It's Tax season, what did you buy for your Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Drkrogue
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SLawd

Well tax season is here and I know that im looking forward to my return to do some me things for my 2009 Rogue SL. What has anyone done to their Rogue with their return?

minibus4
Car: 2008 AWD SL

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Looks like I'll be getting a new windshield. Just found an effing crack. :mad:

minibus4

ImStricken wrote:its not FOR my car, but it will be in my car every now and then LOL
Everybody knows that this what you'll secretly get :chuckle:
I'd love to see a Rogue gun rack lol

Drkrogue
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SLawd

I'm getting new tires, the darn tires that came with the Rogue when I bought it are done, the previous owner never seems to rotate them so two are worn down really bad and the two that have the most tread left are the ones leaking air, and I've bubble tested and searched for nails or screws. So yeah she's getting a fresh set.

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

ImStricken wrote:its not FOR my car, but it will be in my car every now and then LOL

Smith & Wesson M&P15 - 22
I want one

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

followingnfront wrote:

Smith & Wesson M&P15 - 22
I want one
wont happen. bloomy just made a law that everyone can only have 7 round mags. no one makes 7 rounders yet (on any gun, let alone AR's). ar-15's only come with 30 / 25 / 20 / 15 / 10

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

minibus4 wrote:
Everybody knows that this what you'll secretly get :chuckle:
I'd love to see a Rogue gun rack lol
let me fix that for you: lololol

Black B15

Got a bull bar, side bars and window vent visors all in black of course. Along with blacking out the grill, door handles, chrome door trim pieces and trunk trim piece....I think the Rogue is looking pretty good. Just need to get some rims and then I am done for the most part.

followingnfront

^ Post pics

Leo2005

Got hit by drunk driver right on my dry-way and still waiting for the check from insurance. But ordered Borla exhaust with rear Krom bumper and a few other parts already:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Leo2005 wrote:Borla exhaust with rear Krom bumper and a few other parts:
wtf???

Leo2005

ImStricken wrote:wtf???
Mashina stoyala pod uglom szadi mersa. P'yaniy mudak zapizdyachil v Roga i razvernul ego perpendikulyarno.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Leo2005 wrote:
ImStricken wrote:wtf???
Mashina stoyala pod uglom szadi mersa. P'yaniy mudak zapizdyachil v Roga i razvernul ego perpendikulyarno.
ahuyet.

Black B15

followingnfront wrote:^ Post pics
I went from THIS:

TO THIS:

followingnfront

Im not usually for the blackout look, but your car looks hot now! It works really well for you car a+!

Black B15

followingnfront wrote:Im not usually for the blackout look, but your car looks hot now! It works really well for you car a+!
Thanks! I appreciate that.

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Never been a fan of the front bar, but the side steps and the blackout look real good. We have those same sidesteps.

Keep it up!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

looks great!

followingnfront

I like the idea of the front bullbar... In NY especially something like this is appealing, however, the bullbar like BlackB15 has is only mounted from the bottom, and there are no additional mounting points higher up in the lower grill. So if a car bumps into it, the top of the bar gets pushed towards and eventually into the front bumper, basically nullifying the whole purpose of the bar in the first place... However, there is one type of bullbar I've seen for the Rogue that does have little brackets that mount in and behind the lower grill which would in theory prevent the bar from being pushed back into the bumper:

But that bullbar is not as attractive as BlackB15's IMO, and to me, it seems that it would block some of the fog lamps' side lighting.

I'm sure 2 more mounting points can be modded onto the bullbar that BlackB15 has, ehh... Something for me to think about I guess.

minibus4

followingnfront wrote:So if a car bumps into it, the top of the bar gets pushed towards and eventually into the front bumper, basically nullifying the whole purpose of the bar in the first place....
It is a cool idea but you have to consider how the car's frame would handle to bull bar(aka the "damage multiplier") also. The bar can act as leverage against the frame and cause substantially more damage then with out the bar. The Rogue's light frame is not designed to take the abuse that a truck's frame can with a bullbar/brush guard. Just something for thought.

Black B15

minibus4 wrote:
followingnfront wrote:So if a car bumps into it, the top of the bar gets pushed towards and eventually into the front bumper, basically nullifying the whole purpose of the bar in the first place....
It is a cool idea but you have to consider how the car's frame would handle to bull bar(aka the "damage multiplier") also. The bar can act as leverage against the frame and cause substantially more damage then with out the bar. The Rogue's light frame is not designed to take the abuse that a truck's frame can with a bullbar/brush guard. Just something for thought.
I understand your point. My thinking is this...if the frame is weak enough to easily bend with a minimal impact to the bull bar, then I would have to assume there would be extensive damage to the front end WITHOUT the bull bar. Sure, frame damage is sometimes worse....but from an insurance perspective a totaled car is a totaled car....we really didn't care if it was from a flood, or a front impact bending the frame, or a front impact destroying the front 1/4 of the vehicle and probably bending the frame in a different place anyway.

Point is, any impact that would cause considerable damage....would have caused considerable damage somewhere else had it NOT been for the bull bar. I know some people say it will cause more damage and some say it won't, I would like to see some hard evidence to support the claim EITHER way.

Black B15

rdub2k4 wrote:Never been a fan of the front bar, but the side steps and the blackout look real good. We have those same sidesteps.

Keep it up!
ImStricken wrote:looks great!
Thanks guys! Truthfully, the side bars and front bar are mostly cosmetic. But I do have a two year old who get's in and out using the side bars so there is some functionality. Plus she thinks the front bar is cool and she likes to gently slap it and say "wow", which really cracks me up.

Black B15

followingnfront wrote:I like the idea of the front bullbar... In NY especially something like this is appealing, however, the bullbar like BlackB15 has is only mounted from the bottom, and there are no additional mounting points higher up in the lower grill. So if a car bumps into it, the top of the bar gets pushed towards and eventually into the front bumper, basically nullifying the whole purpose of the bar in the first place... However, there is one type of bullbar I've seen for the Rogue that does have little brackets that mount in and behind the lower grill which would in theory prevent the bar from being pushed back into the bumper:

But that bullbar is not as attractive as BlackB15's IMO, and to me, it seems that it would block some of the fog lamps' side lighting.

I'm sure 2 more mounting points can be modded onto the bullbar that BlackB15 has, ehh... Something for me to think about I guess.
What you are saying makes total sense, and I was thinking of the same thing....how to brace it with a few pieces that run through the lower grill opening.

My question is, how do these cop cars have the "pushers" on them and not receive considerable damage when they mash someone. I know most are supposed to pit, but I have seen several use them for straight up ramming. Do they get crazy bent frames or are they using a different setup I wonder?

followingnfront

Well I know the crown vics are body on frame (like an suv), but the Ford Taurus', dodge intrepids (commonly had push bars), chargers (commonly had push bars), impalas, and even altimas (nyc) that pd uses all have unibodies like the rogue.

I must say though, that I've never heard the "frame damage" argument before this thread. While it does seem plausable to a degree, I would think the mounting points for the bull bar or the bull bar itself would give or kink before the frame gets damaged... I mean if the car is getting hit hard enough to cause frame damage, I'd think it would happen either way?

ras_oscar

I understand your point. My thinking is this...if the frame is weak enough to easily bend with a minimal impact to the bull bar, then I would have to assume there would be extensive damage to the front end WITHOUT the bull bar. Sure, frame damage is sometimes worse....but from an insurance perspective a totaled car is a totaled car....we really didn't care if it was from a flood, or a front impact bending the frame, or a front impact destroying the front 1/4 of the vehicle and probably bending the frame in a different place anyway.

My concern in the case of an accident would be an insurance company trying to weasel out of paying a loss by claiming the damage was caused by "after market accessories" The claim would be hard to prove either way and could greatly extend the time it takes to get the matter resolved. I think it looks great, by the way.
]

Black B15

Thanks! And I guess I don't worry about it as much considering I handled auto and property insurance for the last 10 years or so. I am fairly well versed, and unbelievably determined when it comes to my insurance. Quick example....when I owned my Sentra I was hit twice, on two separate occassions, BOTH with the other driver clearly at fault. Rather than wait and play the insurance game, I contacted the other persons insurance company on the spot and basically forced them to speak with their insurance carrier to admit fault.

In both cases, I had my car repaired, repainted and back to me within a business week from when the damage was done. TALK ABOUT FAST REPAIRS!

I don't play around with these insurance clowns. If they ever give anyone trouble just threaten to file a case with the state insurance commissioners office...that usually gets things taken care of.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Black B15 wrote:Thanks! And I guess I don't worry about it as much considering I handled auto and property insurance for the last 10 years or so. I am fairly well versed, and unbelievably determined when it comes to my insurance. Quick example....when I owned my Sentra I was hit twice, on two separate occassions, BOTH with the other driver clearly at fault. Rather than wait and play the insurance game, I contacted the other persons insurance company on the spot and basically forced them to speak with their insurance carrier to admit fault.

In both cases, I had my car repaired, repainted and back to me within a business week from when the damage was done. TALK ABOUT FAST REPAIRS!

I don't play around with these insurance clowns. If they ever give anyone trouble just threaten to file a case with the state insurance commissioners office...that usually gets things taken care of.
That's good info thanks! didn't even know about an insurance commissioners office. Wish I knew about it a few years ago. I was behind this b**** who kept jamming on the brakes and the third time I BARELY touched her car, there was no mark on it. anyway my insurance company Progressive treated me like I wasn't their customer, it was my fault and they didn't care, even though I had never been in an accident before. ahh still pisses me off!

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

I bought a couple of Eagle Eye LED's to install in my trunk, hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

JMed wrote:I bought a couple of Eagle Eye LED's to install in my trunk, hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow.

extra-trunk-hatch-lid-led-lighting-t560845.html

Return to “Rogue Forum”