New to the forum, 93 vert!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
demon240

Hello everybody! I've been visiting this site for a while but this is my first post. I bought a 93 240 convertible a little over a month ago. I've wanted a 240 for probably 12 years now, since I was in high school, finally grabbed one! I totally forgot there was a convertible model and when I saw this one for sale I had to get it. The strut towers were a bit nasty but luckily I work in a bodyshop! So i've got the towers fixed and now I'm turning my attention to some of the gremlins lurking inside the car.

I bought the car from a kid, and lets just say the things he did to the 240 were not done well. He 5 speed swapped it, 2 weeks before I bought it but the "new" clutch is totally trashed. He stuck on the most hacked up exhaust system i've ever seen. 2 bolts missing at the cat, only one hanger used that was actually just 2 garden hose clamps attatched to each other! I'm trying to figure out if the car had abs originally, as i'd like to order a new driveshaft. There isnt an abs pump under the hood but knowing the kid I bought the car from, i wouldn't be surprised if he pulled it all out. I tried decoding the model id, but there are only 8 digits, UML964AN, so that doesn't really help me!

Any advice in regards to the abs would be much appreciated!

Anyway my 240 will be a long term project but i'm really looking forward to it. Here is my car, thanks for looking!

The 240 prepped for strut tower surgery, i'm also part way through polishing in this pic.

This tower was the ugliest!

The rust has been fixed, just haven't taken any pics of the repair yet. Looks good though!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Welcome.

No Verts had ABS. They do use the ABS sized Rotors and Calipers/Pads in the front (they are slightly larger than the stock S13 brakes), but never had the ABS system. Also would be a normal open diff and uses the non-ABS driveshaft.

The code to look for is the VIN, either on the firewall on the passenger side or in the driver's door jam.
decoding-nissan-vin-numbers-t165826.html

demon240

Hey thank you very much for the info that helps me out a lot! I've been driving cavaliers and sunfires for over a decade so the 240 is a completely different animal, lots to learn!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”