new guy, brake and navi question

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
jmd6972
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe 5AT

Hey everyone, I've been enjoying this site for a long time and now that i've purchased my 06 g35 coupe, I'm ready to play. First question, any angles on getting the dealer to help me out with new brake pads seeing that I bought the car with 19k, fronts and back shoes are shot...or do i just suck it up and replace the shoes. That brings me to question 2: Are the OEM pads brembo? I'm having a hard time deciding what pads to use for replacement. 3rd question, is there any way to disable the safety feature on the navi so it can be used when the car is moving? Again, great, great site and i look forward to being a part of it.thanks,jd

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Welcome to NICO. Your problem sounds a little like the one Gwoods had. Something about glazing of the discs. His fix (he did the work himself) is available in the sticky at the top, or you can click this link

zerothread/317400

There have been several other threads on brakes here, and you can easily find them by using the search feature. (I hate it when someone tells me to search, but there are too many to link what you need.)

Jeff, if you catch this, maybe you can offer a little advice.

Welcome to the forum jdm.

Here is a link to other links you may be intereseted in.

zerothread/323283

goneracin
Car: 2004 G35X Sedan 1990 Mustang conv.

Welcome JD! Post some pics and congratulations on your new ride!

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

First off, Welcome to NICO!

Next, lets not confuse the terms, brake shoes are for drum brakes, brake pads are for disk brakes; The G35 has 4 disk brakes. Also, the 2006 G35 did NOT have a Brembo option...just OEM pads/rotors. (They are larger than the OEM pads/rotors in the 03-04 G's that had the Brembo option).

Ok, so to answer your question on having the dealer replace the pads, it never hurts to ask. Some dealers will hook you up (especially if you purchased the car from them). Just know that brakes are a wear item, and they might say that they need to be replaced due to the driver, not the car.

The NAV question...I'm not sure, but other members might know of a way.

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

The navigation safety feature can be disable by wiring a switch to the speed sensor wire. When the car is faster than about 3MPH it is disable. However, if in motion and trying to program you position will not be triagulated until you flip the switch back. It will take a few seconds to find your location again.

jmd6972
Car: 2006 G35 Coupe 5AT

thanks for all your help guys. i'll be sure to get a few pics up soon. I think i'll try to replace the pads myself and take my chances with just cleaning the rotors for now. thanks again,jd

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”