Need to know how to unlock my steering wheel.

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
VeloceDrift
Car: 1993 s13 coupe, 1995 KA24DET

so i have searched and found that i may be the only dumb *** to lose his only set of keys. I know how to take apart my steering column and i know about the 2 little screws that i can take out in order to pull that piece out to start my car via el flathead but what i cant figure out is how to get my steering column to unlock. any suggestions??

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Why dont you have a new key made?

If your ignition is factory, just pull the lock cylinder out of your glove box and bring it to a locksmith, he can re cut a key from that, Ive had it done before.

vancouverbc
Car: 1991 240sx

zerothread?id=85879

get a locksmith to make second key. the lock is part of the assembly so if you take lock cylinder out the steering lock is gone. thieves easily break the wheel lock by jerking the wheel hard. its not safe because it could lock anytime.

VeloceDrift
Car: 1993 s13 coupe, 1995 KA24DET

vancouverbc wrote:zerothread?id=85879

get a locksmith to make second key. the lock is part of the assembly so if you take lock cylinder out the steering lock is gone. thieves easily break the wheel lock by jerking the wheel hard. its not safe because it could lock anytime.
ahhh not good. i never though about taking my glove box lock out... thats what ill do.. thanks you to all.

and then maybe ill go fork our $2 and have a duplicate made like any other normal human.

Kalypso

VeloceDrift wrote:so i have searched and found that i may be the only dumb *** to lose his only set of keys. I know how to take apart my steering column and i know about the 2 little screws that i can take out in order to pull that piece out to start my car via el flathead but what i cant figure out is how to get my steering column to unlock. any suggestions??
I have the same problem. My wheel is locked also, i got a key made to unlock it but it wont turn.

the lock smith told me to jerk the wheel back and forth but it wont budge and i dont want to break it.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”