Modifications/Aftermarket Parts

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jaded TC
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

EddNog wrote: I would've been a bit happier with Rogue's grille if it were truly a separate piece, rather than a molding of the bumper cover, which would make it easier to swap out when better looking aftermarket pieces come out.-Ed
Yes, a nice choice of easily changeable aftermarket grilles would be a beautiful thing. A careful cut out of the original grille with a cleverly styled outer edge on the new grille and it could possibly be done without any repainting. But I doubt that enough people would be able to do it themselves and/or be willing to pay what it would cost to have it done to justify making any aftermarket grilles short of just restyling it into a new bumper cover. Someone may do it though! What aftermarket parts or modifications would you like to see for the Rogue? I will be glad when the "in channel" window deflectors/visors are available. I think tint on the 2 front door windows is in my future too.

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

I'd do it if the aftermarket part was available!!

I'll be tinting my windows as well. Can't really think of too much to do with the Rogue except all weather floor mats and replacing the dealer license plate frames with new non-logo chrome frames.

I will be reupholstering my seats eventually.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Etch wrote:I'd do it if the aftermarket part was available!!

I'll be tinting my windows as well. Can't really think of too much to do with the Rogue except all weather floor mats and replacing the dealer license plate frames with new non-logo chrome frames.

I will be reupholstering my seats eventually.
Regarding the license plates, my dealer installed the front license plate on my Rogue and installed the dealer plate. I'm not too happy about that because currently in my state no front state tag is requiried. Normaly my cars have no plate at all on the front but now because the dealer drilled the holes for the front tag bracket in the bumper I'm committed to having a front tag of some type. Do you know of any good sites to find some front plates, maybe a Rogue tag.

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

Ticmxman wrote:
Regarding the license plates, my dealer installed the front license plate on my Rogue and installed the dealer plate. I'm not too happy about that because currently in my state no front state tag is requiried. Normaly my cars have no plate at all on the front but now because the dealer drilled the holes for the front tag bracket in the bumper I'm committed to having a front tag of some type. Do you know of any good sites to find some front plates, maybe a Rogue tag.
That sucks. You should ask for a new bumper. Texas requires front and rear tags so not a big deal to me.

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

I see someone is selling chrome/stainless pillar posts for Rogue - a bit too garish for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Etch wrote:
That sucks. You should ask for a new bumper. Texas requires front and rear tags so not a big deal to me.
I was pretty PO about it at first, I called the dealer and chewed on them some, told'em they should let the buyer install the front tag bracket if they wanted to but they said that they did it to all there new vehicles... so what the heck I'll just have to personalize the Rogue with a front tag of some type and that will be a first for me. The Rogue is so much fun to drive I didn't want to dwell on this one negative and I moved on.

mwhatiam

I see on eBay that there are sellers of the Body Side Mouldings to help prevent dings from other car doors in parking lots, etc. They claim that they're easy to install...has anyone tried? I wonder if they're really worth it. A ding in the door is one thing that absolutely positively bugs me!!!

Jaded TC

mwhatiam wrote:I see on eBay that there are sellers of the Body Side Mouldings to help prevent dings from other car doors in parking lots, etc. They claim that they're easy to install...has anyone tried? I wonder if they're really worth it. A ding in the door is one thing that absolutely positively bugs me!!!
Check out thiss link about the moldings-

zerothread/299162

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

The funny thing about those mouldings is they rarely ever actually prevent dings. Car doors are at all sorts of heights, so you'd need a moulding over your entire door. I suppose some like the way it looks however.

Jaded TC

Yep, you can't count on them to protect the entire door. I think they are the best type for looks but I will just keep parking away from everyone as much as possible.

duhtee
Car: Nissan Rogue

Just curious on the use of performance chips on the Rogue. Some available... Do they really work? Do they void the Nissan warranty?

Thirakul
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

i would like to see headers made for the rogue... if you were to take a look at the header... nissan has a cat installed right after the collector as close to the block as possible (to heat the cat up right away for it to start working properly asap after starting) if i am correct, our engines are the same as those in sentras... well nismo makes a cat-less header for that app... i am wondering if it would bolt-on with no problems (frame clearance, others, etc....) i have seen dyno graphs for our (well, sentras) engines with 13+ whp with the free'd up header... as far as pollution goes... that first cat is just to help it right away... we have another cat downstream. i thing overall it should help with gas milage as well as hp. what do you guys think?

philipa_240sx

Start browsing the Sentra forums for comments/impressions of a header upgrade. I actually had one of those headers for my '03 Alty but never installed it. Reason being: headers for the QR25DE adds considerably to exhaust noise and drone on the highway and they are not emissions legal. I drive long distances and this is last thing I wanted.

I drove for 240SX with a 4-1 header and perf exhaust for years and I got tired of the droning at highway speeds. I nixed the idea on the daily driven Alty and went for suspension upgrades instead.

mhudgens
Car: Rogue

My Nissan Dealer in Santa Rosa has the chrome stick on grills for about $50.00. I like the Black that came with my Rogue but I saw them as an accessory.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

mhudgens wrote:My Nissan Dealer in Santa Rosa has the chrome stick on grills for about $50.00. I like the Black that came with my Rogue but I saw them as an accessory.
are they the same that some are selling for 140-150$?

Elton Noway
Car: 2009 Rogue SL FWD Phantom White Black Cloth

exeunt wrote:The funny thing about those mouldings is they rarely ever actually prevent dings. Car doors are at all sorts of heights, so you'd need a moulding over your entire door. I suppose some like the way it looks however.
This is how I plan to protect myself from all the different door heights! After all... you can never be too careful.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Bet you're a Baptist and wear both suspenders and a belt. Never can be too sure.

Leo2005

cdmuile wrote:Bet you're a Baptist and wear both suspenders and a belt.
buahahahaha. At least not terrorlst that worrying that his important order would get damaged from touching a door.

Return to “Rogue Forum”