Location of Crank Timing Sensor in J30

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
noetic1
Car: 1994 J30

Can someone with a FSM please tell me where the Crank Timing Sensor is located on the J30.

Thanks!

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

Im searching for it ..But I have issues with PDF's !!!

Seems a bit retarded to me .. hard to find stuff me thinx ..

yodawill2000

I give up ...Somebody that doesnt despise PDF's maybe can help ..Its on page 19 of the em section ...I cant figure out out to cut the diagram out and post it ..Not a big fan of the PC crashing app known as adobe .. hehe Although it works great on a Mac ..

Go figure ..Srry ..

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

yodawill2000 wrote:I give up ...Somebody that doesnt despise PDF's maybe can help ..Its on page 19 of the em section ...I cant figure out out to cut the diagram out and post it ..Not a big fan of the PC crashing app known as adobe .. hehe Although it works great on a Mac ..

Go figure ..Srry ..
I got your back buddy!

yodawill2000

Need to learn how to pull a jpeg from acrobat ...The one I looked at showed the marks for lining up the Crank

Sorry about flaming PDF's ..They have given me headaches for years in my PC support life ..

noetic1
Car: 1994 J30

Hey Guys, thanks for the help.

How difficult is it to replace the Crank Timing sensor? Are there any tests I can perform to check the health of the sensor? Lastly, can someone please add the directions on how to replace the sensor.

Just to give everyone a background on why I'm looking into the Crank Timing Sensor, my wife's J30 used to stick in 1st gear when she's stuck in traffic. I changed the TPS and Rev sensor and this seems to have fixed the issue. However, I did a search for transmission problems and found this link-

zerothread?id=73535

I'm not getting any diagnostic code errors but thought I might as well change the sensor just to make sure all sensors related to the transmission are new since I never got code errors from the other sensors.

Modified by noetic1 at 10:31 AM 8/8/2005

yodawill2000

Just to clarify ..Wes posted the "Camshaft" sensor ..You need the "Crankshaft" sensor location right ??

Thats what I read in that link ..

1993TanJ30
Car: 1993 J30

Good catch!

Totally different part...

When you say it used to get stuck in 1st gear, in traffic - do you mean it would never shift out, or just shift really high? Was it shifting rough?

Wes will come through with the info for you soon!

aerotigger
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30

I’ve found the "camshaft position sensor", "crankshaft position sensor", "crank position sensor", and "crank angle sensor" used almost interchangeably for the J30. They’re all the sensor indicated by the picture. I’ve been having some problems with my J30 so I decided to check out the CPS. Huge mistake. . . I looked everywhere in the service manual for instructions how to reinstall it before I removed it. It didn’t seem possible that the clocking wasn’t critical. Turns out I was right. Q45tech confirmed after my car wouldn’t make it back up my street. Oh well, live and learn I guess. You may be able to mark the clocking before you remove it otherwise break out your timing light. I still don’t think you can really check that sensor without a consult. If I had to do it over, I would take to T3 like I started to do. Right now mine won't run at all. Haven't had time to get to the bottom of it. Hope this helps.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”