I think I have a remote start system, but can't get it to work remotely. 2007 M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
EdBwoy

2007 Infiniti M45.
I recently found out that my car has a remote start system...well, sort of. It doesn't really start the car remotely, and only seems to work with the key fob inside the car.
3 clicks of the lock button and the parking lights come on, and some relay under the dash will click. If the key fob is not in the car, it will show a KEY ID: NO warning
The video below will probably explain better.

Would anyone here happen to have a similar system and be able to tell me what I am not doing correctly in the startup sequence? Or is there a component that's missing?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

It's a small world. A member in the Q50/Q60 had a sort of related problem with his remote start. I'm not sure if he can help, but it's worth a shot.

2015 Q50 Starts on it's own?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I believe they had to sacrifice one of the OEM fobs inside the car for this functionality to work on the Y50s...do you know if there is a FOB that is always in the car?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Ilya wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:35 am
I believe they had to sacrifice one of the OEM fobs inside the car for this functionality to work on the Y50s...do you know if there is a FOB that is always in the car?
Ditto for systems installed in the Rogues. A FOB has to be left in the vehicle. After awhile these systems start going wonky and the owners either disable them or remove it completely.

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

Can you take a better picture of the "black box"? Can't see it in your video.
I think you have a fortin evo-all or evo-one

EdBwoy

Thanks for the pointers guys. I dropped the car off for the airbag recall, but will look at it closely once I pick it back up.

So what I gather is that the module is asking the car to start, but the car can't see the key so it doesn't actually start. Correct?

If so, its plausible that whatever sacrificial key was in there has a dead battery by now...although, I thought all they needed was a transponder in a box.

I'll update once I get the car back and get a chance to inspect it.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

If it's a Fortin box, then you may just need to re-program it using their programmer and software to get the keyID back. If it's one of the 'OEM' starters that requires a sacrificial fob, then you may be correct. This is why I went Fortin...at first I didn't want to have a second fob on my keychain but I also didn't want to sacrifice a fob.

DaSerb
Car: '07 M45s
'16 CX9

Interesting problem you have....

Since I had my remote start installed by a private shop, I can start the car with the infiniti fob by pressing ""lock"" three times.

It works without extra fob.

Something to think about.

EdBwoy

Just an update that's not much of an update. I got the car back, but it's been parked since I got busy.

I started a new job in a different location & will be moving soon. The car will be left alone until I get a good opportunity to check the under-dash area to trace the wiring, take pictures & try some of the pointers I received.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”