Need advice. Buying 2011 m37

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
carboxygrp

Hi members
Im playing to buy 2011 m37 w 50 miles. Any advice and suggestions. Issues w car, warranty (where to get extended), pros and cons.. What to loom out for. Thank you so much

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome aboard! Is the mileage a typo?

carboxygrp

50k not 50 lol

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:rotfl

Thought so! BTW, posted a reply to your second question in the other thread. And if you do pull the trigger and make the purchase, you have to post pictures!

carboxygrp

Thank you. For sure I will.

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

As always take the Vin number to the dealer. Have them do a service history check. And the Carfax. Pay the dealer the hundred dollars to go over the car.

I always personally ask the dealer to lift the car on a rack and I take a flashlight and look at all fittings, mounts and general condition.

When Under the car looking it's easy to tell if they've been in a wreck and repaired. Look at the screws that hold the bumper on place see if their un marked by wrenches. Or if there still factory fresh paint on all the bolts holding all the parts in place.

Of course I travled 2800 miles for a perfect 2011 m56s with 9600 miles

carboxygrp

great advice.. thank you..

Jeremy19
Car: 2011 M37s

I bought my 2011 M37s with almost 50k miles almost a year ago. So far everything is good, I just did the 60k mile service at the dealer and everything checked out good. I had an issue with the transmission selector knob but they replaced it under warranty. I love the car and cannot say anything bad about it.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

I bought my 2011 M37S last May and have had to issues what so ever, love this car, fun to drive and Luxury is On point. 60,000 mile maintenance is due pretty soon, no complaint's here.

kdreger
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37

We bought our 2012 M37 about 2.5 weeks ago and love it! FAST! Kinda bad MPG, only 23 MAX. Had the Infiniti dealer check it out in Austin, no charge. Had to get another Darn Key Fob ($270.00) ! Only came with one. Also the handbook was missing so I ordered one online from Infiniti (No charge, under warr. still) Looking at Extended also, CarChex seems to be in the range we want to pay, but our dealer doesn't know about them. The Infiniti dealer is high! We bought the car from A VW dealer in Georgetown the Extended there seems even better with better coverage and lower $$. When buying one look for what is NOT COVERED! Then compare prices. Getting the car initially setup took a couple of day's (Old Fart syndrome) but seems to be good now. Love all the bells etc....Car rides harder than our old I35 and is touchy with the steering, prob have to get use to that for now......PS: Read the manual! It saves a lot of time on the road trying to figure out things.....

Mjkkb2
Car: 2018 QX60 AWD, 2011 M37S, 2011 Quest, 2001 I30t(sold)

kdreger wrote:We bought our 2012 M37 about 2.5 weeks ago and love it! FAST! Kinda bad MPG, only 23 MAX. Had the Infiniti dealer check it out in Austin, no charge. Had to get another Darn Key Fob ($270.00) ! Only came with one. Also the handbook was missing so I ordered one online from Infiniti (No charge, under warr. still) Looking at Extended also, CarChex seems to be in the range we want to pay, but our dealer doesn't know about them. The Infiniti dealer is high! We bought the car from A VW dealer in Georgetown the Extended there seems even better with better coverage and lower $$. When buying one look for what is NOT COVERED! Then compare prices. Getting the car initially setup took a couple of day's (Old Fart syndrome) but seems to be good now. Love all the bells etc....Car rides harder than our old I35 and is touchy with the steering, prob have to get use to that for now......PS: Read the manual! It saves a lot of time on the road trying to figure out things.....
check out the comments regarding extended warranty in this thread.
I would not buy Carchex,
http://forums.nicoclub.com/extended-wa ... 81830.html

Mjkkb2

I got mine, 2011 M37S six or so months ago. Love it! Cannot wait for the morning drive each and every day. It really come's down to features you need in your car. Most, if not all will come with premium package. Then there's technology package and some other (which are being currently discussed in another thread). I am also a proponent of buying the extended Infiniti plan and would recommend it. Others will tell you it's a waist of $$. Again, your call.
I think if U ask here most owners of M37 will tell you to get it. We love our M but may be a bit bias.
Do your research also elswere and make an inform decision.
It is a great car in my opinin. but that's all it is, an opinion.

good luck

M37owner
Car: 2011 M37

kdreger wrote:We bought our 2012 M37 about 2.5 weeks ago and love it! FAST! Kinda bad MPG, only 23 MAX. Had the Infiniti dealer check it out in Austin, no charge. Had to get another Darn Key Fob ($270.00) ! Only came with one. Also the handbook was missing so I ordered one online from Infiniti (No charge, under warr. still) Looking at Extended also, CarChex seems to be in the range we want to pay, but our dealer doesn't know about them. The Infiniti dealer is high! We bought the car from A VW dealer in Georgetown the Extended there seems even better with better coverage and lower $$. When buying one look for what is NOT COVERED! Then compare prices. Getting the car initially setup took a couple of day's (Old Fart syndrome) but seems to be good now. Love all the bells etc....Car rides harder than our old I35 and is touchy with the steering, prob have to get use to that for now......PS: Read the manual! It saves a lot of time on the road trying to figure out things.....
I can get 25mpg if I try (most of my commute is on the expressway) using Eco mode and paying attention to mpg screen. But I really prefer sport mode.
I bough mine from CarMax in January and added the "MaxCare" extended warranty. It is about half the price of the CarChex and the Infiniti extended warranty (if that is an option. I think the car needs to be a CPO to use the Infiniti warranty).

Mjkkb2

Actually it's the opposite (kinda) - if it's a CPO then you can only get the infiniti extended plan from the dealer who CPOd the car. Otherwise anybody can get the plan from any authorized retailer. Of course there's some age/mileage requirements.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”