New to me sport

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
M37sphoton
Car: 2012 M37 Sport

Hello all- recently took ownership of a new to me 2012 M37 sport and what a wonderful car, I also have a 2011 g37 sport, so I know a little about the infiniti transmission issues, but so far this one is running great. 2 things - in my reading on the M37 i missed the part(i guess) about the sport model having the 4 wheel active steering, not sure why I thought that was all wheel drive :confused: ...so presumed as this car was a RWD, that it did not come with it etc..my question is , and after some reading, this is a decently expensive component to replace if it goes bad and just curious of any members that had this issue(I am asking as that seems to be the steepest expense at one time etc, so just curious on it)
2nd- i am reading forum on warranty, but being that this car now has 71k on it and its a '12, any body get a extended warranty at a decent price(saw circle and the Arizona dealership) but not sure if they only sell if you are still at a certain point in mileage...? anyway, hoping for some advice/Input...I love my g37 but selling it to nephew with 116k and running great so hoping the same with the M37, always wanted one, but family and kids came and affording one just got further away, thus the g37(CPO) and happy, so now saw this one, single owner, good service history and took the plunge...thanks guys- plan on changing out power steering, oil, rear diff , trans and coolant. Ive worked on my g37 for diff and coolant and just a syringe for power steering so may try diy on most of those, but the trans on the m37 sounds like a dealer work(nissan most likely) but all others, I think i can manage...sorry on the long post but really excited on this car and hope for many years and miles etc...

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

M37sphoton wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 pm
Hello all- recently took ownership of a new to me 2012 M37 sport
Welcome! Congratulations and great car! I am biased though - I own a 2013 M37 Sport.

1. 4WAS has plagued a few members and IS expensive to replace/fix. See this thread: 4was-light-on-m37s-t582747.html
I haven't had any issues with mine and I have almost 85k miles on it, bought it at 42k.

2. You may not be able to get an Infiniti extended warranty due to the year/mileage - not so sure about other aftermarket warranties. I decided to roll the dice an not buy one after my factory warranty ran out. I've been pretty lucky thus far, no major issues. Just be careful when modding the electrical stuff in your car (unplug the negative cable of your battery) - something as simple as changing to LED interior bulbs can fry some expensive modules/relays if you're not careful. (just happened to a new member)

3. THere are a good number of How To's/FAQs in that section of this forum. I've done the brakes, serpentine belt, rear diff, and spark plugs. I've swapped to R2C intakes, added oil catch cans (prolly less of a need vs the V8 engine) and added a GT Spec front tower strut bar. I've also taken apart the interior door panels, and modded my start button color too. I have NOT tried to drain and fill the transmission - (NO DIY here yet) but I did it on my '06 M45, which wasn't too hard - just a little tedious.
Nissan dealer is a cheaper way to get stuff done!

I started the What Did You Do To Your M37/M56/Q70 thread and have posted a number of photos of things I've done to my ride.

Craig

satown210
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37
2005 Nissan Xterra Off Road

Check with your local credit unions. They usually offer a really good warranty through SWBC or someone similar. Usually the same or better than the dealer offered ones on used cars and doesn't have the massive markups.

M37sphoton

pedsemdoc - thanks for the link , will read up on it today and hoping for the same with mine, will also check out the FAQ and start there with my fluids to determine which I can and cant do, but it seems the Trans is a pass for most members, so I will take that as good advice etc..
and satown210, didn't think about a Credit union, but will check that out and see as I am not too overly worried, but after seeing a few modules and such, and the active steering, that alone was 5-6k sooooooo yeah, got me thinking thanks again.

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

If you're interested in the Elite plan, back when I was buying in 2014, they only two coverage options for 75K-100K miles vehicles were 12 month/12k miles and 24 month/24k miles plans. Not sure if anything changed since then.

Either way, Congrats and Welcome!

M37sphoton

Mjkkb2 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:35 am
If you're interested in the Elite plan, back when I was buying in 2014, they only two coverage options for 75K-100K miles vehicles were 12 month/12k miles and 24 month/24k miles plans. Not sure if anything changed since then.

Either way, Congrats and Welcome!
Thanks and I think I may be out of luck on those given year/mileage but plan on checking anyway, just wanted some additional info so as not to chase dead ends etc....rather be driving 😆

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

Congrats on the new ride, you want be disappointed, this is a great car.

Riteoff
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37S

On that trans drain and fill notes above. I would personally prefer a flush, my tranny was acting a little silly around 90k especially when I would use the paddle shifters. Did a flush using Nissan s matic fluid. A world of difference, it behaves so much better now. Gotta love Nissan saying the fluid is good for life....

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

C'mon, that's a blue-light special in the "Don't Believe Everything You Read Dept". First define "lifetime", then explain to me in simple physics and chemistry why there's no such thing as a "lifetime fluid". If Nissan claimed, "Our new motor has perpetual motion," would you believe it?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Oh, yeah, and while we're at it, let's point out that it's implicit in the concept of "lifetime" that when life is over, the part is dead. "Run it till it dies" adopted as a formal design concept. Sheesh! :crazy: :mad:

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”