No Divide n Hide "Handles"?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
khulk
Car: 2015 AWD SV Rogue with Premium Package

I am a happy owner of a 2015 SV Rogue (with premium package) and I noticed something about a week after I got it. I'm pretty sure the handles for my divide-n-hide were not installed. I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this or knows anything about it?

I talked to my local Nissan dealer and he agrees with me that he thinks it was an accident. He said he wasn't sure if it was the dealer's fault (who I purchased it from) or the factory's fault, but I needed to talk to the dealer who I purchased it from. I'm pretty much talking on deaf ears with them, because I would call them and I'd get the same, "Yeah! We'll look into it!" and then never hear from them again. I even sent my salesman pictures so he knew exactly what I was talking about. I would go down there, but it's an hour and a half away.

Should I try calling Nissan Corporate/Headquarters? Has anyone dealt with a similar problem?

**I was going to post pictures of both where the handles are located (seen on the Nissan website) and of mine lacking handles, but with depressions where you would install them.... but my Photobucket account is being dumb. I will post some when I figure out another way! (Haha)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

tsumeone
Car: n/a

The dealer who sold it to you needs to make it right. They can always give you the handles from one on their lot and then they can order replacements for that.

Koushtj
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

By handles do you mean the 2 plastic handle looking things that clip on top of the bigger divide and hide? If yes those are actually to stop items from sliding towards your rear glass when you have it set in the top position. Have you looked under the bigger section? That's where they clip in if you don't need them.

khulk

Koushtj wrote:By handles do you mean the 2 plastic handle looking things that clip on top of the bigger divide and hide? If yes those are actually to stop items from sliding towards your rear glass when you have it set in the top position. Have you looked under the bigger section? That's where they clip in if you don't need them.
Yes, to both questions. There is a depression where they should be, but they aren't there.

andygold
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Black/Almond

My 2015 did not have the handles nor the mounts either. But it did have the two square holes where handles would attach (on the top of the panel), if i did have handles. The dealer was clueless. He told me he checked all the 2015s on the lot and none had them. He ended up giving me a set of handles from a 2014, but when not in use, i have no place to store them. There are 2 depressions on the bottom of the forward-most panel, but no mounting brackets installed.

While writing this, i was on hold with nissan corporate in Tennessee. The rep i spoke with informed me that the handles were discontinued for 2015. I asked her how I'm supposed to keep things from rolling into the rear glass, and she did not know. She gave me a case number and said she'd get back to me tomorrow after the question goes to a tech. I'll report back what i hear.

I also asked about the AWD light on the dash. From what i understand, the light is constantly ON, on the 2014 models. On my 2015, it's constantly OFF. The rep said she'd send that question into the techs too (my dealer expected it to be on too, but his experience is on last year's model.) So I'm not sure if that changed between last year's and this year's model. (Or maybe they left out my AWD harness, like I've read about that's happened to some on this forum)

khulk

andygold wrote:My 2015 did not have the handles nor the mounts either. But it did have the two square holes where handles would attach (on the top of the panel), if i did have handles. The dealer was clueless. He told me he checked all the 2015s on the lot and none had them. He ended up giving me a set of handles from a 2014, but when not in use, i have no place to store them. There are 2 depressions on the bottom of the forward-most panel, but no mounting brackets installed.

While writing this, i was on hold with nissan corporate in Tennessee. The rep i spoke with informed me that the handles were discontinued for 2015. I asked her how I'm supposed to keep things from rolling into the rear glass, and she did not know. She gave me a case number and said she'd get back to me tomorrow after the question goes to a tech. I'll report back what i hear.

I also asked about the AWD light on the dash. From what i understand, the light is constantly ON, on the 2014 models. On my 2015, it's constantly OFF. The rep said she'd send that question into the techs too (my dealer expected it to be on too, but his experience is on last year's model.) So I'm not sure if that changed between last year's and this year's model. (Or maybe they left out my AWD harness, like I've read about that's happened to some on this forum)
Hmmm.... I feel like maybe I should call Nissan Corporate, because my dealership isn't doing anything for me! (If I could just get handles, that would be ok with me. I'll store them somewhere! Just give me handles!) And that has got to be about the stupidest thing. Why would you discontinue the handles, like you said, how would you keep things from falling off? I feel like not having handles defeats the whole point of the Divide 'n hide shelf. And if you're going to discontinue the handles, why still have holes and the depressions on the bottom? It makes me feel better though that it's not just mine...

My AWD light is constantly off as well if that helps you any!

andygold

Actually, that does help, in regards to the AWD light! I'm going to assume that this is another change for the 2015

IMrGoodBarI
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5

I just purchased a 2015 Rogue and mine has the AWD light off all the time unless I press the "AWD Lock" button. The Hide and Go has the handles. I have attached a picture for reference.

andygold

IMrGoodBarI wrote:I just purchased a 2015 Rogue and mine has the AWD light off all the time unless I press the "AWD Lock" button. The Hide and Go has the handles. I have attached a picture for reference.
I think you are thinking about different "handles", as the handles we are talking about are NOT in your picture. Yes, there are handles molded into the panels to pick them up, but we are referring to handles that are attachable to and removable from the larger of the two panels. Look at the picture above with the almond interior. There are 2 almond colored, pieces attached to the bottom surface of the forward panel. These detach from their holders, and can then be snapped into the square holes on the top surface of the same panel. When inserted properly, they are designed to stop items from sliding/rolling off the trailing edge of the panel When installed it its uppermost position.

fourwalters
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Recently purchased a 2015 Rogue SL with all of the bells & whistles. Soon discovered the Divide-N-Hide Cargo System was missing the two handles & underneath mounting brackets shown in every Nissan USA video. These handles are designed to keep stuff from falling/sliding/rolling off the rear panel when moved to it's highest position.

Called dealer and was told the car shipped without handles and I should contact NissanUSA Consumer Affairs. Did that ... was told the handles are standard with the Divide-N-Hide Cargo System and I needed to contact the dealership (again). Did that ... after a bunch of phone calls was finally told the handles were discontinued for the 2015 models and I was simply out-of-luck.

I told the Parts Department I just wanted to buy the handles from either a 2014 OR 2015 but was told they couldn't find a part number on their inventory screen. Another dead end ......

Don't understand why my 2015 owners manual and all Nissan internet advertisements show the handles as part of the DNH Cargo System. Has anyone taken delivery of a 2015 Rogue with these handles included in the vehicle delivery ???

Thanks !!
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

jtehh
Car: 2015 Rogue SL

I purchased a 2015 Rogue SL a few weeks ago and yes, I have the handles and brackets. Sooo..not sure about being discontinued.

fourwalters

Thanks jtehh. Not to be too much of a bother ... but do your handles have an identifiable part number OR SKU you could share??

Thanks again.

fourwalters

Thanks all ... for the helpful input. Would anyone have an identifiable part number OR SKU for the handles and/or mounting brackets??

khulk

Good to jtehh, thanks!

I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and they told me, that they weren't entirely sure what I was even talking about (even though the previous person I talked to did). So they said to go to my dealership, tell them you talked to corporate and they should be able to order you a part (or give it to you off one of their vehicles). It'll be covered by the warranty since I have less than 2000 miles.

I feel like a SKU or some identifiable number would really help though. I'll let you know how it goes...

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

There's nothing from Nissan saying they've been discontinued. Here's the official changes:

2015 Nissan Rogue, What's New:

Models and Options
SL Premium Package revised
Auto-leveling headlights are no longer available (after Dec. 2014 production).

Drivetrain
New Feature: Eco mode added to Xtronic CVT®
Eco mode optimizes transmission ratio changes and throttle sensitivity settings to encourage greater fuel efficiency.

Exterior
Revised color choices
Arctic Blue Metallic (RBG) replaces Graphite Blue (RAQ).
Glacier White (QAK) replaces Moonlight White (QAA) on S and SV.
Pearl White (QAB) is a new extra-cost color.
Saharan Sun (EAP) is no longer available (after Nov. 2014 production).

Interior
Quick Comfort™ Seat Heater availability revised
Heated front seats are now available on SV as part of the SV Premium Package.

Comfort and Convenience
NissanConnect℠ with Mobile Apps is now standard on all trim levels (starting Jan. 2015 production).

khulk

Ok! By the suggestion of NIssan Consumer Affairs, I went and talked to my closest Nissan to see if they could order some handles for me.

To summarize...

1) Both sales and Nissan (Corporate?) Parts said that there currently is no standard for the handles. Right now about 50% of the 2014-2015 Rogues have handles, the other 50% don't. (My parts guy said he agreed that this was definitely strange, but not unheard of.)

2) He (with the help of Nissan Parts) said that there is no part number separately for the handles. (I have a part number diagram he printed out for me if anyone wants to see it. I can (attempt to) upload it.)

3) The only thing they could do was order the whole second shelf component. He said that even then there's no way to track if this second shelf has the handles, since there's only one part number.

4) Service Manager said that this order wouldn't be covered by the standard Nissan warranty, because nothing is technically wrong or broken. (The lack of handles is standard... 50% of the time.)

5) As far as money is concerned, he said I could try going back to my original dealership (hour and a half away) and see if they would be willing to trade the second shelf component out of one of their Rogues and put it in mine (pretty much just give me the handles out of one of the others).
I might try this next time I'm in that area.

6) If anyone's interested, the part number for this second shelf is 849B9-5HA1B, with a part code of 84906N. Parts Manager said this number is shown in his computer catalog as existing, but since the vehicles are new (he was looking up for my 2015), he was unable to see ordering/purchasing/price information.

7) Also, he said the new Rogues are built in either USA or Korea. Mine came from Korea, so he's thinking that might be what determines if a Rogue has handles, but that's just a guess.

Hopefully that helps!

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

You should ask the manager what rebate did they give you since you're part of the 50% with no handles. They cannot charge the same price if the vehicule isn't identical.

khulk

Maximus099 wrote:You should ask the manager what rebate did they give you since you're part of the 50% with no handles. They cannot charge the same price if the vehicule isn't identical.
That was my logic, but the dealership that helped me with all of this wasn't the one I bought it from. (That one's an hour and a half away!) It sounded like, to Nissan, it is identical because both have the "Divide-n-Hide" system for 2-row Rogues. It doesn't go down to each and every part. (Like I said, wasn't the dealership I bought it from so I didn't bother asking!)

Maximus099
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

Their answer wouldn't be satisfactory because the next guy that buys one from them and pays the same price you did might actually get the handles. If I were you I would try and get a couple of free oil changes or services for the inconvenience and shop around on the net for them even though they're a "new" product. good luck.

ivan_2001ve
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014
Nissan Altima 2010

khulk wrote:Ok! By the suggestion of NIssan Consumer Affairs, I went and talked to my closest Nissan to see if they could order some handles for me.

7) Also, he said the new Rogues are built in either USA or Korea. Mine came from Korea, so he's thinking that might be what determines if a Rogue has handles, but that's just a guess.

Hopefully that helps!
I was not aware that U.S were receiving Rogues from Korea can you post the first three alpha numeric of your VIN number to verify if that is correct, just for curiosity. The ones assembled in U.S like mine is 5N1 if you have something different it is definitely not from US, and could be the reason why the handles are not available.

1N4 USA Produce Nissan Car
1N6 USA Produce Nissan Truck
5N1 USA Produce Nissan Multi-Purpose
3N1 Mexico Produce Nissan Car
JN1 Japan Produce Nissan Car
JN3 Japan Produce Nissan Convertible
JN6 Japan Produce Nissan Van
JN8 Japan Produce Nissan Multi-Purpose Vehicle

andygold

Mine is a US built 2015 (5N1), and it did not come with the handles nor the mounts.

khulk

ivan_2001ve wrote:
khulk wrote: I was not aware that U.S were receiving Rogues from Korea can you post the first three alpha numeric of your VIN number to verify if that is correct, just for curiosity. The ones assembled in U.S like mine is 5N1 if you have something different it is definitely not from US, and could be the reason why the handles are not available.

1N4 USA Produce Nissan Car
1N6 USA Produce Nissan Truck
5N1 USA Produce Nissan Multi-Purpose
3N1 Mexico Produce Nissan Car
JN1 Japan Produce Nissan Car
JN3 Japan Produce Nissan Convertible
JN6 Japan Produce Nissan Van
JN8 Japan Produce Nissan Multi-Purpose Vehicle
'

Mine is 5N1 too.... Hmmmm, well apparently he was wrong about that. (Mine coming from Korea!)

Koushtj
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Honestly it sucks that it didn't come with the car but I don't see how often you'll need them. I've had the car for a couple of months now and haven't really used them. Probably not worth the headache.

khulk

Koushtj wrote:Honestly it sucks that it didn't come with the car but I don't see how often you'll need them. I've had the car for a couple of months now and haven't really used them. Probably not worth the headache.
Yeah, that's kind of the decision I came to. At first I was annoyed, but then I thought, "How many times in the past month and a half I've had my Rogue would I have used those if I had them??"

The answer is zero, so I'm over it. It's still dumb, but I'm over it.

ivan_2001ve
Car: Nissan Rogue 2014
Nissan Altima 2010

Did not want to create another topic but since we're speaking of missing things.

Have you guys checked, if your cars came with the towing hook (the thing that you screw in the front bumper) i dont know the technical name of it.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

^^Mine did.

andygold

Mine too, it was in the glove compartment along with the wheel lock socket. They both now reside in the plastic bag in the left rear cargo area locker, along with the car jack, and handle.

daltonvol
Car: 2014 Rogue SL (Premium Pkg)
Traded - 2013 Rogue SV (SL Package)
2011 Maxima S

ivan_2001ve wrote:Did not want to create another topic but since we're speaking of missing things.

Have you guys checked, if your cars came with the towing hook (the thing that you screw in the front bumper) i dont know the technical name of it.
Mine did. It was in the glove box along with my front license plate mount.

By the way, mine is a 2014 and I'm almost positive that I don't have the "underneath" handles on the second partition of the divide and hide. Mine is a US built (5N1) vehicle. So weird.

colonelcasey

I just got a 2015 Rogue SL over the weekend and I also did not get the "handles" for the divide and hide cargo system. I don't see myself really using the "handles" often but it would've been nice to have for the odd occasion I put up the second tier.

colonelcasey

Rogue One wrote:There's nothing from Nissan saying they've been discontinued. Here's the official changes:

2015 Nissan Rogue, What's New:

Models and Options
SL Premium Package revised
Auto-leveling headlights are no longer available (after Dec. 2014 production).

Drivetrain
New Feature: Eco mode added to Xtronic CVT®
Eco mode optimizes transmission ratio changes and throttle sensitivity settings to encourage greater fuel efficiency.

Exterior
Revised color choices
Arctic Blue Metallic (RBG) replaces Graphite Blue (RAQ).
Glacier White (QAK) replaces Moonlight White (QAA) on S and SV.
Pearl White (QAB) is a new extra-cost color.
Saharan Sun (EAP) is no longer available (after Nov. 2014 production).

Interior
Quick Comfort™ Seat Heater availability revised
Heated front seats are now available on SV as part of the SV Premium Package.

Comfort and Convenience
NissanConnect℠ with Mobile Apps is now standard on all trim levels (starting Jan. 2015 production).
Slightly off-topic but do you know why Nissan chose to eliminate auto-leveling headlights on the SL premium package?

Return to “Rogue Forum”