S13 KA24DET T28 to T3 adapter

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
flamemaster69
Car: 1990 240sx

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bad question, I’m pretty new here.

I’m putting in a turbo with a T3 intake in my KA24DE S13. Im struggling to find an existing intake kit for the KA that will fit the T3. I was considering a Greddy intake suction kit for the SR20, but it’s for a T28 inlet. Would I have a bottleneck problem by using an adapter with this intake kit?

EDIT: I would imagine there would be a bottleneck at some point if I pushed enough boost, but does anyone know how far I could push it without issues?

Thanks

flamemaster69

If anyone else was wondering, I think I have an answer. This is a fluid dynamics problem, and the flow rate doesn’t change because the velocity increases in the smaller section of the pipe and then decreases again on the turbo side.

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

Now what? Are you referring to the piping that connects the MAF to the turbocharger? Your concerns with plumbing the MAF are that you have as straight a run of piping before and after as you can achieve. I ran my MAF as a blowthrough setup in the straight run of cold pipe prior to the throttle body, before converting to speed density. There are no 'intake kits' for the KA with regard to turbochargers, save those that come as part of a full kit for a turbo conversion.

Is your ultimate concern here that the car isn't going to run correctly if you plumb your maf into piping with a reduction in diameter or are you concerned that you're limiting/reducing performance?

flamemaster69

NukeKS14 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:51 am
Now what? Are you referring to the piping that connects the MAF to the turbocharger? Your concerns with plumbing the MAF are that you have as straight a run of piping before and after as you can achieve. I ran my MAF as a blowthrough setup in the straight run of cold pipe prior to the throttle body, before converting to speed density. There are no 'intake kits' for the KA with regard to turbochargers, save those that come as part of a full kit for a turbo conversion.

Is your ultimate concern here that the car isn't going to run correctly if you plumb your maf into piping with a reduction in diameter or are you concerned that you're limiting/reducing performance?
I was worried the car may not run correctly if the turbo can’t get enough air

NukeKS14
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

T3 should just be a 2.5" silicone coupler mated to a straight pipe and your MAF if draw through, or plain cone filter if blow through. You dont need a custom kit. Go to amazon for the silicone coupler(s) and clamps. I recommend Amsoil cone filters over k&n or aem

NukeKS14
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

3", not 2.5" Distracted typing at work. I have one for sale off of my old t3/T4 setup. You're talking about something like this, right?

ka24de-t-items-manis-turbo-dp-wg-injectors-t626198.html

flamemaster69

Sorry for my late reply. Yeah that’s exactly what I’m talking about. The only difference is my turbo is bottom-mounted, but I would imagine the principle is exactly the same.

I don’t know how to PM but are you still selling those injectors and fuel rail as well?

NukeKS14
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

I am.

Bottom mount would work even better if you're doing draw through maf. You'd have a longer straight run for the maf to behind the headlamp.

I'll shoot a PM your way with my contact info.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”