ka24det new turbo opinions.

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
nissanguy94
Car: 1993 Ca18det swapped 240sx hatch.

Hi everyone new to this forum. Now I know this has been posted other places 50000000+ times so please bare with me hahah. I've read a bunch of stuff everywhere and I'm still struggling to under stand some stuff.
I'm new to the ka24de world and want to turbo my car. My goal is around 350 to 400 horsepower with reliability and I just want to know what you guys have used that works and what doesn't work.

I've heard stock internals will stand up until 500 horsepower and some say get new pistons ect.
Walbro 255?
What injectors will work.
What tune would be best
Apr head studs good?
Some people are saying I'll need new spark plug wires and spark plugs. And also what a good turbo kit for my power goal?

Thank you guys in advance maybe somone can dumb it down for me a little bit. Let me know people much appreciation.

GTR PrYdE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Evolution VIII

Check out the stickies at the top of the KA-T subforum:

Adding a Turbo to a Stock KA24 (Noobs Read)

KA-T "Components required for this amount of power" breakdown.

FAQ and KAT INFO - Read First

You need a better understanding of what you plan on doing. Turboing is a very intensive process and requires a bunch of homework...

To semi answer your questions though...
nissanguy94 wrote: I've heard stock internals will stand up until 500 horsepower and some say get new pistons ect.
Walbro 255? 500whp on gas, 400whp on E85
What injectors will work. Incredibly vague?? 650ccs or bigger in sidefeed or topfeed(with topfeed conversion)
What tune would be best mail in? Enthalpy is well known, if not someone local to you
Apr head studs good? yes
Some people are saying I'll need new spark plug wires Colder plugs will be needed, 7 or 8
And also what a good turbo kit for my power goal? ISIS kit would be an good start

nissanguy94

Thanks man appreciate it. I'm just trying to get opinions of people on what works best and what doesn't work for the power I'm looking for.

nissanguy94

That second link you posted really helped thanks man.

GTR PrYdE
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX, 2003 Evolution VIII

What's your budget? I'd expect a minimum of 3k to get a decent reliable setup

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Another thing to remember is 300whp in an S Chassis car turns it into a whole different animal. I didn't see a new clutch on your list, you'll definitely need one. I always recommend SPEC. I have the 6 puck, sprung hub model. Drives like stock, handles...well it's never slipped on me and I was running 20 psi through a big turbo for a little while. It should easily handle 400 ft lbs.

When it comes to the tune you need to pick a maximum goal. Then you figure out how much fuel injector you'll need to reach that goal. Then you find a tune that supports the injectors and MAF combo you'll want. It all has to be a matched set. Meaning don't buy fuel injectors because you can get a good deal on them until you HAVE a ecu tune for them. Visit/contact the various retailers like Enthalpy and Jim Wolf and tell them your goals. They'll be more than happy to sell you what you need.

I've since changed my mind on the KA a bit. Especially since they are not as common as they once were. Popping one these days involves paying more for new one and it's not been easy to find them. I had to buy a whole spare S14. I'd feel safe running 14 psi every day on stock internals. But If I were going for much more than that I'd rebuild the entire inside with forged goodies.

When you're serious we can help you get this done the right way. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we've all been noobs once. I've done really stupid things in the past...lol.

nissanguy94

Thanks guy much appreciated.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”