SR20DET - Nistune nissan Tuning software

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
AllTypes
Car: s13 onevia

Has anybody ever herd of the nistune tuing software. Its for all of the nissan engines made from 84-98 ka, sr, rb, ca and FWD engines to

I just got it and Im going to use it on an stock sr20det rwd engine

Its supposed to be to configure the stock ecu without using all new hardeware

I going to post up more info on it soon

elpiar
Car: 1992 KA-T

anything?

nissanman04
Car: '90 240SX, '95 Subaru Legacy

I was planning on using it with my RB20. It seemed like quite a few of the old school Z guys were using it with good success. Maybe search on some of their forums...

seanman
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

anything?

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Wow, this thread popped up just as I began my search for tuning options. I will have to look into this further.

seanman
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

lol

1QUICK4
Car: SR20DET S13

jr_ss
Car: 95' S14

There's a guy on Zilvia using the software in his car. I use to talk with him about it on AIM, but I can't think of his sn off hand. Search Zilvia you might find him. The software seems very easy to use. You'll of course need a wideband to do the tuning yourself. I believe most widebands have a narrowband output so you can run it to the ecu for the stock tune.

CMG
Car: 1989 240sx Hatch w/ Redtop

Looks alright for $400. Sounds easy to use.

jt15833
Car: 95' 240SX

i checked out my friends kpro on his rsx this weekend and if it is anything like that (and it looks similar from screen shots of nistune I have seen) it is good. I plan on getting it too for my ca18det. For only a little more than an safc you get much more control.

psilocyben
Car: 1992 240sx

For 750$ a guy out of Australia told me he would sell meS13 CA18 ECUNistune Type 1 Board FittedUSB Conult enabled ECU Software ( all software / cables etc...) Base maps & advise Delivery to US of A! The tune I asked him for was a Ca18det with 444cc's, T-28 14lbs, z32 maf.Your ecu will be tuned on 93 octane gas, send him back your ecu and get 100$ refund, and a money back guarantee!This price is for the CA, RB20, and Rb26..Other tunes and ecus will cost just about the same maybe a little more! Like the KA, SR. The guy you want to get in contact with is Dr. Drift at drdrift.com.auSend him an e-mail tell him Cisco refered you and see what he can do for you. You can see some of his work on youtube as well.

Sabot

Interesting....as soon as anybody play with this software please post up first hand experience not this he said she said stuff.

DrDrift
Car: S13 Silvia RB25DET T67

I use it everyday

It is brilliant...

It makes tuning cars fun and easy for experienced tuners, the software is very user friendly, well laid out, customizable, etc etc... An the added benefit for CA owners is that it generates a basic consult diagnostic and datalogging output - Something never seen before with factory CA ECUs.

Any questions?

jlinder
Car: 1993 240sx Silvia conversion SR20 swap

I have been running my NIStune for 10 months now, and love it. I still tinker with the tune now and then, and usually make slight improvements. I know that Nico wont let us attach a .bin file, so we will have to send them through email.

I am running a S13 blacktop SR20 with 550cc injectors, N60 maf, and a FP BIG28 turbo. The tune that I wanted to attach works great for me. It idles strong and the air fuel ratio is great at cruising (14.6 - 14.9) and rocks solid under full boost (11.8 AFR) which is 19 lbs. Remember, I do live in Florida so we have 93 octane (sweet). So if you are stuck with 91 octane, you my want to pull the timing down just a hair.

Email me [email protected] for the bin file, I hope this helps someone get started, and I hope this thread will grow.

s13_silvia_redtop
Car: 240sx

hi, i have just purchased one of these nistunes about a week ago and im waiting for it in the mail right now. but i am going to be new to this tuning software and i hope i have as good of an experiance with it as you two did. is there any suggestions and maybe you can email me that bin file as a rough start for my car? thanks

Kyle, C

jlinder

I would be happy to help. What kind of mods do you have?

supreamS14
Car: 96 240sx S13-blacktop Sr20deT

It Sounds great! What are 800cc injectors good for in our SR20det's(500-720whp)? Is everyone geting their nistune's AUS or from USA?

s13_silvia_redtop

yea i ordered mine from AUS and i am hoping its all its cracked up to be i cant wait. and i have 740cc and i was told those will handle 500 easily so, some where above that.

jnr_chin
Car: skyline

is there a link to purchase them from usa if so is it the original? could i have the link if possible

jnr_chin

i have a friend with it on his rb25det and he took me through the software and i think it IS all they say it is. straight forward and user friendly.

i think though that they should have preset for starter example one should be able to insert mods and other sureties and it should give a basic of what can work to max power but unfortunately its not like that caz its real time the click of a button can mash up your engine

overall though its immaculate

otterman

I've used it.

It's probably the best stand alone in my opinion. If you want complete control over your car then it's well worth the money. You can tune on the fly, which is real nice.

It's pretty simple but if you're scared of too much info being thrown at you, I'd go with the PowerFC.

I dont think there are any USA sellers, the guy who makes it lives in AUS. It's no scam though, if that's what you're worried about.

jnr_chin

i really trust the thing but caz usa is much closer to the caribbean i thought it would take much less time. its a goody though caz from what i understand they ship right to your country.

zil40
Car: 89 240sx

hey guys iv been trying to find a place in the states that i can buy a nistune i found a few places but they give prices for intalled and i will be doing it my self so if anybody know were to get just the board and lic and cable that would be cool

jlinder

Email Pete at PLMS ( http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/ ). I purchased mine a year ago, and love it, If you buy it through them you all so get Tech support. Trust me if your a Nistune noob (like I was), Pete is very helpful. You will have to tell them which base ECU map, I chose the 5OFO5 (S13 Blacktop Manual). They will email you your Address file and software license number. You will down load the software from Nistune and activate it. The Nistune software will need the address file loaded. The address file is the DNA of the Nissan ECU. Nistune will read the address file and know that it is a SR or a KA or a RB....or what ever. Plus ask Pete if he has a bin file that is close to your setup, Big help in getting started on your tune. Just remember it usally takes about 12 hours to get a reply from him, becuase it's in the middle of the night down there, while were tunning our gear up here. Plus other Nistune users can help, like myself. What are you running?

I hope this helps and i hope you enjoy your Nistune Products as much as I have,Josh

SuicidnS13
Car: SC300 2jz, 93 Vert (RB), AcuraTL

TrevTec motorsports in Las Vegas NV also installs and uses it. I know for sure there is a 400+whp ca18 in vegas running low 11's running his tune. The owners name is obviously trever... google their site for more information...

s13_silvia_redtop

hey guys its been awhile but i finally am at the point where i could use some help. i had a friend who has installed nistune before, go aherad and install the board and it seems to work and i get all the readings from my sensors but right now its running real real rich (to the point where its not drivable really). it feels like an electrical problem bc last week it was running good after i installed a different harness and we drove it on a stock tune plus a z32 maf and it pulled real strong but now it just wants to bog down real bad. any ideas?

mods: that will matterbored out 40 over with cp pistons. stock compresson264 cams t61 turbointake manifoldwalbroi have the stock injectors in now but also have 740'sfuel pressure regulatorz32 mafi am using zeitronics as my wideband

Thanks in advanced for any and all help

Return to “Engine Tuning”