new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Dexion

dangeris wrote:
Yeah well don't count on the documentation that comes with it. It's ok but not great. Since this device works on a lot of other vehicles, the instructions are more general than specific.

This will come with the Tuner, 512mb Micro SD card, OBDII adapter, HDMI cable, power cord and of course the manuals. If you look at the OBDII adapter, you'll see that there is a switch. I didn't notice it at first but if you plug the adapter in and connect the HDMI cable to the tuner, the tuner will come on. That's where the power cable comes into play. If you don't use it, the tuner will be on constantly and the only way to turn it off is to actually remove the cable from it or switch it off by the little switch on the adapter. But if you connect the power cable and connect that to a ACC wire, then it will come on and off with the car.

Don't worry Medhi, I'll be calling them tomorrow. As for the timing, I advanced it +2. I'll keep it there for a bit and see
Wait a sec, what about that other wire that you hook into your fuses? Does that do anything if the power comes from the ODBII port? I just realized mine fell out and I can still turn it on and off.

Also yes the Rev-limit feature does not work the car will not go past 6700RPM's on my 3.5SE 6-speed no matter what I set it to.

grv575

dldjros69 wrote:Instead of starting a new thread, ill just post here.

For those of you with the bd tuner - how did you install the hdmi cable?

I was in philly the other night, so i unplugged the tuner and threw it in my center counsel.

I havent put it back on the holder since then, but my hdmi cable is chillin on the floor. I took the fuse cover off and wound it up around the cover. It looks like @ss.
You can run it underneath the panel somewhat to keep it out of the way of the pedals.

But once you've used it enough, you are aware of how the car responds wrt the gauges. So you might only take the BD with you at a track day or something. Then you don't need it unless you want to reflash/track.

dangeris
Car: 08 Code Red 3.5
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

mcheddadi wrote:
IF EVERYONE THAT GETS AN UPDATE FROM A TECH AT BD COULD UPLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE TO http://WWW.MEDIAFIRE.COMit would be GREATLY appreciated!

Currently the latest one that I know of is 40410_NISSAN_v1104a (thanks unknow!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zttm2nmym2

to check your current firmware version check the settings part in the tuner:

(on that pic it's version 1103)
mcheddadi wrote:IT WORKED!!! just did premium tune with speed limiter to 180mph and rev to 7100RPM!!! I'm going to go test it out!!!
Mehdi...how exactly did you get it to work? That's the exact same setting that I have mine on but the rev limiter is still shifting waaaaay before the preset 7100 rpms.

So how do I get mine to do the same. Do I download the file to the sd card, pop it back into the gt tuner and go through the same process of loading the premium tune? If so how do I ensure that the tuner is uploading the new file JB11C and not the old file (JB10C) or is that tune made for only the 3.5 6MT and not for the 3.5 CVT...

mcheddadi
Car: R8

latest files is 1104dhttp://forums.altimas.org/zero...61086

put in on the sd card and then update the tuner in the menu that says update something lol. but it's only a compability update i think with more engine codes in it so unless you can't do the engine tunes there is no need to update to that.

but when I said it worked I was talking about recognizing my specific engine code. the rev unlimiter didn't work as I later found out.

the main feature missing now are rpm limit, Economy wizard (to change from imperial to metric units) and timing advances to +15 (now it stops at +4)

should happen in the next big update v.1.1.0.5

everyone call em about it to make it happen faster

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

mcheddadi wrote:latest files is 1104dhttp://forums.altimas.org/zero...61086

put in on the sd card and then update the tuner in the menu that says update something lol. but it's only a compability update i think with more engine codes in it so unless you can't do the engine tunes there is no need to update to that.

but when I said it worked I was talking about recognizing my specific engine code. the rev unlimiter didn't work as I later found out.

the main feature missing now are rpm limit, Economy wizard (to change from imperial to metric units) and timing advances to +15 (now it stops at +4)

When you say it didn't recognize your engine code, are saying it didn't have anything next to the part# under the Settings?

mcheddadi

no, I mean it had an error message when trying to use the download feature. error was new engine part number.

i've posted about it in this thread somewhere lol

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Well I've tried calling BD a couple of times today and I've went on hold for atl east 10 minutes or so with no one taking the call. try again tomorrow!

Ranga14
Car: Boosted 08 Altima Coupe 3.5

Call and ask for sales or press the button for it. That's one department that will always pick up, lol.

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

mcheddadi wrote:latest files is 1104dhttp://forums.altimas.org/zero...61086

So I downloaded the file and extracted it and there were 3 bin files. Are those the three files I just drag and drop into the SD card. Once I do that then what?

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Never mind...figured it out. I dropped the three files onto the SD card and popped it back into the tuner. Then I plugged the tuner to my laptop and scrolled down the menu to "Update GT Software" (you were close Mehdi). When I selected Yes the Tuner went black for 5 seconds and when I checked the Software version under "Settings" it was to 1104. It was 1103.

Thanks Mehdi for your help!

Ranga14

Question, what shipping method did they use to get the Tuner to you?

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

UPS Why...don't you have yours yet? It took mine about a week to get it..

Ranga14

dangeris wrote:UPS Why...don't you have yours yet? It took mine about a week to get it..
No, not yet. They said they shipped it off Monday night. I'm hoping it will get here tomorrow. I just know with USPS, they put it in my apt mail box drop off thing while UPS would deliver it to the office so I was just making sure which to check.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Big D - did you say you noticed a difference with the premium tune?

Any thing else you wanna share about the ride or anything in general?

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

dldjros69 wrote:Big D - did you say you noticed a difference with the premium tune?

Any thing else you wanna share about the ride or anything in general?
Well I think using the premium tune unleashed the power of the VQ as well as the advantages of using premium gas. Keep in mind that I've always used premium fuel and Mobil 1 on the coupe since the day I've bought it but after tuning it with the GT tuner on premium tune it's a whole new animal. It revs quicker and the butt dyno acceleration is phenomenal! The only thing I do wish is that the rev limiter works since I used the manual mode all the time and not being able to rev it to redline is just inhibiting more power that I can squeeze out of with every shift.

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

I love it... Im so happy with this upgrade. I wish i could get it dynoed

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

dangeris wrote:Well I think using the premium tune unleashed the power of the VQ as well as the advantages of using premium gas. Keep in mind that I've always used premium fuel and Mobil 1 on the coupe since the day I've bought it but after tuning it with the GT tuner on premium tune it's a whole new animal. It revs quicker and the butt dyno acceleration is phenomenal! The only thing I do wish is that the rev limiter works since I used the manual mode all the time and not being able to rev it to redline is just inhibiting more power that I can squeeze out of with every shift.
dldjros69 wrote:I love it... Im so happy with this upgrade. I wish i could get it dynoed
That's great!! I'm glad you both like it! Some people were (and I'm sure still are) skeptics, but this thing DOES make a difference

Ranga14

It finally arrived via GHETTO shipping method. Who is SDK Solutions anyway? lol... Got to me at 8:30 this morning while I was in my boxers brushing my teeth. I kinda freaked the delivery dude out. Maybe I should have given him a wink to freak him out more.

I'll put this on when I get home from work later.

Ranga14

Ok, I've got everything plugged in and the tuner comes on and is monitering things. I hit the button for "download/install" and it prompts me to choose the correct vehicle and say yes to the terms, it then says "Turn your vehicles key into the ON position" but how do you do that with push button? lol, I simply hit the button and the screen reflashes and restarts. It's a never ending loop at the moment. What do I do????

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Ranga,..I though the same thing. Basically in the off position if you push the button once, you're in the "accesory or acc" mode. If you hit the button again you'll be in the "run " mode. Here's the trick.. DONT PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE follow the prompts on the tuner without putting your foot on the brake.

Hope that helps you out

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

dangeris wrote:Here's the trick.. DONT PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE follow the prompts on the tuner without putting your foot on the brake.
Good advice dad!!!

(or dont put the clutch in)

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

Thanks Son!

marvin5087
Car: nissan altima coupe 08

i have to powerpup guys and have had it since it came out and yes it claims 7100 but can only get it to about 6950-7k rpm..i can tell more in 3rd and 4th gear at high speeds..i can get the 4th gear to about ...120 almost pretty much

Ranga14

Is it normal for it to sit at 0% downloading forever? Like after I said "accept save changes to the car"?

kenlin28
Car: 08 Altima 4 DR

Marvin...who did the work on your car?? I am looking to do a couple things but dont know where to go? A guy by me has an altima coupe and on the windshield has "eliteimportz". I think its in Laurel. Have you been there??

I think I may have seen your car on 95 on night near 50 but it was dark...very nice

Ranga14

Nm, I got it installed but GOOD GOD, I cannot keep this thing on my windshield. The suction cup has no suction at all. It stays on for maybe 5 minutes then falls off. Any tips on how to get it to stay on?

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Ranga14 wrote:The suction cup has no suction at all. It stays on for maybe 5 minutes then falls off. Any tips on how to get it to stay on?
Yeah

i assume you are not using the black clip thingy on the suction cup. You put the suction cup on and then pull it toward you.

Its super strong i dont think you could pull it off, unless u really put your back in to it...

dangeris
08 BMW 328xi Coupe
90 300ZX 2+0 NA

dldjros69 wrote:
Yeah

i assume you are not using the black clip thingy on the suction cup. You put the suction cup on and then pull it toward you.

Its super strong i dont think you could pull it off, unless u really put your back in to it...
Well I broke mine. I took it out of the package and was looking at the locking mechanism and i pushed the lever thing up with my thumb and I heard something break. Looking at it closely, it appears I broke these two little tabs? on the lever itself Damn me and my super human strength

Dexion

marvin5087 wrote:i have to powerpup guys and have had it since it came out and yes it claims 7100 but can only get it to about 6950-7k rpm..i can tell more in 3rd and 4th gear at high speeds..i can get the 4th gear to about ...120 almost pretty much
Are you looking at the tach or the powerpup readings? If you look at the Tach 7100 RPM will look like 7400RPM's

mcheddadi

dangeris wrote:
Well I broke mine. I took it out of the package and was looking at the locking mechanism and i pushed the lever thing up with my thumb and I heard something break. Looking at it closely, it appears I broke these two little tabs? on the lever itself Damn me and my super human strength
lol... I did the same thing....haha but lucky me those things are universal type china cellphone holders so I when to the dollars+ store and bought one for 5$and believe it or not, it was the SAME one lol

Return to “Altima General Discussions”