LT1 VS LS1

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Do you have a macro setup for that blurb on the truck motors? Or am I just imagining seeing it in every LSx related thread on here?

MrPresidentQ45
Car: 1999 Q45 1999 G20 1978 KZ1000 LTD

Not your imagination, I suppose, and no macro. I'm here on the forum to learn what I can about the Q45 (which I own) and the 420sx (which I'm looking to buy). I had no idea how popular this swap was in these circles and it's got me thinking. The truck motor blurb is actually based on a good deal of research into the best bang for the buck combo for a 2004 GTO I helped a friend build. And besides, 480rwhp is nothing to shake a stick at. Now all I need is an S13 coupe to plant one in....

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Not saying you're wrong as I've made the same suggestion in another thread...just joshing you because I saw it in three threads one after another. :D

Good luck on your search.

Mistaken
Car: 93 240sx Coupe

If anyone is planning on putting an LT1 into a s chasis i strongly suggest they get rid of the optispark... i believe delteq makes a plug and play kit that only uses the optispark for signal and individual coils. I had a lt1 camaro for a long time and i love the lt1, the motor sounds amazing and it ran good, but i hate the optispark with a passion. If you plan to go for big horsepower with the lt1 you will have to get the block machined to run splayed 4 bolt mains. There are a lot of aftermarket parts for the lt1, bret bauer makes really nice heads/cam packages for them. If anyone needs help with an lt1 just pm me or im me on guitarist102.

MrPresidentQ45
Car: 1999 Q45 1999 G20 1978 KZ1000 LTD

I think MSD also makes a multi-coil setup for the LT1, which solves the Optispark question outright, as well as an improved distributor, cap and rotor (read- they added a bolt to improve the water-tight characteristics of the unit). I had a '94 Z28 and while it was (so far) the most fun car I've ever owned to be stupid in, it was plagued with ignition issues. The neat part about the LT1 from my perspective is that while the tech is antiquated when compared to the LSx motors, a great number of Gen 1 smallblock tricks still work. Far cheaper to stroke out to, say, 383ci, add some heads with decent flow and a cam than a similar mod on the LS1. That being said, the 408ci kits for 6.0l motors have come down a bit in price of late. What's the old quote? Speed is just a question of money. How fast do you want to go?

Return to “Hybrids”