I can't handle this crappy radio anymore. (2014)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rcturner

They told me that the issue is the same as they are having on the Altima. Time will tell

McHale
Car: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Nissan is probably the worst car company I've ever dealt with. They returned a call of mine last week saying that the dealer HAD the new radio and it would be installed, with my car back to me on Friday. On Saturday, the dealer called with a status that the radio was STILL backordered, they never received a call from consumer affairs, they never got the new radio in and when the parts department called trying to get an ETA on the new radio they were not given one.

I left a message for consumer affairs over the weekend - no return call. I called and left a message yesterday - no return call. I called and ask to speak to a supervisor and was told I could not speak to one and I was scheduled to be called by the end of the business day today.

The radio issue was a small issue, Nissan's handling of the issue is a huge one. If I'm having this much trouble now, I can't imagine how bad it will be WHEN the transmission fails. A close friend bought his first Nissan and shortly after said he would never buy another and he regretted that decision. He passed away before I could ask him what his reasoning was. I think I know why now.

This will absolutely be my last Nissan. They are awful.

JB'sTitanXD
Car: 2017 Titan XD Cummins

I havent heard any problems with any of my nissans. after all this is a new redesign so parts are very limited. these are the kinds of minor bugs you have to deal with when purchasing the first year of a redesign.

McHale

JB'sRogue wrote:I havent heard any problems with any of my nissans. after all this is a new redesign so parts are very limited. these are the kinds of minor bugs you have to deal with when purchasing the first year of a redesign.
My issue isn't the availability of parts, it's Nissan's support.

annettehue

Thought I'd let everyone know that I received a call from the service department of my dealer on 5/7/2014 letting me know that Nissan is aware of the issue I was experiencing with the radio (I too took a video of it: http://youtu.be/WOssETMCZg4 which I sent to the dealership.) I was told that they don't have a fix yet, but are aware of the problem and working on it. As soon as my dealer has an update they will give me a call.

I too had my 2014 SV Premium Package Rogue at the dealership because without fail my radio would reboot every time I drove the car, sometimes multiple times in a 15-20 minute period. It would "freeze" the way it did in the video a good number of times as well. They ran diagnostics on it (this was end of April), couldn't find anything wrong but did do a factory reset, which, of course, did not make a difference.

Will post an update when I hear back from the dealership.

Loungelurker

I have not had the problem that you guys show on the video, however since receiving my SL on 04/01/2014 on three occasions it has "rebooted" while in used. Usually right after starting the vehicle. The last time this happened when I turned on the radio, the system seemed off- the Nissan emblem did not appear in the display window and it took maybe 4 minutes for it to turn on. This could be partially my fault that it took so long because I kept checking it and hitting the power button. Either way, I will keep an eye on this thread for when or if Nissan gets a software update or fix for this glitch.

rcturner

McHale wrote:That's odd. I'm dealing with Regional Consumer Affairs who supposedly talked to a bunch of people "in the know" and I was told a couple days ago that no fix currently in the works because they weren't aware that the issue also affected the Rogue but who knows, maybe there will be one in the future.

In the meantime, they are replacing my radio with a "new" one that has the exact same FW/OS version on it - because THAT will fix it. /sarcasm.

As of today, I STILL don't have my car back. In a couple days they'll have had my car for 2 weeks. Not liking my 2014 Nissan Versa at all.
This is interesting. I had mine reprogrammed this PM. (5/20/14) They updated the radio and navigation software. I don't know exactly what they were told that this would do but, based on about 1.5 hours of use since reprogramming, everything seems to be working better. Normally, I would have had the radio reboot at least once or twice in that time period. The navigation didn't screw up that often but, when it did it would not restart unless the car was shut off and restarted. Time will tell if it really solved the problem. I am living in hope that it did.

McHale

Well I got my car back yesterday. They installed a new radio but they couldn't tell me if it was running the same firmware/os/whatever as the old one or not. I haven't been in the car long enough to really see if it's fixed but it hasn't rebooted since I got it back (I've only driven it 3 times so far).

BUT. When I got the car back, I noticed they did THIS to my leather seat. It appears as if they took the dash apart and put the parts on my seat, pointy side down and it sat there for 3 weeks like that. If you're a mechanic let me give you a tip. Seats are not meant to hold pointy things.

I left a voicemail for the service manager, and after a full day he still hasn't called back. I left a voicemail with a supervisor in regional consumer affairs, after a full day, no response. I swear Nissan doesn't care about customer retention or supporting their products one iota.

-Mc

JB'sTitanXD

sometimes it takes longer than 24 hrs to get back to someone. be patient since it may take a few days, normally they like to have a solution before calling back. so the manager maybe waiting for a response from upper management to order a new seat or some other kind of action to fix the issue. then when they call you back, they will already have a POA in place.

rhconcepts
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue Select

I always swap out my decks because I compete in Midwest SPL competitions but thought I might keep this stock deck in because I have the backup cam. Have any of you swapped your decks for a after market deck and still have the cam work?

yeungbaba
Car: 2014 Rough SV, family tech pkg

Picked up our SV model in early April and it has happened twice to me ...most recently today. I have the Family Tech model (7" touchscreen, Nav, AroundView, etc), so it was pretty annoying not having the AroundView camera.

First time around, the system didn't turn on, but reset itself less than 5 mins later.
Today, the system wouldn't turn on -- we were making some short trips around town, and the system stayed off pretty much the whole afternoon.

Finally, I connected my iphone via USB and opened the Nissan Connect app. After waiting for a while, the Nissan logo finally showed up on my touchscreen, and everything seems to be working again. Not sure if it was a coincidence that I plugged in my phone and tried the Nissan Connect app

McHale

Well, after getting my radio replaced, it did not fix the issue. Not surprised at all. It's a Nissan-wide problem because the Bosche radios they use are buggy. So as of today, I still have a radio/GPS that reboots randomly, the case has been closed with Nissan because they replaced my radio with a new that has the exact same problems, and I have 2 holes in my brand new leather passenger seat.

Yah, I'm not impressed with Nissan AT ALL. It's like Mr. Bean is running this company. Still waiting to see the gas mileage they promised with this thing. Ugh. And while I'm ranting, I had my oil changed at a Nissan dealer a couple weeks ago and the service guy didn't wipe the oil from his fingers so when I left the dealer, I had a ton of oil on my hood, the inside of my windshield, and my sun visor (which is cloth).

-Mc

JB'sTitanXD

Had the Bluetooth on mine lock up and become unresponsive however the rest of the radio worked just fine. since i had a appointment for a oil change they took a look at it and were unable to figure out the problem. they offered to replace the radio with a refurb. but i denied the offered and requested that reset the radio. pull fused and its working great again. This is the first issue i have had other than the crappy NissanConnect app

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

McHale wrote:Well, after getting my radio replaced, it did not fix the issue. Not surprised at all. It's a Nissan-wide problem because the Bosche radios they use are buggy. So as of today, I still have a radio/GPS that reboots randomly, the case has been closed with Nissan because they replaced my radio with a new that has the exact same problems, and I have 2 holes in my brand new leather passenger seat.

Yah, I'm not impressed with Nissan AT ALL. It's like Mr. Bean is running this company. Still waiting to see the gas mileage they promised with this thing. Ugh. And while I'm ranting, I had my oil changed at a Nissan dealer a couple weeks ago and the service guy didn't wipe the oil from his fingers so when I left the dealer, I had a ton of oil on my hood, the inside of my windshield, and my sun visor (which is cloth).

-Mc
McHale that sucks! Did the dealer who changed the radio and oil put the 2 holes in the seat?

McHale

darylzero wrote:McHale that sucks! Did the dealer who changed the radio and oil put the 2 holes in the seat?
The dealer who changed the radio is the one that put the holes in the seat. It was a different dealer that oiled up the inside of my car.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, first and last Nissan.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

If the holes and oil on the car were Nissan's fault I would be happy to blame them, but that is just a s*** dealer.

McHale

2 dealers, plus the crappy radio which is DEFINITELY Nissan's fault.

JB'sTitanXD

anymore info on the software update? My radio has been having more problems lately. random rebooting and taking a few extra mins to boot up

andygold
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Black/Almond

Subscribed

bill875
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Indigo Blue / Premium Package / Fully Loaded

Perhaps we should all repost a link to this thread and tag Nissan on all social networking sites. I am not affected, but this definitely has me thinking about going with a different manufacturer on my next vehicle. The "Bose" radios have been absolutely terrible.

tsumeone
Car: n/a

JB'sRogue wrote:anymore info on the software update? My radio has been having more problems lately. random rebooting and taking a few extra mins to boot up
Mine has been working fine since having this update installed: nav-system-tsb-t590753.html

The only problem I've had since then is for the first ~15-30 seconds after starting the car, audio playback is a little choppy when playing back from my USB flash drive.

JB'sTitanXD

Thanks tsumeone! I got rid of my rogue last week so i can be someone elses problem now, dealer want to give the go around.

JB'sTitanXD

bill875 wrote:Perhaps we should all repost a link to this thread and tag Nissan on all social networking sites. I am not affected, but this definitely has me thinking about going with a different manufacturer on my next vehicle. The "Bose" radios have been absolutely terrible.
It took about 5 months before i started having problems on my 14

jr15642
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SV

This is the only forum I could find that references access to the Diagnostic menu. So my question is, I found a youtube video of a quashqai going into that menu and having the option of disabling the navigation input while driving restriction, then when I go there on my 2014 Rogue, that option is not listed. Does anyone know if maybe there is another menu somewhere, where I might be able to access this?

McHale

Hello ladies and gents, long time no chat. Figured I'd leave an update since I came across this thread on accident while looking for the very firmware needed to fix this issue for another Rogue (a friend's) with the exact same issue.

Since they updated my radio to D407 most of my radio issues went away. Audio from the thumbdrive is choppy on a rare occasion and I've found that controls from the steering wheel don't always work but the reboots are very very rare now. They still happen but It's like once every 10 months, give or take.

If anybody has a line on a FW newer than D407, I'd appreciate it but at least someone made D407 available (Scrabo from TheNewX.org).

-Mc

azieba
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

McHale -- there was an update using an European version D554. I have done it and as well as tsumeone - see this post -> 2014-2105-rogue-navigation-how-to-updat ... l#p6791611

I have had it for a year, no issues.

Return to “Rogue Forum”