No Divide n Hide "Handles"?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
andygold
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Black/Almond

Funny thing, although maybe not so funny....Today, January 5, 2015 I got an envelope from Nissan, with writing on it that says "Five Amazing New Vehicles", "One is right for you". I open it up and it has a small brochure with 5 tabs, one for each of the following 2015 vehicles; Altima, Sentra, Rogue, Pathfinder, and Versa Note. The third tab, the one for the Rogue talks about the 2015 Nissan Rogue, Best-In-Class fun. There's one picture of the exterior of the vehicle and 3 of the interior. One for the Virtual bird's eye view (shows the radio with split screen camera display), one for NissanConnect (image of the radio playing from an iPod), and the 3rd one, Space to Spare (the image is of the Divide N Hide in Almond, hatch open, larger floor section mounted in the upper most position, and guess what???? 2 removable handles snapped into place keeping items from falling off the shelf. Discontinued for 2015, but in prominent display in their 2015 sales literature...

Can't link images from work. Will try from home...

oldengineer
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD

I just looked at my 2015 SV and don't see any handles so I'll check with the dealer tomorrow. While looking I found a threaded 7" I bolt under the back seat. Wonder where that came from?

BTW the dealer told me that my Rogue was the first one he had that was assembled in Korea. When I called mu insurance company, USAA, the VIN I gave didn't match anything in their data base so I guess it's new. The VIN starts with KNMAT2M............

whizkidtn
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL (AWD), Premium package

I purchased a US-TN made 2014 Rogue in August 2014. It had one of the handles in the holder which is on the underside (i.e., not visible) D-N-H panel (the one furthest from the trunk opening) but the other holder was empty. I thought I was shorted one handle when I decided to fold down both rear seats and guess what? The second handle was in the carpet fold! I picked it up and put it in it's little holder.
I haven't used either since but am glad I have them if needed.

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

oldengineer wrote:I just looked at my 2015 SV and don't see any handles so I'll check with the dealer tomorrow. While looking I found a threaded 7" I bolt under the back seat. Wonder where that came from?

BTW the dealer told me that my Rogue was the first one he had that was assembled in Korea. When I called mu insurance company, USAA, the VIN I gave didn't match anything in their data base so I guess it's new. The VIN starts with KNMAT2M............
I had the giant eye bolt in my glovebox when I got my car. No idea why I have it...maybe for when I need a tow? I put it in the spare tire compartment for safekeeping.

andygold

That eyebolt although sometimes called a tow hook, should not be used for towing. It is used as a tie down. If you use it for towing, you will probably damage your transmission.

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

andygold wrote:That eyebolt although sometimes called a tow hook, should not be used for towing. It is used as a tie down. If you use it for towing, you will probably damage your transmission.
Exactly! It is not for towing as in "in lieu of a tow truck". It is for fastening a come-along, tow strap, or some such thing to pull you out of an "off-roading adventure gone wrong".

Like we all go rock climbing in our Rogues :mike

dinosaurcam
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

I may see if I can print some handles with a 3d printer if anybody interested?, anybody have pics they could send of ones they have?

andygold

dinosaurcam wrote:I may see if I can print some handles with a 3d printer if anybody interested?, anybody have pics they could send of ones they have?

I can send you pics of mine. My car was the first 2015 the dealer sold, and it did not have the handles nor mounts. I commented that they were missing, so the dealer grabbed a set from a 2014 and threw them in the back (I wonder how he was able to get a set to replace back into the 2014). Even though i have no mounts, I'm still glad i got handles. I figured I'd place Velcro on both the handles and the bottom of the DnH panel, and stow them that way.

If you could make a set of mounts though, I'd be up for a set of those...

I'll post images and dimensions later today or tomorrow (kids have sports games tonight at school).

andygold

I forgot to measure the center to center of the mounting posts, but you can get that from your car's Divide n Hide platform.

Also, you will note that only one of the posts has the 2 little buttresses on it. i think they are to tighten up the fit a bit. One is longer than the other. The other post is smooth, without either of the two buttresses.

I didn't realize it when I was measuring, but the 4 depressions on the sides of the posts seem to help in locking the posts into the holes in the platform. it's a small friction fit. Again, you can get this measurement (if you feel it's necessary) from your DnH platform.

There are some radii and chamfers, that don't seem to be necessary for the handle to lock into place, and I had no way of measuring them, so I left them off.

If you need any further specific measurements, please ask, and I'll see what I can do....

andygold

I forgot to measure the center to center of the mounting posts, but you can get that from your car's Divide n Hide platform.

Also, you will note that only one of the posts has the 2 little buttresses on it. i think they are to tighten up the fit a bit. One is longer than the other. The other post is smooth, without either of the two buttresses.

I didn't realize it when I was measuring, but the 4 depressions on the sides of the posts seem to help in locking the posts into the holes in the platform. it's a small friction fit. Again, you can get this measurement (if you feel it's necessary) from your DnH platform.

There are some radii and chamfers, that don't seem to be necessary for the handle to lock into place, and I had no way of measuring them, so I left them off.

If you need any further specific measurements, please ask, and I'll see what I can do....

RoombaGuy
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue SL AWD

We picked up a new 2015 SL AWD with Premium last night.

I had seen this thread, so at the inspection, I went looking for the handles and before I even got to where they are supposed to be, the salesman told me they are discontinued for 2015.

PS : we are loving the LED headlights ; super bright!

Blueish2
Car: First one - 2015 Cayenne Red Nissan Rogue S. Traded for 2017.5 Gun Metallic Midnight Edition.

I've been going back & forth with both Nissan and my dealer. They finally gave me item numbers for the dealer to order:

Black Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1A
Bracket: 84929-4BA0A
Rivet: 84995-4BA0A

Beige Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1B
Bracket: 84929-4BA0B

As I got this info from Nissan, my dealer's parts dept called me and told me that they could order the part. It's $140!!! I said "shouldn't this have been standard?". He told me I have to speak to the sales manager about that. I texted Nissan back and now some person is telling me:

The Divide-N-Hide Cargo System is standard for all versions of the 2015 Rogue. However, the Guard Bars are sold as accessories, unless purchased with the Family Package. We apologize for any confusion we may have caused.

Thanks again for reaching out to us,
Carrie, Nissan Social Support

Really? Is there anyone who got a 2015 without the Family Package and got these handles?? Please? I need some ammo for my conversation with the dealer.

Thanks in advance!

Ferrisfan
Car: 2014 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Package

Blueish2 wrote:I've been going back & forth with both Nissan and my dealer. They finally gave me item numbers for the dealer to order:

Black Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1A
Bracket: 84929-4BA0A

Beige Interior:
Handle: 84912-4BA1B
Bracket: 84929-4BA0B

As I got this info from Nissan, my dealer's parts dept called me and told me that they could order the part. It's $140!!! I said "shouldn't this have been standard?". He told me I have to speak to the sales manager about that. I texted Nissan back and now some person is telling me:

The Divide-N-Hide Cargo System is standard for all versions of the 2015 Rogue. However, the Guard Bars are sold as accessories, unless purchased with the Family Package. We apologize for any confusion we may have caused.

Thanks again for reaching out to us,
Carrie, Nissan Social Support

Really? Is there anyone who got a 2015 without the Family Package and got these handles?? Please? I need some ammo for my conversation with the dealer.

Thanks in advance!
Nice to know what my set is worth ! :naughty:

andygold

When last i was at the Nissan dealership they looked up the handles but all they could find was the platform "assembly" for the 2014. The same picture on the computer, but for the 2015, showed it as a "part" and not an "assembly". So we assumed the handles and mounts were part of the "assembly". I asked the parts guy to get me a price on the 2014 assembly, but it came up as discontinued. I wonder if that quoted price was for the whole assembly, including the platform.

Tudy
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue S AWD Cayenne Red/Beige int.
(but with HUB CAPS ??? C'mon Nissan...)

andygold wrote:When last i was at the Nissan dealership they looked up the handles but all they could find was the platform "assembly" for the 2014. The same picture on the computer, but for the 2015, showed it as a "part" and not an "assembly". So we assumed the handles and mounts were part of the "assembly". I asked the parts guy to get me a price on the 2014 assembly, but it came up as discontinued. I wonder if that quoted price was for the whole assembly, including the platform.
andygold:

I would be interested in purchasing the handles if you were to find a way to print on your 3D printer. It's ridiculous that they don't have a part number to order them by. :bs:

I'll keep following this thread to see if you have any luck.

Thank you!
Tudy

andygold

I don't have a 3D printer. I was posting the dimensions for another forum member who said he had access to a 3D printer.

RebeccaRee

Thanks everyone for starting this thread. I too bought a 2015 Rogue last weekend and it didn't come with the handles. My uncle's wife works at Nissan Corporate so I was able to give her the part number(s) listed earlier. I hope to hear back soon. Will keep you posted.

orkinman

Hi,

I just bought a 2015 Rogue SL yesterday. Before I went to the dealer, I read most of the discussions in this forum so I am fully aware of this handles thing. During the test drive, I asked the dealer if the car comes with the handlers, his answer is NO. Since I don't really need them, I didn't ask him further questions. So I think this is common for 2015 model.

1200 Crazy

I just got an answer. Nissan states that the handles do not come with any of the 2015 Rogues and that the advertising information (brochure info/pictures) for the 2014 was used in error.

zby1985
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD Premium
Pearl White/Almond

I have a 2015 and still would love to have these handles. If anyone knows where to get them or you want to sell your handles, please let me know.

oldengineer
Car: 2015 Rogue SV AWD

I'd like to have them too. My 2015 had a paper diagram in the back section showing different configurations of the Divide And Hide system and several of the pictures showed the handles in use.

andygold

Just found this thread, where an owner says Nissan is working on getting handles...It's the 11th post down

post6635861.html#p6635861

zby1985
Pearl White/Almond

andygold wrote:Just found this thread, where an owner says Nissan is working on getting handles...It's the 11th post down

post6635861.html#p6635861

This sounds promising. Looking forward to these new parts.

colonelcasey

They should give it for free to anyone who has a 2015 car instead of selling them back to us.

jaymeg915
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Sl AWD

colonelcasey wrote:They should give it for free to anyone who has a 2015 car instead of selling them back to us.
I totally agree with you. I mean they show them in all their brochures, I saw that they said there was an error. I work in retail & if there is an error like that we take of the customer. It what's right & moral thing to do.

Chemikaze
Car: '15 Rogue SV

Just bought a new Rogue 2 weeks ago. I asked the dealer about it because they had some in the almond but not black. They called Nissan and as soon as they said Rogue handles they knew immediately about the issue. Turns out they are just out of stock - in the whole country. They can't even order them yet but the dealer assured my that if he finds a pair, they are mine.

bono
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

Ordered parts for divide n hide handles today. Cost was $30 plus tax. FYI, While the part #s provided by Nissan USA are helpful, you will need to know quantities. They are 2 handles, 4 brackets and 8 rivets.
Does anybody have any info on how to perform a DIY install?

zby1985
Pearl White/Almond

bono wrote:Ordered parts for divide n hide handles today. Cost was $30 plus tax. FYI, While the part #s provided by Nissan USA are helpful, you will need to know quantities. They are 2 handles, 4 brackets and 8 rivets.
Does anybody have any info on how to perform a DIY install?
Can you share the parts number? Thanks a lot.

bono
Car: 2015 Rogue SV

Part numbers listed in earlier post above, please see:
Re: No Divide n Hide "Handles"?
Post by Blueish2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:59 pm

Stingray511

We purchased a 2015 Rogue SL a couple of weeks ago. We took it on vacation and I placed the rear shelf in the upper position and was looking for the handles; there were none, which led me to these posts. I'm going to go to the dealer when we return home this week and bring these posts. I'll update with the results of my experience at the dealer.

Return to “Rogue Forum”