iPod connectivity to Bose audio system

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
adamG35sedan
Car: 03 G35

long to short. Hi my name is adam. I am trading in my 1995 Volvo 850 for an 03 G35 in a couple of days. (basically waitin gon the paperwork to clear, and then its mine) but the new car does not have a cassette deck. I could just get a transmitter for my ipod, but since I live in SoCal, there is no such thing as an empty radio station. so do any of the tech savy members here know if it is possible to hook an ipod up via hardline in the glovebox and/or console. or am will I have to go it alone. I could just burn a few CD's and toss them in the changer, but it defeats the purpose of the ipod.

also, I just can't wait to ge tbehind the wheel of this thing. if everything goes well, I should pick it up saturday, while saying good bye to the volvo (not that that was a bad car, cause I love that one too) so any tips, or pointers will do. and I will come here if I have any questions in the future.-adam

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

There is a post somewhere here discussing this. One of the members installed a docking station on the dash. Try a search, I know its here somewhere.

adamG35sedan

thanks for the info. I didn't get my check from the bank today, but hopefully if it comes tomorrow, I will go get the car on sunday. dang it. I wanted to get the car tomorrow, so I could spend sunday enjoying it. oh well though. so anyway, I'll be burning a few CD's to listen to on the way back. gotta enjoy that Bose system.

rydwhite

Here is the link to the thread I mentioned ealier. zerothread?id=88593

This was also linked in an earlier forum. http://www.autotoys.com/x/cata....html

adamG35sedan

turns out I won't have to do any special mods for now. the dealer didn't specify that the stero had a cassette deck, and when I picked up the car on saturday I was excited to find out that in fact it did. the best part is the hidden power outlet in the console and the small gap on the lid so it doesn't pinch any wires. so I can just tuck everything away when not in use, so as to not deter from the beauty of the interior.

on a side note. MAN DOES THIS CAR ROCK!!!!!! I have driven lots of cars way more powerful, and some a bit more nimble, but this car just puts a grin on my face I can't shake. my wife and I both are still waiting for someone to call and say we have to take it back. its just too surreal. in fact because, like most dealers, they don't know as much about the cars as some customers, (he hardly new what it came with) I found the original sale sticker tucked away in the manual. and it had all the bells and whistles.

premium package with bose CD,AM/FM, Cassette, XM radio (not subscribing), 7 speakerssunroofpower front seatsreclining rear seatsrear de-foggerSport tuned suspensionSport Wheel optionsAero PackageLo Jackbasically everything but the Navagation system. of course you all know what these cars come with, but I had no idea the car I was getting had all the options. my wifes basic wants were a rear spoiler, and a sunroof, and we got the motherload.

I only have 11 months left on the warranty, being that the car PO bought it in Sep of 2002, which really doesn't bother me, I have faith in this machine. I am so impressed by how it performs. I was in some nice twists and turns in the mountains around Fallbrook, California, yesterday, and was trying to find the limits of the car, and I don't think I even heard a tire squeal. mid you I wans't trying any rally race tricks, but I'm confident that for the skills of myself, and even my wife this car can handle whatever we throw at it. I love how this car loves to have needle resting @ 80mph. 70 in this thing feels like a crawl. I've only got it up to 110 so far, but I wasn't wanting a speeding ticket, I just did to pass abot 5 people in a few seconds, and couldn't believe the launches from any speed this car does. it seems like every gear is designed to throw the car down the pavement with a persistent sense of urgency. I like the the slight lag at the onset its misleading. it seems that nothing happens from idle to about 1800 RPM its only a split second, but its enough to look at your passenger, and let out a grin, and then the car just jumps forward. and the sound? don't get me started on that. that has got to be the best sounding V-6 my ears have ever witnessed. I almost wanted to look for two extra cylinders. it totally belies the almost innocent look of the car. well, the spoiler makes it look agressive, but that sound is just intoxicaiting. overall. I can't say I've ever been happier with a car. Its just unreal how much of a sleeper this car is. sure it is gaining in popularity, but wow. its amazing you don't see 1 of these for every 3 cars. everyone should have one. this is not only my first infiniti, but the first japanese car I've ever owned and this won't be the last. one more time, WOW! this car rocks.

rydwhite

Glad to hear about another satisfied customer. The G never seems to dissapoint. I take it you got the sedan since the Purchase date is September 02. Congrats again on the new toy.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”