**Part 2..... Broadfield's New Interior Mods**

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Yes it's possible, considering my old interior setup was leather and suede. There should be plenty of pictures floating around this site..... there should be some throughout this thread:

zerothread?id=264243

Trigga
Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx

Cool, thanks heaps dude! Keep up the excelent work, we dont wanna miss a bit!

Bumnah
Car: 1992 240SX, black. Bone stock.

The interior is basically perfection.

skun
Car: Nissan 180sx CA18DET

Amazing work dude :)
You have very good taste to desing the interior of your car.
The center console is painted in matt black, is correct?
I continue searching a shift boot like your old shift boot, with red stripes for my car :)
You desing and made your old shift boot or you buy it?

Thanks for indication of type of pedals :) I will look for the same pedals

NiceLyphe
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

Wow i love it, looks so nice and clean, id love to redo all my panels and such..I was thinking about going with suede material..How do you think that would go? Like to refresh my dash, without the oily feel..Any products besides that snap-on stuff that works well?

Broadfield

skun wrote:Amazing work dude :)
I continue searching a shift boot like your old shift boot, with red stripes for my car :)

All of the plastic in my car is untouched. It's all original and unpainted. I am holding off as long as I can before I paint it. All of my current interior upholstery work was done by me. Shift boots are actually really easy. However, the old leather/suede interior was not done by me. I do not have a sewing machine(yet) that can do leather, carpet floor mats etc. However, there is a place that you can get various shift boots.... Redline Goods. ;)

http://www.redlinegoods.com/general.shtm

skun

Broadfield wrote:
skun wrote:Amazing work dude :)

All of the plastic in my car is untouched. It's all original and unpainted. I am holding off as long as I can before I paint it. All of my current interior upholstery work was done by me. Shift boots are actually really easy. However, the old leather/suede interior was not done by me. I do not have a sewing machine(yet) that can do leather, carpet floor mats etc. However, there is a place that you can get various shift boots.... Redline Goods. ;)

http://www.redlinegoods.com/general.shtm
Wow!! all the plastics are in original state?! There are in a exelent condition! :)
I was sure you had painted them jeje
Thaks for the web link ;)

KoopaTroopa
Car: 1991 black hatch

Hey Broadfield, just wondering how well the fabric you put on your doorpanels is holding up. I did similar with mine and within 2 weeks it started to unstick at the sharp edges.

Broadfield

KoopaTroopa wrote:Hey Broadfield, just wondering how well the fabric you put on your doorpanels is holding up. I did similar with mine and within 2 weeks it started to unstick at the sharp edges.
Mine lasted a year, which I am very dissatisfied with. I tried a new high temp, high bond spray adhesive that I use at work. It just wasn't good enough. So I am going to redo them here in the next couple months and just use contact adhesive. I tried to stay away from contact adhesive because I wanted something simple to use. The contact adhesive requires me to get out my spray gun, which means I have to clean that crap out when I am done..... I despise that part :cry: Oh well, I gave it a shot. I guess anything done right is never easy. ;)

skun

Broadfield wrote:
KoopaTroopa wrote:Hey Broadfield, just wondering how well the fabric you put on your doorpanels is holding up. I did similar with mine and within 2 weeks it started to unstick at the sharp edges.
Mine lasted a year, which I am very dissatisfied with. I tried a new high temp, high bond spray adhesive that I use at work. It just wasn't good enough. So I am going to redo them here in the next couple months and just use contact adhesive. I tried to stay away from contact adhesive because I wanted something simple to use. The contact adhesive requires me to get out my spray gun, which means I have to clean that crap out when I am done..... I despise that part :cry: Oh well, I gave it a shot. I guess anything done right is never easy. ;)
You know Wurth brand? Wurth has the best contact adhesive spray I've ever tasted.
I have an entire car upholstery (seats) with this adhesive and no problems :D

CRyan
Car: 1997 Nissan 240SX

God, you honestly know how to make a man that just "cleaned the interior" really take a step back and look at the beauty of what can be done within the car. Its as if you opened my eyes from just the engine, suspension, aero, etc.

What I would do to win a free ticket for you to redo my interior. Have any baseline "easy skill" modifications for the interior of the car. I really like your angled gauge cluster, did you fabricate that yourself? Or was it purchased?

Also, I didn't notice (I was too in awe of the "over the steering wheel" picture", but do you have your A/C controls?

Again, your interior is so inspiring, thanks for giving me yet another reason to blow my money on my 240!

Broadfield

CRyan wrote:God, you honestly know how to make a man that just "cleaned the interior" really take a step back and look at the beauty of what can be done within the car. Its as if you opened my eyes from just the engine, suspension, aero, etc.

What I would do to win a free ticket for you to redo my interior. Have any baseline "easy skill" modifications for the interior of the car. I really like your angled gauge cluster, did you fabricate that yourself? Or was it purchased?

Also, I didn't notice (I was too in awe of the "over the steering wheel" picture", but do you have your A/C controls?

Again, your interior is so inspiring, thanks for giving me yet another reason to blow my money on my 240!
Yes, I do have climate controls. I installed the JDM digital climate control.

For the center vent gauges, you can check my blog or check here for a build I'm doing for a customer. He pretty much wanted my exact gauge setup, only with white gauges. So I'm building it like mine, but with a couple differences..... like the fuel gauge location. I'm also having to install all of his gear in the glove box..... he's got controllers out the wazzu. I'm also installing his DCC and some other stuff. I hope to be done here in a couple weeks or so. You will be able to check back at this link for more pictures every day or so until I am done with the project.

http://public.fotki.com/broadfield/pers ... was-240sx/

240sxHitman
Car: Boosted '91 240sx

Just took a look at the pictures and definitely like that set up your doing in the glove box!

CRyan

So the center gauges are just being installed into the center vent placement? Very conservative of you!

elchoccolatte
Car: 2K3 2.5 SL Altima, 91 Nissan 240 Sx Se

Car is DOPE!!! :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Broadfield

CRyan wrote:So the center gauges are just being installed into the center vent placement? Very conservative of you!
That link of pictures is not my car, but mine are located there too. Do you have a better suggestion?

CRyan

Oh no no, I meant conservative as to using that vent - I would have completely looked over it and went to cutting out a new hole, lol.

NismoS13Ks
Car: 93' 240sx SE

That interior is by far the cleanest ive ever seen. Good work bro! :yesnod

Broadfield

CRyan wrote:Oh no no, I meant conservative as to using that vent - I would have completely looked over it and went to cutting out a new hole, lol.
I got ya! ;) I wasn't really sure what you were implying at first.

lestat2369
Car: 91 240sx

Are you still hooking up interiors??

Broadfield

lestat2369 wrote:Are you still hooking up interiors??
For myself or others?

lestat2369
Car: 91 240sx

Got side tracked... for others(ADD)... saw the pics of your build... you must have superman concentration....

BMS98

Been lurking a while. Looking to replace carpet in my '92 S13 hatch. Has the brown/beige interior. All carpet sets I see are for HICAS models only, mine does not have HICAS. Is there really a difference and is there one you've found that fits well? Carpet it all stained and I want to keep the light colored carpet so cleaning and dyeing not an option.

skun

This Shift Knob looks very nice and seems very good for track driving, where you buy it?
Thanks! ;)

zach-Ka
Car: 1990 240sx (SR)

Broadfield wrote:Optional OEM Sti titanium knob

420sxWETDREAMS
Car: 1991 240sx Hatchback

Hey broadfeild can you do a write up on the dcc I'm about to do mine and would love to read your write up instead of most of these complicated ones on here. by the way I am in the middle of mimicking you interior or darn close to it except the seats cause mine will be daily driven but truly out of respect of your skill. well done sir, well done!

skun

zach-Ka wrote:
Broadfield wrote:Optional OEM Sti titanium knob
Thanks1 ;)

Broadfield

BMS98 wrote:Been lurking a while. Looking to replace carpet in my '92 S13 hatch. Has the brown/beige interior. All carpet sets I see are for HICAS models only, mine does not have HICAS. Is there really a difference and is there one you've found that fits well? Carpet it all stained and I want to keep the light colored carpet so cleaning and dyeing not an option.
My carpet is also for the HICAS model. However, I kind of smashed the carpet down in the corners where it meets the tunnel and back wall of the floor board. Especially being black carpet, it's hard to really see it since it's so dark back there down on the floor. I'm pretty happy with my carpet, it's held up absolutely flawless! A lot of trimming had to be done to get it to fit well, but that's pretty much the story with all of them. Besides, you would rather it be too large and have to trim it, than be too small and have gaps. I don't really have a brand I would recommend. I'm not even sure what brand mine is!?! :frown:

Broadfield

420sxWETDREAMS wrote:Hey broadfeild can you do a write up on the dcc I'm about to do mine and would love to read your write up instead of most of these complicated ones on here. by the way I am in the middle of mimicking you interior or darn close to it except the seats cause mine will be daily driven but truly out of respect of your skill. well done sir, well done!
Not sure I will be doing a write-up anytime soon. But I'll try if I get some spare time.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”