New Rogue Owner here and some questions =)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
alienmare

Hi all,

I finally join the clue of Nissan Rogue, I just got my car 2 days ago, indigo blue AWD SL with every leather pack, tech pack....in Canada here....

First of all, I love the car so much, just the fact i think the dealer are charging too much for the accessories, so i decide to pass on those and will be ordering them myself...such as spoiler, bumper protector...can anyone tell if the spoiler are going to be hard to install if i do it myself??? also since as I said I brought it from Canada, means I don't have HID with my Rogue, I know there are people talking about I can install them with some kits. but when I was looking at Ebay, I found something like "H11 Blue 8000k Xenon HID Light Bulbs" which only cost like $30 or so, which is way cheaper than those kits people are talking about, can anyone please tell me if those will work or I will have to get a kit since the description saids I can just plug the bulb in and it should work. I have include 2 of the auction here...(hope i didn't violate any forum rules)..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...oriesh ... rs...ories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories

Alienmare

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

Below is a link to the spoiler installation. Not too hard if you are okay with drilling into your 2 day old car.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/i...l.pdf

roguemocker
Car: Nissan Rogue `08

I went ahead & had the dealership order and install my spoiler, but I purchased & did the bumper protector and grill myself (40yr old FEMALE here) with no probs... I did NOT feel comfortable with the hole drilling idea, whether my husband did it or not! One slight mess-up and he'd be sleeping in the dog house!

I agree, the dealership tends to charge way to much for the accessories!

alienmare

thanks Jimothy12 & roguemocker, i don't think i have much problem drill holes or have my friend do it since he's working in the body shop anyway, so anyone have answers about the HID please?? =)

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

'Mobilehid' is the way to go. Clifford is the guy to talk to. We have a new Scion tC and I installed the HIDs from them. I'm not at all proficient at car modding and I did the job in about an hour and a half. Really good instructions and a toll free help number. Check them out. The kits are kinda expensive, but worth it to me.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Don't mess with the $30 HID's. If you want real HID's that aren't crap, and are actually going to be bright, and aren't going to short out, you gotta pay. I can't comment as to which HID's I recommend since I've never bought them myself, but I see the cheapo $30 ones every single day here, and most of the time, only one of the headlights are working.I went for the $50 KC Hi-lights knock-offs from Ebay back when I had my truck...yeah, those lasted about a month before I just plain threw them away. Lights, like are anything, are a case of you get what you pay for.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Welcome to the forum, Alienmare.

Here is a thread about the HID kits: zerothread/343711

In the FAQ list, you will find other threads about it, I think.

I had a quick look at your ebay links, so I may be wrong, but don't they only sell xenon bulbs? You need the whole kit (bulbs, ballasts, and cables) if you want to move your car to HID.

About HID kits, they are really plug and play. I had put a kit on my wife's car and we just sold it, so I wanted to move the kit on the new car. It took me less than 20 minutes to remove the kit from the sold car, put back the OEM bulbs on the sold car, and install the kit on the new car. What take me the most time was to find a good place to install the ballast in the new car.

I chose to get the 5000K bulbs as I wanted to stay as close as possible as daylight (daylight is from about 4500K cloudy to about 5600K sunny), did not want to be noticeable (white and not blue), and, most important, wanted to get the most output (no filter on the bulbs).

They are at least twice as powerful as OEM bulbs: My wife or I don't want to go back to non HID lights anymore (when we testdrove for the new car, at night, at first, I thought the lights were not on as they were so weak and yellow compare to HID). When we got the new car, that is the first thing my wife ask to change in the car.

As to where to buy, You can have a good kit at http://www.v-leds.com (I bought my leds overthere, but they sell HID kits too) or at http://shop.3bspecialties.com/main.sc where I bought my kits, thanks to Venom_Rogue. Both have really great customer service. V-leds is located in Washington state, closer to you, as 3bspecialities is in Florida or Texas.It is about 150-180$ to get a kit from them, shipping included.

BTW, don't need to order the slim ballasts, you have plenty of space for the regular ones in the Rogue.

Hope this help.

alienmare

thanks all especially Pescakl1 that give much more detail, what i'm thinking now is since if I need a kit anyway, I'm going to go to HK in a few weeks, I think I can pick up one there for a cheaper price, so from what i understand is I need to get the H11 kits right?? what more spec I need to know what I pick up the kit?? I mean anything special I have to say to the seller?? I'm really a noob to this, hehe...also since i'm in canada my rogue have the day time running on, does that means the HID will burn out much faster since it will be on all day long??

sorry for my poor english and my stupidty

Alienmare

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

There is no dumb question.

Yes, what you need to buy is a H11 xxxxK HID kit with regular ballasts.xxxxK is the temperature of the light, in Kelvin. Like I said, I recommend stay in the 5000K range, no less than 4300K which is the temperature for the OEM lights, no more than 6000K which is too blueish to my taste and needs to be filtered to obtain that, but that is your choice.

The DRL run on the high beams (linked in series to obtain about half the power) so that does not affect the HID lights.

Quote »anything special I have to say to the seller??[/quote]Can you make it cheaper? What rebate if I take more than one?

If you want/like, you can take a kit for the fog lights (H11 too). Usually people chose a low temperature for the fog lights as the yellow output increase the contrast between objects on low contrast situation (fog).If like most people, you use the fog lights even when there is no fog , you may be tempted to take the same temperature kit for the low beams and the fog lights, making the output more uniform.

philipa_240sx

alienmare wrote:also since i'm in canada my rogue have the day time running on, does that means the HID will burn out much faster since it will be on all day long??
The Rogue has separate high and low beam bulbs. The daytime running lights are basically the high beams running at half the power/voltage. The low beams are not used for the DRL. So long as you swap only the low beams to HID, you will be fine.

Return to “Rogue Forum”