Key Copies/Remote Entry

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

Took KoukiS14's advice, went to a locksmith and got the cut + program for $45. Breakdown: Infiniti key off ebay - $35 Cut and Program - $45

Total - $80 - great deal compared to the $230 that the dealership wanted.

useasis
Car: 1996 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Hi, Did all that & everything worked (turns signals flashed, etc) but FOB still don't work (new batteries). Any ideas? Could I have bad fuses as my horn does not work or my cigarette lighter either?Big Al

SnowSurfLax
Car: 1999.5 QX4, 2006 M35 Sport

Fueler, which locksmith did you go to? I live in SD as well and need to get an extra key or two

SnowSurfLax

KoukiS14 wrote:
nohttp://www.phatg20.net/modules...d=218

Get it for free instead
I d/l'ed that, but couldn't figure out how to open it. Didn't find anything helpful on the sight either. How do you look at that?

SnowSurfLax

Nevermind, compressed file. I'm a tardy

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

SnowSurfLax wrote:Nevermind, compressed file. I'm a tardy
ain't no thang but a chicken wang

fueler

SnowSurfLax wrote:Fueler, which locksmith did you go to? I live in SD as well and need to get an extra key or two
Alcatraz locksmith in Chula Vista, (619) 690-0000 great service. They cut and programmed a key (that I bought off ebay) for $45 out the door. They can also sell you the key for around $40, but it is a generic brand and does not have a logo on it. I bought a real Infiniti one for around $35 shipped off ebay.

The guy was also telling me that they do the fob remotes, but I already have my extra. Where in San Diego are you? I'm in downtown. Welcome to the board!

SnowSurfLax

I'm up in normal heights. Thanks for the locksmith. My inlaws live in Chulajuanna and we go down there often.

Btw, where's the closest place to do some trail driving? Only offroadin i've gotten to do is down in the baja wine country. I'm itchin to get it out now that I have new tires, the 120K and timing belt, etc, all done.

fueler

Dude I will have to ask for your advice in that case. I have been wanting to explore baja wine country, my girl loves wine. Valley of Guadalupe?? I've gone down to San Felipe... good baja wheeling there. Anza borrego desert... 2 hrs away. VERY fun wheeling, nearly destroyed my QX4 there. Check out my thread: zerothread?id=234858 Supposedly good stuff north county, never done it "Otay truck trail" looks good on google maps, thats down by the border, due east of the 905 where it hits the border. Fiesta Island - I go there when it rains, look for a QX4 full of smoke. 15 N to cleghorn exit - some GREAT wheeling there. All the local San Diego stuff is illegal, I sometimes go in the canyons on Miramar marine base, university city, clairemont canyons. It is risky but fun. East county stuff is OK.

SnowSurfLax

There's not much in Valle de Guadelupe. 2 big wineries with some pretty good wine. Just remember you can only bring back 1 bottle per person. The border guys got pissed at us for having 4 (had more, but only found those), but let us go. Nothing too fancy, just a lot of dirt roads in sparsely populated areas. But, it's kind of sandy and that's some fun if you find a more open space.

Is there anything up around the Julian area? My wife and I likes to go up there every so often.

Is the Fiesta island stuff illegal? We're out that way every so often and I'd love to get in there after a good rain.

fueler

Julian - I havent found anything there... Fiesta - Cop once told me that you can drive onto the beach and then park, but you cant just drive around on the beach. If you ever go there in the rain, however, you will find a bunch of lifted trucks just romping around in the mud.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”