M35 Navigation Hack/DVD Hack

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jdiazdeleon29
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35

Whats up all....I have an 07 M35. I am looking to hack my Navigation/Dvd. I have been surching all over the place and cant seen to find anything. Is this even possible on this car or just a tall tail. I've seen other forums and they all seem to say the same thing which is "google it", and I have google, yahoo and bing and nothing. I just go in circle after circle. Can someone please let me know how to do this if there really is a way to even do this. Please help if you can. Thanks for your help.......

On another note.....Is it worth to add an intake and exhaust to my car? What are the benifits? What are the down side to this up-grade? Does it hurt the car? please let me know on this too.

Thanks so much for your help. Peace

FNAWSM
Car: Diamond Graphite '06 M45

yeah its absolutely possible, its been done by a ton of us on NICO and discussed probably 200 times on here. I searched "nav hack NICO" on google and there were plenty of results. Try this link, nav-hack-done-questions-and-goodness-t415360.html scroll down a bit and youll find directions on how to do it. I did mine about 3 months ago and it took about 2 hours, but i really took my time and was stealthy about it. I had very little experience with electrical work etc but I can follow directions and I have common sense so Im sure you'll be able to do it too.

Also try this link. Its a thread from when i was asking about the nav hack a while back along with some pics of where i put my switch and some tips from my install. I also include a link to where I bought my switch from. Make sure you buy the correct DPDT switch. Let me know if you have other questions after you read all of this and ill be glad to help.
navigation-hack-t480287.html

jdiazdeleon29

Thanks, I'll try this and see where it takes me. Thanks for your help.

fiveliterbeater
Car: 2006 EVO IX, 2000 Maxima SE,2005 Altima 3.5 SE

well since he covered the nav hack part, ill cover the performance part. doing an intake and exhaust is mildy worth it. you'll notice bigger gains by doing an Uprev tune along with a spacer and various other mods that are made for the popular VQ. namely headers and a pulley.
will it hurt it ? no.
the VQ is a pretty solid motor. kinda hard to hurt it.

jdiazdeleon29

Thanks as well. I am old school and new to all of these ingine mods that you can do now....Not that Im old or anything....lol, just dont know much about high perfomance. Whats an uprev tune and what does it do? Where can I get it and do I need to have an intake and exhaust to do it.

fiveliterbeater
Car: 2006 EVO IX, 2000 Maxima SE,2005 Altima 3.5 SE

jdiazdeleon29 wrote:Thanks as well. I am old school and new to all of these ingine mods that you can do now....Not that Im old or anything....lol, just dont know much about high perfomance. Whats an uprev tune and what does it do? Where can I get it and do I need to have an intake and exhaust to do it.

an intake and exhaust work in conjuction with each other to help improve your engine inhale and exhale. it's better to have both rather than just one and not the other. there are diffrent brands CAI's (cold air intake) out there for the VQ motor sitting inside M35. Injen is the one that comes to mind for your vehicle.
i went with a custom exhaust for my car. no need to get all fancy and spend all kinds of money on a name brand exhaust when one from your local muffler shop will net you almost nearly the same exact HP.
the problem with these cars is that a tune is required to help maximize the benefit of an intake and exhaust. otherwise like i said earlier, it will be mildly worth it to put it on. meaning you will notice only a slight diffrence in performance.
here is Uprev's website:

http://www.uprev.com/

look for the dealer and tuners section and look for a tuner near you. talk to them over the phone and they will point you in the right direction. where are you located?

jdiazdeleon29

Thank for all the info, I really appreciate it. I live in the Dallas TX area.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

jdiazdeleon29 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:54 am
PM me - I saved the instructions from the website when I did it for my '06 M45 and I'll email them to you. You'll want to make sure your wiring connections are good/soldered or else they might disconnect and you've got to take it all apart to figure out why it doesn't work (I learned the hard way).

Craig

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

pedsemdoc wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 pm
jdiazdeleon29 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:54 am
PM me - I saved the instructions from the website when I did it for my '06 M45 and I'll email them to you. You'll want to make sure your wiring connections are good/soldered or else they might disconnect and you've got to take it all apart to figure out why it doesn't work (I learned the hard way).

Craig
Craig, what format are they saved in? Do you have the images separate or is it just one file? May be interested in you sending them to me too so I can re-host and update the HowTo.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

It’s a pdf of the webpages.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

pedsemdoc wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 am
It’s a pdf of the webpages.
Hmm...maybe I can blow up on my 4k monitor and screenshot the screenshots and re-host lol.

MM...Good
Car: 2006 M35x - totaled :(
2007 M35X - Rein"car"nated!! Premium, Advanced Tech, Journey and Aero Package
2013 G37 Convertible - SOLD.
1993 Miata - Zoom Zoom
1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100

I thought about doing the nav hack on my 2006 but never got around to it before the car was totaled. When I got the 2007, I noticed a small switch inside the front lip of the cupholder but couldn't figure out what it was for. In looking through the owners manual, I found a piece of paper that was from the prior owner (he had traded the car to an Audi dealer and I bought the car from a small local dealer who got it at auction) that detailed what it was - a nav hack! Pretty slick - you just flip the switch and it overrides the safety features. The car has the premium package with rear screen monitor but you can watch a dvd movie on the front screen too. Not that I recommend that while driving!

heedman
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I followed the instructions here on my 2007 M35x when I purchased it in 2011. It worked great. Bought a toggle switch at RadioShack. I'm old...

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”