2007 BMW 328i

I'm there dude!

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Ok, here is the updated list as of 21May07.

Jesdasr20240sxBallzDeep1.9LEikonRepomangniknaveNSRA32NSR_S13boozted 3nchopp EZcheeseelwessoHxC_Nismo (not confirmed)nsrZ32 (not confirmed)azhitman (not confirmed)shrapnail (not confirmed)iowarb240sx (not confirmed)

gniknave
Car: 2000 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
2008 Honda Civic EX (Sedan)

Neal, did your Grandma pass (saw your sig)? Did I miss something? Is the BBQ still on?

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Yeah, Evan, she died last week.

The BBQ is still going to be held. It will be a tribute to her, as she always let me have my friends over to get stupid at her house. She never once faltered with it either. Always willing to let me do it when ever I was home.

krazy skwerel
Car: 1989 240sx Coupe down for the count, 2005 Honda Accord, 1974 Mustang II

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Neal. My prayers are with your family. As far as a BBQ I am down as long as I dont work. Might try and make it in the Coupe if my swap turns out well. Need to get James in on this!

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

krazy skwerel wrote:Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Neal. My prayers are with your family. As far as a BBQ I am down as long as I dont work. Might try and make it in the Coupe if my swap turns out well. Need to get James in on this!
Awesome dude. Yeah, I have been talking to James, but sounds like he is trying to weasle out of it. Might need someone in his area to ride with him.

krazy skwerel

Yeah might have to beat him with a stick. I wish I was still in TN. Then I could get him to go and it would be closer. LOL damned South Dakota.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Hey kids. I got this crazy idea runnin through my head, but before I commit to it, or tell you what it is, I want to get some opinions. But believe me, I think you guys will like it.

Is there anyway, for those of you that are coming, you could make it by 4pm or earlier on Friday the 10th? If so, I will be planning something fun for us to do that night with a little after party afterwards.

Let me know.

-Neal

DrifterXRPS13
Car: 1993 Acura Integra LS, 1998 Nissan 240SX SE 5sp. KA-T,2004 Honda CBR 600RR, 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600, 2013 Harley Davidson Iron 883, 2014 BMW S1000RR

hey, i'm down to attend, if that's okay with you? i know i don't know a lot of you on the board personally and i think this would be a good way to get to know some people...also i would be able to come down on the night of the 10th but it has to be uber fun, just messin.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother as well, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

-Faizan

krazy skwerel

man I dont know if I could make it that friday or not. I have to figure out if I am taking leave for this or not.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Alright, here's what I am planning.

There is a drag strip about 90 miles or so from where my parents live, and i am planning a trip up for Friday Fun Night, NICO style.

I think it would be a good time and a way to recuit some new members. So if you are in, let me know and I will update for the people coming with a star or something next to your name to indicate you will be there Friday.

sr20240sx
Car: 2000 Anniversary Q45T

Neal-

I'm down for the track. I'll even bring an extra 10lb bottle just for you when you rip the car down the track. We are shooting for a 10.99 that night... hopefully one of us will get it =)

JL-KA
Car: 1994 Nissan Hardbody 4X4

This sounds like a good time. I'm not sure how tight all of you are (wouldn't want to b that guy at the party that nobody knows). Also, I would love to hit up the dragstrip but I wouldn't want to embarass the whole group with my pathetic hardbody. LOL. I've never had it on the track but I think I can safely say that it would be a sad day for me and my hardbody :paceing

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

JL-KA wrote:This sounds like a good time. I'm not sure how tight all of you are (wouldn't want to b that guy at the party that nobody knows). Also, I would love to hit up the dragstrip but I wouldn't want to embarass the whole group with my pathetic hardbody. LOL. I've never had it on the track but I think I can safely say that it would be a sad day for me and my hardbody :paceing
You are more than welcome. It's not like I have met every member on this forum anyway. I have met a few, and they are all great people. So, yeah, you can come down if you want, just when the time draws near, let me know if you are going to need a hotel room, cause I am going to have to make arrangements for it.

-Neal

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

OK...here's the skinny on Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th.

I finally got an e-mail back from the drag strip about Friday Fun Night, and here's the correspondence, starting with mine first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom it may concearn, Greetings. My name is Neal Hartman and I am a member and moderator of a national Nissan/Infiniti web forum called NICO Club. We have over 65,000 members world wide as of now, and we grow every day. In August of this year, I am planning a meet and greet for some of our members in Galesburg, Illinois and I was thinking of bringing the group up to Cordova Dragway for the August 10th Friday Fun Night. I have a few questions to ask, though, before I commit to this. 1. How much does it cost now to race? I haven't been to Cordova in about 4 years, and last I can remember it was around $10-$15 for registration and tech inspection. 2. Would it be possible to have a section of the pits set aside for our group? If this were possible, it would be greatly appreciated. 3. Would you mind our fourms posting links to your dragway for some of the more local residents who may not know about Cordova? With NICO Club being a national web based forum, it could get your dragway a lot of good exposure. That is all I have for now. I am waiting on some of the group to comment and see how many are interested. I thank you very much for you time and I am awaiting your reply. Regards,Neal Hartmanhttp://www.nicoclub.comMember/Moderator C33LaurelRacer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Neal,

Here are answers to the questions you asked in your e-mail.

1.How much does it cost now to race? I haven't been to Cordova in about 4 years, and last I can remember it was around $10-$15 for registration and tech inspection.

IT IS $15 TO RACE AND $8 TO WATCH.

2. Would it be possible to have a section of the pits set aside for our group? If this were possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

WE CAN DO THAT - NOT A PROBLEM. IT HELPS IF SOMEONE GETS HERE EARLY TO HELP POLICE THE AREA, BUT WE CAN MARK IT OFF. WE WOULD LIKE A BASIC CAR COUNT.

3. Would you mind our fourms posting links to your dragway for some of the more local residents who may not know about Cordova? With NICO Club being a national web based forum, it could get your dragway a lot of good exposure.

YOU MAY POST A LINK. THAT WOULD BE FINE

SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN RESPONDING. HOPE THIS HELPS OUT.

Thanks;Laura GardnerCordova Dragway Park309-654-2110

So, as you can see, we can have a good night of grudge racing at an NHRA sanctioned track. Plus have a section cordoned off for us. I have a guy up in the QCA that can get there early and get us a section policed off for us...Tristan, that's you buddy...and we'll be good to go.

As for the times, if you can get into Galesburg by 4pm at the latest, we can be on the road by about 4:45 to head to the drag strip.

Saturday, will be the BBQ in the late morning/early afternoon. I will also have friends and family there as well, so it will be a pretty big event. I am asking for $5 donations to help offset the cost of food, as we are looking at well over 20 people to be in attendance from NICO and friends and family.

Saturday night will be a fun night of bowling at the local bowling alley, then off to some of the bars or we can head back to the hotel bar. Another option is, if we get more than 5 rooms reserved at the hotel, we get the optional use of one of the conference rooms for free...and we can have alcohol in there too.

Sunday morning, we can all meet up for breakfast. There are a couple of good family restaurants in town with very reasonable prices. The people that came the last time know one of them.

There is also a POSSIBLILTY of attending a Dyno Day up in Chicago. I have been talking to Eikon about this, so he will have more details. I, unfortunately, won't be able to make that trip.

I need to know by July 21st-25th of who can or can't make it, as I need to have a baseline of how many people/cars. If you can only make one day or the other, please let me know A.S.A.P.

Here is the current list as of June 18th of who said they were for sure going to make it. I will send e-mails to everyone just to be sure they see the updated thread.

cnicholsJesdasr20240sxBallzDeep1.9LEikonRepomangniknaveNSRA32NSR_S13boozted 3nchopp EZcheeseelwessokrazy skwerel (not confirmed)Mr1der (not confirmed)HxC_Nismo (not confirmed)nsrZ32 (not confirmed)azhitman (not confirmed)shrapnail (not confirmed)iowarb240sx (not confirmed)

Hope to see you all soon.

-Neal

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

C33LaurelRacer wrote:Hey kids. I got this crazy idea runnin through my head, but before I commit to it, or tell you what it is, I want to get some opinions. But believe me, I think you guys will like it.

Is there anyway, for those of you that are coming, you could make it by 4pm or earlier on Friday the 10th? If so, I will be planning something fun for us to do that night with a little after party afterwards.

Let me know.

-Neal
You can probably count me in. I'll plan a surprise audit on our Galesburg store for that day and I'll be in town Thursday night.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Shibby. You have been added to the Confirmed list.

What store are you talking about in Galesburg to audit...?

BallzDeep1.9L
Car: '02 WRX Wagon: SOLD
'93 240SX Coupe: SOLD
'11 Ram: SOLD
'11 F-150: rotted into oblivion
'17 Frontier: Basic AF

C33LaurelRacer wrote: I have a guy up in the QCA that can get there early and get us a section policed off for us...Tristan, that's you buddy...and we'll be good to go.
piss.... responsibility laid on me.... this has disaster written all over it. lol..no its cool.. as long as they KNOW WE ARE COMMING and they have a SPECIFIC person that i need to get in touch with when i get there who KNOWS whats going on.. i have been in this situation before where we informed people that we where comming, we get there and no one has a clue, then i have to start personally ****-kicking everyones ***

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

BallzDeep1.9L wrote:piss.... responsibility laid on me.... this has disaster written all over it. lol..no its cool.. as long as they KNOW WE ARE COMMING and they have a SPECIFIC person that i need to get in touch with when i get there who KNOWS whats going on.. i have been in this situation before where we informed people that we where comming, we get there and no one has a clue, then i have to start personally ****-kicking everyones ***
No worries, Tristan. I'll be sure to have a name for you to contact with for the nights events.

Thanks!

BallzDeep1.9L

hey neal just so you know i have another 2 people from here in town that will be there for sure.. Darren, and another friend of ours Dan he has a SR coupe, so go ahead and add them to the list and POSSIBLY another 3 people as well.. ill be sure to get with you as soon as possible, but definatly Dan and Darren will be there at cordova.. not sure about galesburg though.. but i am pretty sure that ill be able to talk Darren into it

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

OK, gang, I have just sent out a mass e-mail to all the people listed below. If you did not get an e-mail, please leave a message here, with your e-mail addy, and I will send it out to you.

Things are starting to take shape, and I am hoping you all will come and have a good time with us. Please be sure to bring cameras, video recorders etc. to capture all the fun we are going to have. (I hope!)

If you are not listed below, and would like to attend, please let me know soon so I can make arrangements.

Thanks, Neal

JL-KALaughingbullcnichols-----------------------------E-mail confirmation returned, Friday and SaturdayJesda------------------------------------E-mail confirmation returned, Friday and Saturdaysr20240sxBallzDeep1.9L----------------------E-mail confirmation returned, Friday and Saturday, extra people possibleEZcheese------------------------------E-mail confirmation returned, Friday and SaturdayEikon----------------------------------E-mail confirmation returned, Friday and Saturday, extra people possible.Repoman-----------------------------Confirmation returned, Friday and SaturdaygniknaveNSRA32----------------------------------AIM confirmation returned, Friday and SaturdayNSR_S13--------------------------------Thread reply conirmation, Friday and Saturdayboozted 3-------------------------------AIM confirmation returned, Friday and Saturday (Maybe)nchopp-----------------------------------E-mail confirmation returned, Friday and SaturdayEZcheese-------------------------------E-mail confirmation returned, Friday and Saturdayelwesso---------------------------------AIM confirmation returned, Friday and Saturdaykrazy skwerel (Not able to attend)Mr1der (not confirmed)HxC_Nismo (not confirmed)nsrZ32 (not confirmed)azhitman (Not able to attend)shrapnail (not confirmed)iowarb240sx (not confirmed)

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Dyno Day info.....

The Galesburg meet will be Friday evening (Aug 10) and Saturday (Aug 11).The Dyno day will be in Chicago on Sunday (Aug 12th).

Location: APG Performance. 359 East Potter RoadWooddale, IL. 60191630-350-8981

Cost: $45 for 3 runs w/ the option of an additional run for $10 more.

Time: Starting at 9:00AM. We will slot 3 people per hour.

Keep in mind this is for Dyno testing, not extensive tuning. You'll be given about 20 minutes to load up, get your runs in, and unload.

I will create a seperate thread for sign up for this event.

zerothread/261941

MaximA32

Neal, you can confirm Josh and I. We will be there and I'm stoked as hell brotha!

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

NSR A32 wrote:Neal, you can confirm Josh and I. We will be there and I'm stoked as hell brotha!
You're confirmed on the list with Josh now, Kenny. Looking forward to meet ya.

Tell Jerry to throw you a complimentary NSR t-shirt for me any my two boys...lol

MaximA32

We shall see if we can come up with something.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Ok gang, I still need returned e-mail from some of you. I have returns from several people via AIM or e-mail. I need returns by the 14th. I you need more time, I understand, but I can't guarantee a room will be available or you. If you do need more time, please e-mail me and let me know.

Thanks,Neal

MaximA32

Whats the word on hotels and such?

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

NSR A32 wrote:Whats the word on hotels and such?
Funny you should ask, Kenny, as I am talking with you on AIM now, and just told you...LOL.

Anyway, here's the breakdown.

I have 10 double occupancy, smoking rooms reserved. (If you don't smoke, no worries, but I don't know how many do or don't smoke.)

The rates are $61.01 per night, per room, or the total per person for both nights.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel that has pretty decent food, as well as a lunge/bar for the after BBQ shenanigans...lol

Also, for those who are interested.

I am planning on doing a photo session out at Lake Storey after breakfast and before people head out to go home or up to Chicago for the dyno day. Shouldn't take to long.

Just a couple more weeks, and I am getting excited.

Laters!

BallzDeep1.9L

i am convinced that this meet will be teh sex!!! and not just becuase i am bringing my woman along.... but because we will have more people then last time. maybe we can go to cherry street again and stick out like a sore thumb because us guys dont look like we stepped out of a cover shot of GQ....

ephatch02

Neal, I should be able to be there both days. We are racing in Indiana that week, but I pulled some strings and got out of it.

Return to “Midwest Region”