my slow low budget rebuild

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
s13-t
Car: s13 pig nose w/blacktop sr20det

Stock t25 will be dropped of by fed ex tomorrow. I also just bought some SS turbo lines from enjuku.

I will post the turbo mounted as will as the intake manifold cleaned and mounted.

After that I dont know if I want to include my chassis build in this thread. It seems like the silvia/240sx/... forum gets alot more hits on build threads. so let me know if you want to see my chassis build here, or there...

s13-t

So I thought it would be a good idea to clean my intake and replace the gaskets. man I was right... plus my TB was sticking pretty badly.

the big hose going upward goes to my brake booster right? And that plug laying on the table... where does that go?

ok... so the metal line, larger one, that hooks around the back of the block goes to the heater core, the smaller line that currently has a rubber tube on it is my water line to the turbo, and the metal line off to the right also goes to the heater. right?

For the longest time I couldnt find a good solution to the 1/8 bspt to 1/8 npt issue that comes with fitting an aftermarket water temp sensor to the sr. Then I found this adaptor made by stance. It has a 1/8 npt thread and is made of cnc aluminum.

goes here....

I wish they would include a spacer for this spot here.

I bought my turbo , a used t25, from a nico member. He packaged it very well and damn did I get a good deal. 175 for a turbo that appears to be in good working condition, flanges, an hks adjustable wastegate, and earls SS turbo lines.

I just bought some new turbo lines from enjuku so I don't need the earls he gave me. Anybody want them? They are the water in and out. I was comparing them to pictures in positron_'s thread and after double checking with the FSM I have concluded that his install walk through is incorrect. He put the right lines in the right place but labeled them incorrectly making it confusing. anyways... so these water lines are goin on ebay.

Modified by s13-t at 9:39 PM 3/10/2010
Modified by s13-t at 2:19 PM 3/12/2010

tercel drifter
Car: sr20det s13

I see that you have your crank sitting horizontally, please do yourself a favour and store it vertically.

s13-t

I will keep that in mind. thanks

Ok so aside from the exhaust manifold and turbo, all the other stuff is bolted on and ready. Right now I am waiting on enjuku, apparently their isis turbo lines are on backorder a few days.

also... How do you torque the flywheel bolt with the engine on a stand? thread in two flywheel bolts and wedge a screwdriver between them and the stand?

Idk... I might just wait till its in the car and put it in gear then torque it down.

Anyways I need clutch ideas. Remember this will be my DD and it will eventually see around 320 ftlbs. I dont want it to be harsh but It needs to handle launches every once in a while.right now its either...-ACT 6 puck sprung-ACT street/strip- Exedy stage 2let me know what ya think.

s13-t

so i got my turbo lines in the mail.bolted up my turbo and what not.

right now i am waiting on money, just paid tuition, for a clutch and some flexane to make my motor mounts.

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

Awesome man great work, Cams should also be stored vertically.

Keep your shaft vertical.

s13-t

OM3GA wrote:Keep your shaft vertical.
pun intended? lol

i also sold my fmic to a local here in kennewick. time for the pbm mid mount.

finished most of the wiring in my car, i just need to get an AEM UEGO and wire it up.

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

I believe its just a good rule of thumb to keep all shafts vertical lol.

s13-t

heres a small update.

Thanks to school and my 12mpg yukon I really have no money left. hopefully that will change soon.

right now what I need to get it runninga clutch- I will probly get an oem exedy for the time being.an AEM UEGOflexane 94- for my motormountsand fluids.

and I gotta renew the tabs.

s13-t

My clutch came today

exedy oem replacement.

I will upgrade it when I get a bigger turbo set up.

and the flexane comes tomorrow as well as 1 meter of all thread. So I will make a few sets of these mounts if anybody wants to try them out.

edit: I just realized I havnt posted pictures of the engine fully assembled. I will get on that.

s13-t

BIG UPDATE

So my plan for the car is to keep it my DD for a while. I want to be invisible though… Meaning I don’t want cops to pay me attention nor do I want ever douche in a Honda trying to race me. With that said I am keeping the OEM cat back, might install a qtp cut out, and I’m going to try and hide my intercooler. So im going with the pbm mid mount but I will fabricate some mounts that will allow me to keep my pop up headlights.

My chassis…
Pretty much crap. The chassis is twisted… seriously. It is visually twisted…. Could be due to the blown struts and blown bushings. But I wont know till I replace them. I plan on installing all new bushings, and purchasing some coilovers. I’m torn between PBM and STANCE. What do you think? I also plan on purchasing a 1.5 way diff from nismo or kaaz.

All my bushings look like this:

Here’s the car
I started cleaning to get it ready for paint. I also bought a Dremel so I could do some cutting. I removed two brackets as well as the battery tray.

I don’t yet know how to weld so I had a buddy do it for me. Horrible appearance but its strong. I do plan on purchasing a welder here shortly so I can fabricate my own parts and brackets.
It’s actually funny that I cut a hole in that new piece of sheet metal considering I am going mid mount…

I also finally got a dohc tach and installed it. Then I put my dash back together. No cracks HAHA

Right now I am saving for an s15 turbo upgrade.
So when I get these parts: S15 turbo, SS lines, Z32 MAF, Injectors, Enthalpy tune, and pon cams, I will do that upgrade. Hoping to get 320 ft/lbs of torque on 92 pump gas and 15 psi.

Put the motor back in, here are some pics
I also made my own motor mounts…

They wound up being a little too short so I added some spacers between the flexane and the engine.

I will be spending quite a bit of money on this car over the next few months and I plan on continueing to update this thread.

Cerevo
Car: 97 240 base

how did this end up going!?

s13-t

Sorry for bumping an old post.

the engine fired right up, timing chain was tapping the top guide so I removed it. Sound went away. Aside from that Everything seems to be working well.

I am however in a position where I need to sell the car.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”