new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
razah9

And anyone change their idle? I did +1 on timing prob gonna make it +2.

Oh & thanks for the intake temp gonna drive later & see how mine's doing.

razah9

quick vid-A/F Ratio -Throttle -Intake Temp -RPMIn that order top to bottom I think 2nd was throttle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTueoFO0h_s

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

Dexion wrote:good info, did this tuner actually tweak the A/F ratios? Thats whats holding back alot of ponies on the 3.5 since after 5000RPM it runs very rich. 12.5 is what the Technosquare reflash ssets it to.
I drove around quite a bit this weekend, and the lowest I saw my A/F ratio go was 11.8, and that was for just a brief second right when I went WOT. Then it went up in the mid-low 12's for the remainder of the full throttle. This is with the premium tune and +1 timing.
Datalux wrote:Anyone with one of the performance tunes installed notice that the throttle is still restricted to 80% under full acceleration?

Does it give you to option to remove the WOT restriction during the download or is there an option on the menu after the download? Still waiting for my software revision to be able to use the tuning functions but I have read that the Altimas do NOT have a WOT restriction which I disagree with. When I set the gauge to read the throttle %, it never goes much over 80% regardless of conditions when Stock.
I can't tell for sure, but at least with the "Load" readout, the highest it ever went for me under WOT was 90%. I don't know if that translates into the engine only being at 90% of full potential (because of a restriction), or if it's totally unrelated.

grv575

So am I the only one getting "data log overflow" when running the performance test? Anyone get it to work?

nurseryboy

grv575 wrote:So am I the only one getting "data log overflow" when running the performance test? Anyone get it to work?
It's working fine for me. Can run the test and it shows the results, no errors. Using the memory card that came with it.

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

the memory card i received was a defect, so i had to get a new one, got a 2 gig, and Gary, the bullydog guy, transferred everything for me

still waiting for a response, he said he can't guarantee anything, so two weeks, but he said the technician is so good, he could be done by wednesday, so let's wait and see

razah9

grv575 wrote:So am I the only one getting "data log overflow" when running the performance test? Anyone get it to work?
I get the same thing...

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

I find I'm loosing my patience with this device and Bully Dog after 8 days. They sent a couple of updated files today that were suppose to allow me to finally download the tune. After copying the files to the SD card, plugging it back into the car and updating the device, I get a FILE CORRUPT error when I attempt to download the tuning to the car. Anyone else have this problem?? I tried recopying the files via a different PC with the same results. What's worse is the AFR is now reading 20 at idle (750 RPM) and bouncing between 16 and 25 at 2200 RPM cruising at 70 MPH. <sigh>

On a different note, does anyone have a problem getting their PC to recognize the Bully Dog device when they plug it into a USB port, mine is sporadic? I'm wondering if the device itself is defective.

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Datalux wrote:On a different note, does anyone have a problem getting their PC to recognize the Bully Dog device when they plug it into a USB port, mine is sporadic? I'm wondering if the device itself is defective.
I had to go to walmart and buy a scan disk reader, and an adapter.

These jokers better get their butt in gear

Dexion

razah9 wrote:quick vid-A/F Ratio -Throttle -Intake Temp -RPMIn that order top to bottom I think 2nd was throttle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTueoFO0h_s
Hey razah9 where in Rockland County you live? I'm in pomona (village part)You're car might be good competition for my Sedan! Can I stop by where u are and test drive the GT tuner? LOL! Stop by Dunkin dognuts for car club sometime on Rt.59 you will find me there.

Maybe you've seen my car already its a Silver 3.5SE Sedan(kinda loud with the Y-pipe)

Just looking at that youtube video it seems as if the A/F ratio looked stock. Was that the premium tune? The ratio dipped into the 10's which looks like stock tune.
Modified by Dexion at 9:31 PM 8/3/2009

grv575

razah9 wrote:I get the same thing...
Oh, OK. Call bullydog then. I just did today and they said it was the first they heard of it. The tech is working on it, but I'm sure if he had more instances of the problem, he'd know more to narrow it down (e.g. whether it only happens on 3.5L Nissans or ...).
Datalux wrote:On a different note, does anyone have a problem getting their PC to recognize the Bully Dog device when they plug it into a USB port, mine is sporadic? I'm wondering if the device itself is defective.
No, I had trouble getting my card reader to see the chip at first until I made sure it was fully seated - just make sure to push it all the way in the reader.

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

Thanks for the work guys seems as though Looks likr the KittyDog GT is ending up being a 300 bill A/F monitor, glad I held off

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

Dexion wrote:Stop by Dunkin dognuts
Hahaha, Dunkin Dognuts

nurseryboy

LinkNuc wrote:Thanks for the work guys seems as though Looks likr the KittyDog GT is ending up being a 300 bill A/F monitor, glad I held off
While some people (the majority it seems) are having issues with theirs, I must note that I have not had a single issue with mine. It installed fine, applied the tune fine, and I don't get any errors with any of the functions. If it worked like this for everyone who has bought one, I'd recommend it. But the fact that there are so many issues with it still for lots of people, I can't right now. In working condition (like mine is), it's a great product and it definitely made a difference with the Premium tune. They obviously have many more bugs to work out, though, before it's ready for prime-time. As much as I hate to say it, because we waited so long for it already, I think they released it too soon. But, if they stay on top of things and get the bugs fixed, I think down the road this will be an excellent mod and worth the money.

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

nurseryboy wrote:While some people (the majority it seems) are having issues with theirs, I must note that I have not had a single issue with mine. It installed fine, applied the tune fine, and I don't get any errors with any of the functions. If it worked like this for everyone who has bought one, I'd recommend it. But the fact that there are so many issues with it still for lots of people, I can't right now. In working condition (like mine is), it's a great product and it definitely made a difference with the Premium tune. They obviously have many more bugs to work out, though, before it's ready for prime-time. As much as I hate to say it, because we waited so long for it already, I think they released it too soon. But, if they stay on top of things and get the bugs fixed, I think down the road this will be an excellent mod and worth the money.
I have to agree 100% here. Basically if you have a 3.5 you shouldn't have a problem at all, but 2.5er's sorry SoL.

The only true problem I've had so far is trying to get my computer to recognize the tuner when plugged in usb. It turns the unit on, but in demo mode. I was even going to try to hook it up hdmi but the cord is already hidden in my car and the one to my PS3 might be to much of a pain as well to get out but I will try.

After I get off work and rewash my car(F$%#ing bugs and birds), I'm going to do the dynolicious test on it again. I'm going to do the performance test on the tuner and on the dynolicious at the same time and see how accurate the results are.

antmo0730
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

I have a 2.5 as well and I have not had any problems with installing the premium tune. I adjusted the timing +2, raised the max speed to 160. I still want to play with it more, I just dont have the time.

XXplosive990
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 CVT

gearhead05 wrote:
Hahaha, Dunkin Dognuts
lmfao!!!!!

crayzitalian3

antmo0730 wrote:I have a 2.5 as well and I have not had any problems with installing the premium tune. I adjusted the timing +2, raised the max speed to 160. I still want to play with it more, I just dont have the time.
does it feel a lot faster at all?

grv575

They emailed me an update today which fixes this in case anyone else is getting this error.

antmo0730
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

crayzitalian3 wrote:
does it feel a lot faster at all?
I feel a difference in higher rpm's but not really anything during an initial takeoff. I'll be doing some tweekings later. All I did was plug it in and hit "install tune" after i went through the screens a bit. Are you doing everything in the "Run/ON position"? Did you select the correct engine size? I set everything according to my vehicle before I installed it. I dont know what to tell you guys who are having issues. It seemed too easy for it not work, so dont take my questions as insulting anybodys intelligence.

crayzitalian3

yeah i did everything step by step when i was on the phone with bullydog, they said they will contact me soon with an update of a tune that should work for my engine number.

hopefully soon i will get it

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

Just got off the phone with BD, i will be calling them every 2 or 3 days until i get this update. Nothing new.

I think Doc scared the hell out of them so they released it with out it being complete.

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

I have a quick question for anyone that has the tuner. Once you apply a tune, can you revert back to the stock one?

I ask because I've had my car just under a year and still take it to the dealer for scheduled maintenance. I wouldn't want them to refuse service because I've messed with the tune/ecu. Thanks in advance.

mastersapo
Car: 2008 2.5 S Altima Coupe 6MT

Just letting all 2.5ers know, I succeeded in doing a premium octane fuel map installation (JB15C Engine Code). Also, you dont have to install the fuse power cord. The little switch on the OBDII converter allows you to switch it to OBD power. I'm completely stock right now so I may not see the same kind of gains people with intake/exhaust might. It felt like the increase an intake typically provides. Not a lot, but noticeable. Did +1 and +2 timing. Not much difference there. My A/F hangs out around 14.2 and peaks at about 18.5. Just a a little fyi, its about 95 here in tampa with something like 70-80% humidity.

Cool little device. Lots of custom options for setting up the colors and what not. The buttons are the touch sensitive conductive buttons that were popular on cell phones before touch screen came out.

razah9

grv575 wrote:
They emailed me an update today which fixes this in case anyone else is getting this error.
I need the fix hook it up

nurseryboy

mastersapo wrote:Also, you dont have to install the fuse power cord. The little switch on the OBDII converter allows you to switch it to OBD power.
Does the unit shut off for you automatically when you turn off the car with that switch "on"? I tried using it, and while it powered the unit just fine while the car was on, when I turned off the car the unit would stay on.

crayzitalian3

you have to flip the switch done, don't know how the power still generates through, but it does, so flipping the switch downs results in cutting the power to the bullydog tuner

i need to get mine installed still, why haven't they called!!! lol

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

crayzitalian3 wrote:you have to flip the switch done, don't know how the power still generates through, but it does, so flipping the switch downs results in cutting the power to the bullydog tuner

i need to get mine installed still, why haven't they called!!! lol
Home slice, they aint gonna call you, i bet the 2 weeks is legit. We will both be waiting, my part number is jb15b.

crayzitalian3

well the guy i talked with said he would call me sometime later this week. i was supposed to get in touch with him today, but i totally forgot!

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

You talking about gary?

Ive talked to 9 different people so far.

I called first thing at 10am this morning. No updates.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”