Need rear quarter window parts

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
mistermarknl
Car: travel, reading, bicycling, motorcycling

Hi Nico friends,

My passenger side rear quarter window gave up on me. Seems I need the parts that attach the actual window to the regulator. I need the rubber parts that help move the window up and down through the guide. I also need the pin that connects to the isolator stop that also slides along the same guide.

Nissan dealer apparently is unable to order these parts new

Anyway, to make a long story short, anybody know where I can find these parts? (parted out vert or .....).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Mistermarknl

el bon bon
Car: 93-249sx conv

I know what you are going through. Nissan was out of stock about a year ago. It is a very poor design. I was lucky, found both plates with the plastic guides in perfect condition on a car in a junk yard, must have been replaced before the car was smashed. I also have had major problems with the quarter windows and found that the 4 relays behind the back seat was the problem. got tired of replacing them so I replaced all 4 with a different manufactured relay, had to design an adapter but haven't had any more problems for over three years.

Hope you find the plates.

Papi, orlando FL

mistermarknl

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I will just have to keep my eyes open..

There was a guy on here a few weeks back (KaTdaToplesS13) who said he was parting out his vert after it was totalled, but I think maybe that opportunity is now gone. Too bad, he said his windows were in good shape. Anyway bud, if you hear of anything, if you could let me know that would be great.

Cheers,

Mistermarknl

mistermarknl

Me again bon bon,

I wanted to ask you something about your reply. You said: "I found both plates..." . Do you mean by that I should stop looking for the individual plastics parts because they are structurally part of the plate? Please advise if you can as this is important information.

Thanks in advance.

M

m240
Car: 93 240sx coupe

I need the plastic clips that attach the window as well. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a convertible in the junkyards though... kinda too lazy to look.

waterdog
Car: 1993 240SX SE LE

While we're on the subject of rear windows......Where can I find the weather-stripping that goes between the front and rear windows.

Mine's all worn out.......

Thanks

slownslurious

mine aren't working, my pass. is stuck up and my driver's is stuck down. Does anyone have a diagram of them? the driver's side one I tried to take out to remove it but there is no way that it is coming loose. It looks like the glas isn't attached properly to the frame.

mistermarknl

hi guys,

It's been a while since I wrote, but I was still struggling with my rear window not working, but thankfully I found a wonderful (and working) solution that I would like to share.

Solution: if you cannot find the original plastic clips anywhere (as was the case for me), have them made! Yep, made. I found a mechanic who was specialized in making / welding hard plastic parts. He could fortunately use the other working window as a model and within a couple of days he had perfect replica plastic parts made for the broken passenger side quarter window. This guy is in Amsterdam, so his details are irrelevant for you, but I am sure you can find someone local with the same skills if you ever run into this (unfortunately common) problem.

The window has been working great ever since - and that's good, the weather has been vert compatible for a couple of months

Cheers,

M

slownslurious

yeah I was thinking if I could just see what the parts look like I could probably make or have made something similar that would work.

nissanhexe
Car: Nissan 240 SX

Hi Everybody,

Reading your posts, I have the feeling that finding parts for the rear quarter window is a problem. zer...28605#Now, I am not a car person and would very, very much appreciate any help making my right rear window workable so that I can sell my car - or is there anyone out there who wants to buy a '93 240 SX with only one rear window working?

driftjunke

I'm up for buying a set or 2, I am sure we can get plenty of others needing the same part, or wanting s pare set. See what you can do for a bunch of sets.

E

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”