Independent Fog Light Mod?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Hey all.. years ago, i did a mod similar to this on my 2003 Maxima. I want to do it on my 18 Rogue, but I am not able to find any instructions on it. Has anyone attempted this?
I searched the forums to no avail. I found an Altima mod that may be similar to the Rogue, but I'm not very elec savvy, so looking for input before i attempt this.
thoughts?

https://www.my4dsc.com/altima-se-r-fog- ... pendently/

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

On a gen2 Rogue you'll basically have to rewire the whole fog circuit using DIY relays. That's because the only thing accessible in the IPDM is the fuse, the fog relay is internal and can't be accessed for jumping-out like your Max or that Altima. To do it properly and legally you'll need a stand-alone fuse and four relays, one to turn fog power on with the ignition, one to turn the fogs on with the Parks and/or Low Beams, one to kill them with the High Beams, and one for your disabling switch.

Big Red Rogue
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:41 am
On a gen2 Rogue you'll basically have to rewire the whole fog circuit using DIY relays. That's because the only thing accessible in the IPDM is the fuse, the fog relay is internal and can't be accessed for jumping-out like your Max or that Altima. To do it properly and legally you'll need a stand-alone fuse and four relays, one to turn fog power on with the ignition, one to turn the fogs on with the Parks and/or Low Beams, one to kill them with the High Beams, and one for your disabling switch.
Vstar - Is there an easy way to do it on a Gen 1?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

phmichel wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:10 pm
Vstar - Is there an easy way to do it on a Gen 1?
No, the fog relay is inside the IPDM on all the Rogues. DIYing it isn't really all that complicated, the relays will all be in series and signals can be tapped right at one of the headlamps. What makes the OP's desired arrangement complicated is wanting a master override switch, wanting operation with the parks and not just the low beams, and having the fogs powered outside of the headlight power-saver circuit. The OE fogs work only with Low Beams (not Parks), so having them available that way means wiring the whole thing outside the IPDM (and thus the power-saver). Now that I'm thinking about it, what I described could be done using only 3 relays, and very neatly using a gang panel for Bosch Box 40A 5-pin relays like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294256586832

FR Box.png
FR Box.png (62.42 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Relay 1:
30 - Power from an appropriate fuse
85 - Any switched ignition source
86 - Master on/off switch (other side of switch connected to ground)
87 - Relay 2 terminal 30
87a - Unused

Relay 2:
30 - Relay 1 terminal 87
85 - Either high beam
86 - Ground
87 - Unused
87a - Relay 3 terminal 30

Relay 3:
30 - Relay 2 terminal 87a
85 - Any Parking Lamp
86 - Ground