Nissan Fuga/Infiniti M Audio Popping noise

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
borshtovik
Car: ???

Hi guys

It's a bit of a stretch asking here, but this is in regards to a Nissan Fuga 2006, which is how us Aussies/Japanese/Kiwi's call the Infiniti m35's from what I was able to see.

I was wondering if you guys over the ditch have encountered any issues with the radio having a constant 'pop - pop - pop' noise when the FM/AM radio is being used at all, whereas if the CD drive is being used there is no popping noise present. I'm kinda stumped and I've had a look at the settings with no luck, it seems odd that the tuner/aux input are the only faulty inputs while the CD is still fully functional.

Coming from my basic electrical background I can only assume it's either a software issue since it only occurs when you use the aux/tuner specifically

I'm half tempted to replace the unit entirely with a single DIN radio although I'll see what I can do with the stock one for the meanwhile.

I've attached a link to an mp3 file with an example of the popping noise
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v2zTen ... sp=sharing

If you have any ideas guys, that'd be much appreciated.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Could be a bad wire or something going from the antenna to the radio. Other than that I dont know. The radio antenna is the shark fin on the top of the car, and wires run from it, through headliners area and forward to the radio. Same goes for aux inputs, they have wires that go from there under the center console and forward to the radio unit.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:32 am
Could be a bad wire or something going from the antenna to the radio.
Can't be an antenna issue if the Aux does it too. OP is right, it has to be internal and most likely firmware.

borshtovik
Car: ???

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:16 pm
EniGmA1987 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:32 am
Could be a bad wire or something going from the antenna to the radio.
Can't be an antenna issue if the Aux does it too. OP is right, it has to be internal and most likely firmware.
Yeah I'm honestly confused, I'm probably gonna follow this guide in the next month or two, it's a shame though since it'll cripple the radio functions somewhat but if it means having bluetooth audio then it's worth it

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”