2015 Q50 Starts on it's own?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
varnco
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35

I just purchased a 2015 Q50, and it does NOT have they keyfob for remote start.

In no particular pattern, when unlocking and opening the passenger door (via the door handle), the car will start itself up. The dash says something along the lines of "unauthorized key" or something along those lines.

I can't exactly replicate it, just know it's occurred about 5 x so far over the past 4 days.

Thoughts?

varnco

It occurred again. pushed the button on the door handle 3x in succession and the car started right up on it's own, even before I was in the car.

I assume I am the only person having this problem and it's not a "feature"?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

You're original post wasn't clear as to whether the remote start is OEM or after-market. Given what you've described, I suspect it's the latter. In order to function with the keyless system, some after-market remote start units require a keyfob be left in the car to work. If this is the case, your car is starting on it's own due to the presence of a keyfob inside your car, and there may be a problem with the units wiring.

If it's the factory installed OEM remote start, I'd say a trip to your local dealership is in order.

varnco

It is not an OEM remote start... the fob does not have a button to push on it for it to start. I am unaware that it has an aftermarket start, but will google around.

varnco

Rogue One wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:43 pm
You're original post wasn't clear as to whether the remote start is OEM or after-market. Given what you've described, I suspect it's the latter. In order to function with the keyless system, some after-market remote start units require a keyfob be left in the car to work. If this is the case, your car is starting on it's own due to the presence of a keyfob inside your car, and there may be a problem with the units wiring.

If it's the factory installed OEM remote start, I'd say a trip to your local dealership is in order.
It appears it has an after-market remote starter. Hit the lock button 3x, and it starts up.

Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”