Nearly 4 in the morning and i'm posting build up pics: 8second Skyline

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well damn, dont u have the coolest project in the world, i think im envious, and please post dyno stuff, i cant wait, how much hp are u expecting from stage 1??

10secondr33
Car: 97' Supra, 90' 240sx, 05'Raven R6

Actually stage 1 was along time ago hehe. At first it was just an HKS metalflow intake, downpipe and Blitz boost and fuel controllers, making around 400. But I would say at this stage i'm in should net around 1000 to the wheels, street driven:D

Kurt-

nlzmo400r

HOLY mother in heaven, there is a GOD!!!!

10secondr33

palmerwmd wrote:Kurt:

You <have got to> post it in members rides, like it describes in here:http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....20330

Fred...:yesnod

What would you like me to post exactly? The build-up?

Kurt-

10secondr33

nlzmo400r wrote:HOLY mother in heaven, there is a GOD!!!!

There is indeed a God and he has blessed us with the venerable RB26DETT:ylsuper

Kurt-

lessthanjakejohn

10secondr33 wrote:What would you like me to post exactly? The build-up?

Kurt-

send in 4 or so pics of your car, with a write up. Include things like when you got it, where it had been, where its going, what parts you are using, and why you like it.

poweraddict

whats the word on this project, kurt?

10secondr33

So So So slow, it's kinda on the back burner for now. We were having a hard time finding crankshaft seals, but the motor is together and is next on the list of things to do. It's sad to say but I have other projects that take precedent, building customers Honda/Acuras (I can't believe I just said that). How's yours coming along? Have you gotten all the parts you need?

Kurt-

poweraddict

10secondr33 wrote:So So So slow, it's kinda on the back burner for now. We were having a hard time finding crankshaft seals, but the motor is together and is next on the list of things to do. It's sad to say but I have other projects that take precedent, building customers Honda/Acuras (I can't believe I just said that). How's yours coming along? Have you gotten all the parts you need?

Kurt-

I got everything I need but the complete gasket set. Which I am having a hard time getting. And Rod bolts, everything else I have.

I am pretty sure that Power Enterprise sells crank and rod bearings, called F1 black bearings I think. RBMotoring may have them in stock, I know they carry power enterprise things.

I wish I could see your car at bristol TN for the NDRA event coming up.

10secondr33

I might bring out the Supra with the "new setup". I'm just having some TECIII bugs worked out on the dyno. I actually have it on my list of places to go this year, but I can't be sure. I assume you'll be there? Is there a crew you roll with? I hate going places and not knowing anybody. I will order you the gasket set tomorrow, did you ask me about it before? If you did and I forgot, i'm really sorry. I will also put you on to my Japanese connection so you won't have to go through anyone.

Kurt-

poweraddict

10secondr33 wrote:I might bring out the Supra with the "new setup". I'm just having some TECIII bugs worked out on the dyno. I actually have it on my list of places to go this year, but I can't be sure. I assume you'll be there? Is there a crew you roll with? I hate going places and not knowing anybody. I will order you the gasket set tomorrow, did you ask me about it before? If you did and I forgot, i'm really sorry. I will also put you on to my Japanese connection so you won't have to go through anyone.

Kurt-

Yeah I will be there. I roll with a crew at Batlground Engineering, there is a lot of us going out there. We are running the Supra to compete with Titan and MSP.

Where would you order me a gasket set from, I need one within a week. I found a source in aus, but thats just a pain to get money to because they don't take credit card. The Nissan dealership said it would take 6 weeks.

Thanks for your help kurt.

Brent

nlzmo400r

well 1osecondr33, sucks thta the project's takin a lil time, but hey, its gonna be awesome once its done, i want a ride :)

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

damn man 1000HP to the wheels.. thats gonna be hard to control.... but good god thats gonna be an awsome car.. wanna spend some "pocket change" and send me and SR for my 240 :) :) :) haha j/k ... good luck man, gonna be an awsome car..

cosmo

10secondr33 wrote:POWERRB26dett: HKS 2.8 liter stroker kit which includes pistons, rods, crank.HKS 10,000 rpm head kit which includes their race springs, retainers, valves and some other stuff I can't remember.HKS 3240 ball bearing twin turbo kit.HKS fuel rail w/1600cc injectors.HKS F-CON PRO standalone EMSHKS Boost controllerHKS pulley kit

(insert sinister evil laugh here) :bowdown

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what in the hell do you do for a living to have this kind of money?

10secondr33

Cosmo, Sorry for the late response on your question. I have been laid up with a herniated disk in my back and haven't touched a computer a long time. I am a wholesaler for a HKS, Greddy and a slew of others. But projects are expensive and I could always use more (wink wink). I hate to admit that the list above is just the tip of the iceberg (note to self, get help).

Kurt-

cosmo

10secondr33 wrote:Cosmo, Sorry for the late response on your question. I have been laid up with a herniated disk in my back and haven't touched a computer a long time. I am a wholesaler for a HKS, Greddy and a slew of others. But projects are expensive and I could always use more (wink wink). I hate to admit that the list above is just the tip of the iceberg (note to self, get help).

Kurt-

Oh man, that really sucks. My dad went throught the same thing, and he never really recovered and has been forced to retire at age 46.

Anyways, that sounds like a kick *** job. But hey, we all need help on some things. I know if I had the parts and time like that, I'd go nuts on a car just like you did

Benn

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”