Nissan Rogue 2011 Transmission

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Maliya
Car: Nissan Rogue SV 2011

I am new to Nissan. I bought a 2011 Rogue in late November 2018. It has 72k miles and mechanic tells me the transmission is starting to go already. I know that Rogues through 2010 had an extended warranty for transmission, but as far as I know, the 2011 does not.

May I ask, is anyone else in this forum experiencing transmission issues with the 2011 Rogue? Or does anyone know if warranty for transmission on it has been or can be extended?

Thanks!

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

What is your vehicle doing and why does your mechanic think the transmission is going?

It does need the fluid changed at regular intervals 40k or so. Was that ever done? Before I allowed someone to put a new transmission in I would have the fluid changed.

Did you buy this from a dealer or private individual? If you bought it from a dealer have them do that. If it was from a private individual, well..you’re on your own there. You have to remember when you buy a vehicle from someone’s yard or driveway that you buy it for the agreed upon price and then it’s going to cost you $1000 additionally in parts, $2000 if you have someone do the work for you. That’s my rule of thumb, double that figure for a Jeep.

Those figures are assuming that there has been no catastrophic problem like an engine overheat or leaking rear seal or the transmission isn’t acting up.

Here is the DIY for changing your fluid.

https://forums.nicoclub.com/cvt-transmi ... 72758.html

Here is a guy that did it four times on his 08 with good results.

https://forums.nicoclub.com/post6757581 ... l#p6757581

Maliya
Car: Nissan Rogue SV 2011

Thanks for your reply.

The fluids were checked very recently. I'd noticed the vehicle struggling with hills, especially on trips. There are noises which my mechanic heard at shifting. My brother-in-law is also a mechanic and noticed the vehicle shook as he drove it.

I bought it from a dealer. I wonder if other people with 2011 Rogues have also experienced transmission issues beyond the need for a fluid change.

Return to “Rogue Forum”