snow tires too. Looking forward to driving it!
Vic

hbgoofyftr
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35
2013 Infiniti JX35

Great car, think you will really enjoy it! One word of warning, on some of the Nissan/Infiniti models the radiator port may leak into the transmission and ruin not only the TCM but also trashes the transmission. I know personally on my 2010 EX, $4200 later :mad:

EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Nice buy! I got mine last July, but didn't start dailying it till I put the summer toy away in November. I live in Calgary and we've has decent snow a few times. Coming from Subaru, I was curious how the RWD based, computer controlled AWD system would compare. I really like it, I can slide it around just as well, if not better because it's easier to get the tail out. Just familiarize yourself with the VDC button location, because TCS can take the fun out of it. When I'm not intentionally sliding it around, it's safe and stable on snow and ice. I have Hakka winters on mine.

My only complaints so far is the trans is a little sluggish (expected for a slushbox, this thing would have been incredible with a 6spd), and I hate the foot heater, it's awful. Other than those, it's a great car. As long as you don't have to sit in the cramped back seat lol.

infinitiex35owner
Car: Ex35 2010

Other things to watch:

Catalytic converter jam
Engine service light
Steering sheel bezel trim peeling

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”