new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
DaCoupe
Car: 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe 6MT, 2006 Ninja ZX-6 636, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0

are these problems only with the CVT? manual shouldn't have any trouble changing the rev

mcheddadi
Car: R8

probs are for both since its not implemented correctly

Ranga14
Car: Boosted 08 Altima Coupe 3.5

I put it on the windshield to get suction and then I push it in until it clicks a few times. So you're saying I need to pull it toward me instead of pushing it down???

And another note, this thing won't turn off when I turn the car off, I have mine put in just like this person has;

Into 15 there. Is there one I should have it in to make it to where it turns off when the car turns off?

mcheddadi

Ranga14

Yeah, right now I'm using that switch to turn it on and off whenever the car is on. But I'm still unsure as to how to make it turn on without having to touch that switch.

Oh and I was finally able to get the suction cup to stay on by spraying some oil on the back, any kind will do I believe.

mcheddadi

you don't understand how that switch works...

in position A it makes it so the thing always has powerin position B it makes it so the thing powers on with the car

thats how it works on my car unless you used a different fuse than I did

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

But position B ONLY works if the power cord is connected to a "switched" circuit

Ranga14

mcheddadi wrote:you don't understand how that switch works...

in position A it makes it so the thing always has powerin position B it makes it so the thing powers on with the car

thats how it works on my car unless you used a different fuse than I did
See the photo above, that's how I have my power hooked up.

mcheddadi

There you go mate!

I've got it the same and it should work just like me

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Ranga14 wrote:
See the photo above, that's how I have my power hooked up.
Maybe the wire isn't making a connection to the fuse? If you and Mehdi are using the same fuse and its not working then either the power wire isn't making a connection or the fuse is blown...

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Ok well I mounted mine today in the coupe and no i didn't use that POS holder it came with. It goes on and off with the car. I don't have to play with the switch on the top of the OBDII adapter. Ranga, if you have it connected like Mehdi's picture then I'm betting the wire isn't touching the bars on the fuse.

mcheddadi

wow that mounts is tight!

Ranga14

I finally got it to turn on and off with the car. I just took out the power wire and put it back in. I guess it wasn't making a connection prior.

So on my thoughts so far... I do notice a little more pull off the line but damn, you can REALLY notice it in the mid-high range speeds, it pulls harder there for sure.
Modified by Ranga14 at 12:16 PM 10/5/2009

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Ranga14 wrote:... I do notice a little more pull off the line but damn, you can REALLY notice it in the mid range speeds, it pulls harder there for sure.
Ain't it Great

EzeebMOS3
Car: 08 3.5 Altima coupe Black Pre/Tec/CVT 35%/20% tint, Injen intake, Nismo Cat-back, Eibach proline spr

Any way someone can post some vids?

PS- Where'd you get that mount?

Ranga14

So I think I might be the only person here running this with everything else at stock, my friend said this to me...

"If that's (your car being stock running the bullydog) the case and it has richened your fuel mix w/o additional air and exhaust intake you COULD cause more problems than you solve... Additional gas = a cooler ignition cylinder = better gas mileage but if it's dumping too much gas in and exhausting raw fuel it could f*** up your cats, plugs, exhaust ports on your heads... Just telling you the possibilities"

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Ranga14 wrote:So I think I might be the only person here running this with everything else at stock, my friend said this to me...

"If that's (your car being stock running the bullydog) the case and it has richened your fuel mix w/o additional air and exhaust intake you COULD cause more problems than you solve... Additional gas = a cooler ignition cylinder = better gas mileage but if it's dumping too much gas in and exhausting raw fuel it could f*** up your cats, plugs, exhaust ports on your heads... Just telling you the possibilities"
Well first thing is umm get some more mods.

Second and most important

i dont think the bd tuner makes your gas richer. It leans the mixture out more. Closer to the stoichiometric mixture. Automakers make their cars run richer from factory to aid with cooling the cylinders, and things that im not sure of.

But they go way over the top with the richness to be on the safe side.

i doubt you have anything to worry about. Bd would have warned you not do do this unless you are modded.

BigDankCloud
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

OK guys and gals. 25 pages into this. Is this product real science or is it hocus pocus?

25 pages and I've not seen one dyno report from any 6mt guy. I don't mean to sound like I'm demanding it, its just that I'd like to know what exactly I'm getting myself into before I go changing the parameters of a computer that manages my power-train.

Before you say, just buy it and be happy, I'd like one substantial reason for this statement first.

Don't think of me as skeptical, think of me as hopeful. I'd rather not spend the money on this and spend it on coilovers if I cant get a good reason to buy this product.

rich2342

What Dank Cloud said.

Nobody is really raving about this thing.

I think Dexion's results were pretty disappointing as well. If I remember correctly he supplied all of the pertinent info codes etc.. for a specific tune.

Too bad. Seems some bugs need working out.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

rich2342 wrote:Nobody is really raving about this thing.
Are you drunk? Or did you not read the 25 pages?

Nobody is raving? ive been raving, darryl, mehdi, Nick, ect.

Of all the posts i think one person has said it didnt do anything and it seems like they expected this tune to be a turbo and not what it is.

Shiit then guys lets do this

If i get significant interest on this ill start a pay pal account and people can donate to the DANNY DYNO FUND.

???????? im sick of the bs, and i dont have the coin to pay for it myself, since i think im going to have to buy the stillen rotors.

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

I'll contribute to that Danny Dyno Fund I live in the middle of BFE so dynos are far and few betoween

Since I have the CVT, I can only assume the HP gains. However, with that said, I can feel the car def. pulls harder and longer on the mid-range RPMs. The only thing that stinks is that the rev limiter is still not working. I have it set to 7100 and it's still shifting, by itself, around 6350 Aside from that, I'm very happy with it and it's just a matter of time before the bugs are worked out.

Dank Cloud, I understand your apprehensiveness of getting this product but as a fellow 3.5er, I noticed a big difference. My issue of the rev limiter doesn't apply to you if you are running 6MT You WILL notice a big difference when you tune it. My suggestion would be this:

- Purchase the tuner and do a base line performance test (with premium gas). There's a menu there for it. Jot it down your results.- Then download the premium tune to your ECU. then repeat the performance test again. compare your results. - If you're not happy, then simply re-install the stock tune. FYI...the system copies off the original stock tune to the SD card before it downloads the premium tune.- Box it back up and send it back on Bully Dog's 30 day money back Guaran-Damn-tee!

(hit "easy" button here)

rich2342

dldjros69 wrote:
Are you drunk? Or did you not read the 25 pages?

Nobody is raving? ive been raving, darryl, mehdi, Nick, ect.

Of all the posts i think one person has said it didnt do anything and it seems like they expected this tune to be a turbo and not what it is.

Shiit then guys lets do this

If i get significant interest on this ill start a pay pal account and people can donate to the DANNY DYNO FUND.

???????? im sick of the bs, and i dont have the coin to pay for it myself, since i think im going to have to buy the stillen rotors.
Watch your mouth..

I was talking about the 3.5's.

People can't afford a 75 dollar dyno but they will shell out 345 or whatever for this dash ornament? Yeah.. that makes sense.

Trust me I have a vested interest to see it work, but no one has seen or proven gains in real usable whp or torque.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

^^^^^^^^^^ Thanx for posting nothing helpful to the situation at hand. 3.5 or not gains are gains

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

rich2342 wrote:Watch your mouth..

You want proof? Put your money where your mouth is!!!

Same goes for Throck, link, SBD (he said he would pay for 1/4 mile pulls) and any of the other not believers?

Ill even put the link for the paypal on my facebook, darryls fb, and andys?

A dollar from everybody should do it!!!

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

rich2342 wrote:Nobody is really raving about this thing.
If you go back and read through the pages, you'll see that most people have had excellent results with it (myself included), and even the people who had issues with it to begin with are now happy with it. There's definitely a difference, and I know just about everyone who has bought it will agree.

And yeah, like dangeris said, you can always buy it, try it out, and if you're not happy with it, return it within 30 days for a refund.
dldjros69 wrote:Nobody is raving? ive been raving, darryl, mehdi, Nick, ect.
Add me to the list!

rich2342

What the butt dyno??

Seriously you guys do what you want and attack others if they can't yet see the benefit, but it still hasn't been proven with hard eveidence(dyno 1/4 mile time) and that is a fact.. Until either changes you guys are welcome to enjoy.

If you guys are familiar what technosquare was able to do with the 3rd gen altima's which produced tangible results then you might change your tune upon comparison.

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

Hey man, those of us who have bought it and are happy with it aren't trying to force you to buy it. It's obvious you don't want to take our word for it, and that's totally fine. It's your decision. We're just trying to share with you our thoughts and experiences with it (since you asked), and want you to see that there's quite a few of us who do think it made a difference. We're not "attacking" you or anyone else. People come onto this thread asking if it works, and we're sharing our personal experiences. Take it as you may.

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Rich..No one is attacking anyone here.

Is there a lack of evidence that the BD tuner works? (like a dyno chart), yes. But don't dismiss the fact that it does work just because you don't have proof. I don't blame you for doubting. You just want to make sure you're getting your money's worth. You work in the financial world, your occupation insist on proof. No one gets wealthy on investments just because the sun is shining and they're standing on this side of the grass. Fact is, before anyone invests into anything, they need to see the proof, a documented history of success. Hell I would demand it. I took a chance and bought it knowing fully that there was no dyno available yet for the CVT and the ones who did get with the 6MT, well it's either not in their budgets to get one done or if they did, the dyno is too far away to get it done.

Some of the guys here like dldjros69 are so excited on this product that it just may seem to be an "attack" while all they are trying to do is to convince others like yourself that it really does work.

rich2342

dangeris wrote:Rich..No one is attacking anyone here.

Is there a lack of evidence that the BD tuner works? (like a dyno chart), yes. But don't dismiss the fact that it does work just because you don't have proof. I don't blame you for doubting. You just want to make sure you're getting your money's worth. You work in the financial world, your occupation insist on proof. No one gets wealthy on investments just because the sun is shining and they're standing on this side of the grass. Fact is, before anyone invests into anything, they need to see the proof, a documented history of success. Hell I would demand it. I took a chance and bought it knowing fully that there was no dyno available yet for the CVT and the ones who did get with the 6MT, well it's either not in their budgets to get one done or if they did, the dyno is too far away to get it done.

Some of the guys here like dldjros69 are so excited on this product that it just may seem to be an "attack" while all they are trying to do is to convince others like yourself that it really does work.
Too each his own fella's.. But the company hasn't done their due diligence rushing to put a product which is "incomplete" to make a buck.

Look at Taz or stillen as a polar opposite with the r and d that they do and protype testing before it is ever marketed... And when it is put to market there is factual evidence as opposed to marketing hype.

I've somewhat gotten off topic and raised other issues here. I was excited for this product, but it seems that there hasn't been the type of feedback which would prompt me to go out and purchase it.

good luck to you guys.

I hope they are able to work out the kinks on each of the individual programs.

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

rich2342 wrote:
Too each his own fella's.. But the company hasn't done their due diligence rushing to put a product which is "incomplete" to make a buck.

Look at Taz or stillen as a polar opposite with the r and d that they do and protype testing before it is ever marketed... And when it is put to market there is factual evidence as opposed to marketing hype.

I've somewhat gotten off topic and raised other issues here. I was excited for this product, but it seems that there hasn't been the type of feedback which would prompt me to go out and purchase it.

good luck to you guys.

I hope they are able to work out the kinks on each of the individual programs.
Funny that you mentioned it but a couple of the guys at BD has never heard of technosquare. And they've been doing tuning for a while. I know cause some of my friends run this product on other car and truck applications. BTW,..BD is also ran on Nissan Race teams. I doubt that Technosquare is even considered.

Keep in mind that dynoing a car has lots of factors. Not every car will yield the same results. A dyno can be manipulated is so many ways that someone can run a dyno at 50mph and show incredible gains on any given product. I am not sure what you are running on your 3.5 but on my setup, I'm running more than the avg. joe. Stillen lightweight pulley, Racingline y-pipe, Fast Intentions full catback, ignition advance just to name a few. Obviously, my gains will be felt more than someone who is running a stock 3.5. But as you mentioned, to each's own. I'm more than happy to recommend this product to anyone.

BTW,..Since you are skeptical on this product, then perhaps you'd be better off purchasing the Technosquare product and posting your conclusions on the product. I'm sure it would make for an interesting read and comparison..

Return to “Altima General Discussions”