New Phone, Gently Aging EX, Bluetooth?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
schaffs04
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD Premium. Blue Slate/Wheat

Hey everyone!

I just got a new phone (Google Pixel 2 XL). My EX35 is a 2008, which means it was made one year after the original iPhone was rolled out, and in a year I was still carrying a Blackberry. The new phone has ditched the 3.5MM headphone port for a USB-C combo port, but on the upside, it's water resistant. I'd been connecting my old phone via Aux cable to the Infiniti.

Question: if I hook the phone up to an external Bluetooth adapter to stream audio, any idea what happens when my phone rings through the built-in Bluetooth in the car? I could try it and see but I thought I'd ask first.

P.S. I actually do still make and receive calls. :) In fact, most of the calls I do are in my car in order to make better use of drive time. :dblthumb:

pilotbob3

It is definitely possible. With Android you can have multiple bluetooth connections, one for phone, the other for navigation and media.

You might want to check out my thread: bluetooth-audio-streaming-for-2008-ex35 ... 89121.html

Hope this helps,
Bob

EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

I bought my 08 last summer and started DDing it this fall when the s2k went into storage. After playing with the Music Box, I found it's implementation was awful so I researched Bluetooth audio for my then Pixel XL.

I bought a Kinivo BTC450 off Amazon.ca: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009NL ... UTF8&psc=1 for Bluetooth audio streaming, and it works great. I have my phone setup for calls to go through the cars built in Bluetooth, and audio goes through the Kinivo. When a call comes in, I answer it, when it ends, the music starts playing again. I have the device in the arm rest center console so you wouldn't even know it's not built in. Only down sides are no audio text on screen (just says AUX) and you can't use any vehicle buttons to change tracks. All in all, I'm very happy with it and would recommend.

schaffs04
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD Premium. Blue Slate/Wheat

Awesome, thanks guys. i went ahead and hooked up the MPow mp3 Bluetooth receiver to the aux in and it works great. I might try the Bluetooth streaming hack but I'm up to my ears in work and have a baby on the way, so probably not for a while.

Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”