Land Speed Attempt

Get dirty in the forum for discussing Nissan's off-road racing endeavors.
SpecDRacing

Hey gang,

If anyone has any history regarding Nissan vehicles in a Land Speed Attempt, I would greatly appreciate it. I cannot find anything on the web refereing to an attempt or a speed.

I am not sure if I will go forth with this idea, but I am getting in touch with everyone I know in hopes to break the Import Land Speed Record using a production driveline. If I get the support I need, then possibly we can put Nissan in 1st place. The driveline I have worked out is good for 314 mph at 7500 rpm. Now, I doubt I could get anywhere near that, but the potential is there, given enough power. As for the powerplant, obviously the Titan will donate the VK56DE I need. Power adders will be in the form of custom cams and twin turbocharging.

This is way up in the air right now, so before I begin spending the rediculous amounts of money this will cost, I need to know as much about the other vehicles I am up against.

So, any information regarding Nissans and land speed attempts will be greatly appreciated. Lets not get too deep into the powertrain, as I have that worked out already. I am more interested in history. If anyone has experience with this, then some suspension help might be needed.

Thanks gang!

Rex
Car: None

Here's what I know of zerothread?id=54881

SpecDRacing

I see that was production class. I am still unsure of what class I will enter.

Just have to wait for the rule book, and see what I can do with what I have.

My goal is a 260 mph 240SX or 350Z. Then again, once I find enough history on what Im trying to do, I might change my whole look on things.

By the math, if I had a bigger set in my shorts, the VK56DE with power adders could put me in the 300 mph range with a good chassis, but I doubt that could happen in a stock body.

Anybody else have any history?

Return to “Nissan Off-Road Racing”