new item for tuning BullyDog

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

LinkNuc wrote:Its BullyShiat, that's what it is
Could we at least wait until someone can Dyno this thing before we start bashing BullyDog? (Regarding power gains, bash all you want regarding the issues with the 2.5's.) We don't have proof that it does make more power, but we also don't have proof that it doesn't. Right now all you have is the people who do have it saying they *feel* a difference. I'm one of those people, and I'm sticking to my original review in that I do think it helped. Sure, it may just be all in my head, but who's to say it isn't either? We really need someone with a 6mt to get it dyno'd and clear all of this up. Until then, there's no real way of telling whether or not it makes a difference, and I'd hate for a potentially good product to get a bad reputation without any proof to back it up.

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

I personally hope it pans out, I'll buy one. I am just so sick of people saying this and that to justify money spent. I was one of those butt-dyno kool-aid drinking people...I am now reformed.

BTW

WE ARE!!!!!

nurseryboy
Car: 09 370z 6MT Touring + Sport

LinkNuc wrote:I personally hope it pans out, I'll buy one. I am just so sick of people saying this and that to justify money spent. I was one of those butt-dyno kool-aid drinking people...I am now reformed.

BTW

WE ARE!!!!!
I hear ya. While I think it has improved my car, I'm definitely not going to go around recommending that people spend their own money on it. I'm not trying to justify me spending the money on it either. I've spent more money over the years than I can count on stuff that I thought would make my life better / easier / more fun, and sometimes they just don't work out. I've learned from those mistakes, as it sounds like you have too, and will gladly admit if I think something that I spent my own money on was a waste. I just don't feel like that's the case with the Bullydog for me. All I have to go by right now is how it feels to me, though, and I do feel like it made a difference. I wish I could prove it, but we'll have to wait for a 6mt guy to see whether or not it's for real since a butt-dyno isn't very scientific.

And do I have to? ..... Ok ......... PENN STATE!! :P

mcheddadi
Car: R8

I'm waiting for mine to arrive, it's in transit now. I got 6mt. dyno is expensive so I might just trust my butt dyno on this

adidas2go
Car: Cycle through all kinds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats 🤙
Once upon a time: 1st turbo Altima Coupe

Call BullyDog and and convince them of all the bulls*** they are putting this community through. The only way they can instill some truth of their product is to pay for a few pulls on a dyno. You have the car and the product, they can fork over some cash to keep the product alive. If you want me to help let me know.

crayzitalian3
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S

all i know is tomorrow after i drop my car off to get my header installed, i will be contacting Bullydog and try to pull some strings to get mine going

Datalux
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL w/ CVT, Tech, Etc.

adidas2go wrote:Call BullyDog and and convince them of all the bulls*** they are putting this community through. The only way they can instill some truth of their product is to pay for a few pulls on a dyno. You have the car and the product, they can fork over some cash to keep the product alive. If you want me to help let me know.
Funny - last time I spoke to them about my vaporware update and said something about the public opinion on the forums the guy's response was "Oh yeah, the quilting bee....."

1125Altima3.5

Datalux wrote:
Funny - last time I spoke to them about my vaporware update and said something about the public opinion on the forums the guy's response was "Oh yeah, the quilting bee....."
I would get my money back right now if I had bought one of these things. Do you really want to buy from a company that is dumb/arrogant enough to hire employees who openly say things like that?

LinkNuc
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE Super Black 6MT, Loaded minus Moon Roof Deflector

Thanks guys, especially Adidas, my opinion exactly. But mind you it is still opinion, I could be wrong. Why didn't they dyno it? Hel, we all know you can inflate those pulls, look at K&N, they've been doing it for decades on intake systems where most of us see actual gains of 1 or 2 hp if we're lucky.

And while Mehdi is indeed a photoshop god and an all around good guy, I would never take advice on performance improvements from ya, sorry my friend, it seems that you are still on the kool-aid.

Dyno's are expensive? 50 bucks usually, and didn't you just drop 300+ on a an possible flaming pile of snake oil? Holy Hypocrite, Batman.

EMail has been sent to Bullydog to justify their numbers and adrress some of the posters' issues.

Basically until BullyCat stands behind their product with dynos. it is BullyShiat.

Oh and sorry NurseryBoy I am a life PSU alum member, its an automatic response.

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

OK, let's get a few things straight.....
Sentientbydesign wrote:3 bills20% success rateQuestionable testsDebatable performance...

Sounds awesome! Where do I buy one?
you sir, are the same person that gets folks to spen over $100 dollars on a few wires that you claim gave you, what, 10 extra HP on the dyno... YEEEAAHHHH RRRIIGGHHTT... I backed your product because it improved my fuel economy, but I saw none of the other benefits you claim in your product... that is the truth
Throckmorton wrote:LinkNuc:

"THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT NUMBERS! All i hear is "feel" and "butt dyno" and "pulls harder". I don;t want dynolicious for storm or iphone either. I call BS until I see an actual dyno with a M/T"

Sentienbydesign:

"3 bills20% success rateQuestionable testsDebatable performance... Sounds awesome! Where do I buy one?"

By careful here. Some of these Placebo Effecters will be upset with you because of your negative vibes. Some might even call you bad names.

It is not proper to question the highly scientific methods that disciples of The Church of The Magic Bullet use to publicize the results of their latest purchase. After all, that church is open 24/7. All you have to do to become a member is hold your wallet in one hand, and your credit card in the other, and repeat three times, "I have found the magic bullet! I Believe!"

If they or their butt dyno say that their car is faster, makes more horsepower, has more torque, gets better gas mileage, and looks better parked, who are we----mere mortals, the great unwashed, the unworthy, to question their claims?

Their claims would be undeniable if they had as the official butt dyno, none other than Kim Kardashian. That would undisputable proof right there, as she does have quite a 'dyno'. However, that is very expensive dyno time.

One last warning, don't upset the true believers, ok?

These guys are going to be upset enough when they find out the truth about the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus. Let them fantasize about their cars.

I for one believe every one of their claims.
you, my friend, are a pure pessimist.. and its OK. the world needs pessimists to balance the optimists... I think folks have been pretty honest with assesments of this unit... no one here makes a profit if other folks buy the unit... we are not sponsored... people have offered their opinions ONLY because everyone asked for opinions..

if we sit back and say nothing, then folks want opinions...

if we give opinions, then pessimists like yourself say well, they are just opinions, you don't have facts...

well, most people on this forum have CVT's, and you all know dam* well that CVT's can't be dynoed... yet you insist on wanting dyno's to prove that the unit works.

Blake doesn't have a consistent verifiable dyno to prove that he's got an extra 100+ horses going to his wheels, but if you race him, I doubt you, or linknuc, or Sentient will be crying about dynos ... you'll be crying from the dust in your eyes when he smokes your a$$

many other performance parts, from pulleys, to catbacks, to intakes have not been verified by dyno due to the CVT, but based on the same part produced on previous vehicles, folks can feel justified and expect the same or similar gains on our cars.

they made this product for the 3rd gen Altimas, and I don't see any threads on any forums stating that this product didn't work ... yet you and sentient, and linknuc still want some magical CVT dyno to prove these claims...

seriously, I understand you want proof, and when someone with a manual gets one, I'm sure they will be happy to provide one if they feel so moved... but remember, they don't have to just because you want them to.. WHO THE PHUCK ARE YOU that anyone has to prove anything to? you're nobody... no one cares if you get this product or not...

so, continue being a pessimist, that's cool.. but don't try to clown people on this forum that have tried something ... and offered their honest opinions on a product... all that magical bullet $hit... its not funny, its not cute, its pretty lame...

so no,

*no one yet has any dyno proof that they are getting more power in the 4th gen Altimas

*no one here is required to give you proof to justify why they purchased the product

*100% of the 3.5's have successfully installed these units, not 20%... unfortunately, the 2.5's are having issues

*I understand that $300 may be a lot of money for you to spend on testing a product, but for some folks it isn't... I think if folks were unhappy with their product, they would let everyone know... no one is afraid of looking bad just because they spent money on a product that didn't work...but the fact of the matter is, everyone that has their product enjoys it, they like the monitoring features, they like the removal of the speed limiter (and rev limiter for the one manual that got theirs working) and they like their "perceived" increase in performance...

I've had my car for over two years, I know what it performs like at every RPM, in manual or CVT mode... and I think I can perceive whether I feel it pulling harder in certain RPM ranges with or without the tune in place...

whether or not you or anyone else believes me doesn't matter to me

Modified by rjdmmfl1 at 11:03 AM 8/10/2009

crayzitalian3

Amen

mcheddadi

Let the madness begin

going to try it out later tonight on my 6MT! yeah!

JDRosenberg07
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5 6MT

Finally...lol we will have proof soon enough.

Any updates on the 2.5s?

dldjros69
Car: 2012 Evo Gsr
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

AMEN

doc you are the phucking man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. i agree with everything.

As i said to brian (LBC) in many emails - Nico is a family and these guys arent offering S**t. Nothing positive is coming from them.

(Proof on the Chevy)

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

adidas2go wrote:Call BullyDog and and convince them of all the bulls*** they are putting this community through. The only way they can instill some truth of their product is to pay for a few pulls on a dyno. You have the car and the product, they can fork over some cash to keep the product alive. If you want me to help let me know.
Great idea!
rjdmmfl1 wrote:OK, let's get a few things straight.....

you sir, are the same person that gets folks to spen over $100 dollars on a few wires that you claim gave you, what, 10 extra HP on the dyno... YEEEAAHHHH RRRIIGGHHTT... I backed your product because it improved my fuel economy, but I saw none of the other benefits you claim in your product... that is the truth
LIES!!! I NEVER quoted 10 hp gains. Hell, I don't think I've EVER quote gains from the wires. In the begining I thought there'd be significant power increases, but the driveability has FAR outweighed any potential power increases.

Also, who has spent $100 on a kit from me? Even the Canadians haven't spent that much on an Altima kit (including shipping).

So, Robert, with all do respect, be a man and stop letting your desire to mod get the best of you.

As for the dyno pulls. I'd drop the 3 bills right now...actually 4 to test and dyno the product on my G if it weren't for the fact that it won't work/isn't compatible with my G.

As such. I'll paypal $25 to any 4th gen 3.5 member who's bought a kit from me AND has the BD running perfectly. IF you take the money to a track and report back with HONEST time slips (before and after).

The reason I want it to be one of my customers is for the sake of familiarity (plus I have your paypal info already). The $25 should easily pay for 1/4 track time.

The time slips need to be HONEST and you'll have to completely return the car to stock tune, do a run or two, then install the BD tunes and do another run or two.

Any takers?
Doc wrote:you, my friend, are a pure pessimist.. and its OK. the world needs pessimists to balance the optimists... I think folks have been pretty honest with assesments of this unit... no one here makes a profit if other folks buy the unit... we are not sponsored... people have offered their opinions ONLY because everyone asked for opinions..

if we sit back and say nothing, then folks want opinions...

if we give opinions, then pessimists like yourself say well, they are just opinions, you don't have facts...

well, most people on this forum have CVT's, and you all know dam* well that CVT's can't be dynoed... yet you insist on wanting dyno's to prove that the unit works.

Blake doesn't have a consistent verifiable dyno to prove that he's got an extra 100+ horses going to his wheels, but if you race him, I doubt you, or linknuc, or Sentient will be crying about dynos ... you'll be crying from the dust in your eyes when he smokes your a$$

many other performance parts, from pulleys, to catbacks, to intakes have not been verified by dyno due to the CVT, but based on the same part produced on previous vehicles, folks can feel justified and expect the same or similar gains on our cars.

they made this product for the 3rd gen Altimas, and I don't see any threads on any forums stating that this product didn't work ... yet you and sentient, and linknuc still want some magical CVT dyno to prove these claims...

seriously, I understand you want proof, and when someone with a manual gets one, I'm sure they will be happy to provide one if they feel so moved... but remember, they don't have to just because you want them to.. WHO THE PHUCK ARE YOU that anyone has to prove anything to? you're nobody... no one cares if you get this product or not...

so, continue being a pessimist, that's cool.. but don't try to clown people on this forum that have tried something ... and offered their honest opinions on a product... all that magical bullet $hit... its not funny, its not cute, its pretty lame...

so no,

*no one yet has any dyno proof that they are getting more power in the 4th gen Altimas

*no one here is required to give you proof to justify why they purchased the product

*100% of the 3.5's have successfully installed these units, not 20%... unfortunately, the 2.5's are having issues

*I understand that $300 may be a lot of money for you to spend on testing a product, but for some folks it isn't... I think if folks were unhappy with their product, they would let everyone know... no one is afraid of looking bad just because they spent money on a product that didn't work...but the fact of the matter is, everyone that has their product enjoys it, they like the monitoring features, they like the removal of the speed limiter (and rev limiter for the one manual that got theirs working) and they like their "perceived" increase in performance...

I've had my car for over two years, I know what it performs like at every RPM, in manual or CVT mode... and I think I can perceive whether I feel it pulling harder in certain RPM ranges with or without the tune in place...

whether or not you or anyone else believes me doesn't matter to me

Modified by rjdmmfl1 at 11:03 AM 8/10/2009
The issue here isn't a pessimist demanding dyno results from other members. The issue is that you and a few others are essentially recommending an item (with significant forum reverence) and the company who sells them doesn't even have any dyno or other proof that their tunes work or are safe for your vehicles.

Having to buy USB cords, replacement SD cards, talking to tech support for hours, begging for a revised software download...etc is NOT professional and I am NOT trying to be a killjoy, pessimist...etc. I just hate it when "the family" jumps into something and gets burned.

SHIFT_confucius
Car: 08AltiCoupe 2.5 6M silver

Let's be honest about what may have contributed to the current rough product release. The beginning pages of this thread showed much interest in the product. Then the impatient one’s beat the drums loudly for the product to be released. Some folks offered a more moderate response such as 'I would rather wait for the product to be right than rush it'. But the hyper boil continued to demand a release SOON. Some even began threatening to cancel their orders unless release was eminent. So, surprise! The rushed released product has a few bumps.

To be fair; I have a 2.5 which installed and worked with no problem in 5 minutes. Maybe I'm just lucky. But maybe they weren't given the time they needed to get everything right...

Now to the’ demand of proof’. Validation. Hard numbers. I can't remember ever reading a skid pad result showing the actual improvement of a sway bar so many of us bought. Nor any drag coefficient measurements from all the different spoilers, lips, bumpers and skirts. Has anyone gotten slalom results to prove the performance of the coil over or eibachs prior to dumping some real money on those? How about performance testing any of the tires we all just carelessly slap onto those costly wheels? I don't get the whole "worthless without proof" attack here. And for a $300 gizmo?! Give me a break. Personally, I CAN feel the difference that my sway bar makes. I CAN feel the difference between my summer set and my winter OEMs. I CAN tell what I like and what I don't. The only proof that I need is my own satisfaction.

So quit insulting me. (And others.)

If you want to find out what something does or doesn't do try it. That's the greatest freedom we each have. No one can stop you from seeking and learning but yourself. Just don't whine, stop your feet, demand and insult. Explore. Then share it.

Oh, and we can all be wrong too. Every mistake is wisdom earned. I'm pretty wise these days - mostly from my own doing. And I’m ok with that.

JDRosenberg07

I feel like there should be a church choir shoutin 'Amen!' after conficius and doc's posts

Mehdi any updates?

Shift_Confucius you said you have a 2.5 right? What's your review on the tuner? I'm happy to finally hear a 2.5 has the BD working.

SHIFT_confucius

From a page back in this thread::
SHIFT_confucius wrote:Gotta say...My first impression is that this has turned out to be one of the bigger impact mods for me yet. As much as the springs & rear sway bar did for the handling. The response\pull in my mid-range gears feels much stronger and that's with my air cond running on an 80 degree afternoon. No numbers to prove anything, but I know how my 2.5\MT can struggle if I stomp on it when I'm in 2nd or 3rd and at the lower end of the revs. No supercar change, but a nice improvement.

I'm moderately tuned for now; standard fuel, +1 advanced, bumped redline & top end.

Also, worked without drama. I set the car profile up ahead of time, hooked it to the OBDI and started selecting the specific vehicle. Download ran a while, and when the engine fan kicked on (even though my engine was off, parked in the garage, and hadn't been running for 12 hours), it freaked me out a bit. It finished doing it thing and was ready. I did have to wait to set the 'special features' settings until the engine was at operating temp.

Only using the HDMI cable for now. Will install once I figure out where I want to park it.
Amen My Brother.

JDRosenberg07

what settings did you select? Rev, speed, WOT limiter? And does anyone know if BD plans on releasing an update that allows a speedo calibration since it cant now and the PDF released a few months ago said of would?

SHIFT_confucius

I've set the BD parameters:engine @2.5weight 3000 lbsfuel octane regular (the middle setting)top speed 170rev limit 6500timing advance +1idle +25 rpm

No WOT settings > which I would like to see. So far watching the monitor while stomping has not gotten over 85% throttle. Again, I have not been able to test beyond stoplight\stoplight so far... I have driven 450 miles since the change with no issue at all.

I have my 18k scheduled maint this week and will drop back to stock, then "play around" next week.

crayzitalian3

i couldn't get my WOT over 83%. i would kill for you 2 extra lol.

i am going to get in touch with them tomorrow for my car. hopefully they have something ready for me !!

mastersapo
Car: 2008 2.5 S Altima Coupe 6MT

82% throttle here :/ Did do 135 so far on the interstate after closing time at the bar i was at. Would love to get that extra 18% throttle... People in Tampa, I know a shop that does 3 dyno pulls for 30 bucks if you have 6mt... And for the record i have tried stock, regular, and premium tunes. There are differences in fuel economy and in the tuners 1/4 mile test. But then again... i'm only a 2.5er

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

mastersapo wrote:82% throttle here :/ Did do 135 so far on the interstate after closing time at the bar i was at. Would love to get that extra 18% throttle...
I hope you were drunk. The only time i went over 120 was when i was drunk, lol and it was raining. That was about 5 years ago.

82% here - id love to be able to change it, i thought i could change it?

And i dont know where to change the rev limiter either.

JDRosenberg07

Crazyitalian call :bs on BD about the WOT limiter and speedo calibration next time you talk to them. And find out if they are working on those in an update. That PDF they released said both of those settings were available for the A/C

rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

JDRosenberg07 wrote:Crazyitalian call :bs on BD about the WOT limiter and speedo calibration next time you talk to them. And find out if they are working on those in an update. That PDF they released said both of those settings were available for the A/C
I may have read this wrong, but I thought the paper stated that the WOT was NOT available on our cars ... I thought our engine already allows WOT at all RPM's, but I could be way off on that so please don't quote me...

also, I don't remember if the speedo calibrator was supposed to be offered on our cars, and I too was bummed about that as that's the last thing I really wanted to change...

BrianAdams03
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE CVT

rjdmmfl1 wrote:
I may have read this wrong, but I thought the paper stated that the WOT was NOT available on our cars ... I thought our engine already allows WOT at all RPM's, but I could be way off on that so please don't quote me...

also, I don't remember if the speedo calibrator was supposed to be offered on our cars, and I too was bummed about that as that's the last thing I really wanted to change...
The WOT restriction is limited to TRUCKS guys, not our cars. You can see it on their site and the testimonies about opening it up on trucks and how nice it is. And I think you are right about our engine ability to be WOT whenever we want.

I think you can adjust the speed difference on the unit itself....but unfortunately not on the dash
crayzitalian3 wrote:i couldn't get my WOT over 83%. i would kill for you 2 extra lol.

i am going to get in touch with them tomorrow for my car. hopefully they have something ready for me !!
I noticed today while sitting at a redlight, it sits at 13% w/ A/C off and 14% w/ A/C on. So wouldn't you think it would be 98% throttle if you set it to 0% since you aren't actually using the throttle? And I know you are using w/e amount of gas to keep things running but you aren't using or putting a load on the car above idle if you aren't hitting the pedal. Know what I mean?

I tried some more Dynolicious runs the other day and couldn't get anything worth posting. Had 315, 220, 202, 285, and 244.....they were all over the board because I couldn't use the straight road I used last time cause they are doing construction on it, and the one I did use, had to many bumps in it to be accurate. Sorry.

mcheddadi

hey guys, I'm getting error code 453 when trying to download the performance tunes in the car. anybody can chime in on this?

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

mcheddadi wrote:hey guys, I'm getting error code 453 when trying to download the performance tunes in the car. anybody can chime in on this?
thats so beat

call up tech support

mcheddadi

i'm calling them right now lol... ehhhhhhhhhhh

dldjros69
A/C 2.5 Turbo 6MT (SOLD)

ive been trying to connect with them on chat with a tech all day and its not connecting. i wanna harass them about the update

Return to “Altima General Discussions”