High Milage question: How many miles on your Rogue and what maintenance have you had performed?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
cl1chicago
Car: Nissan 2009 Rogue AWD, 745 BMW, Dodge Durango

How many Miles do you have on your Rogue and what kind of maintenance have you had performed? Mine runs good, I'm going to keep it for 300,000 miles, I maintain it very well in fact immaculate.

I have an 09 Rogue AWD and have 255,000 miles on it, I use it as a daily driver to work and drive about 100 miles a day. Engine and everything runs well, no smoke. Engine runs like it did when new.

Had new CVT Transmission at 150K, the first one had a slight "whine" coming from front right area at a certain speed, I'm wondering if there was always something wrong with it. A new one Nissan installed at the 150K mile marker when it failed was about $3000 my cost. This next one is more quiet, no "whine".
Front right left axle replacement
2 wheel bearings both front right and left have been changed, the front left went out so I just changed the right to be consistent.
Been through a couple batterys, have a NAPA now, its running at 500 CCA I'm contemplating replacing it.
Changed water pump to another OEM Nissan water pump at 200,000 miles just because I figured it may fail trying to reach 300,000 miles. The Nissan water pump is the best it has the best bearings and fit.
Changed hoses
Drive shaft with U joints, they were bad at about 200K miles
Nissan did a recall, some harness wire I think.
CV Joints with boot both front right and left. Both boots failed first which its better value just to change the whole thing.
Thermostat
New radiator cap just to be proactive.
Tires: changed tires about every 90K, I rotate & balance them every month and fill with nitrogen. Have tried Cooper, Yokohama, I'm back to Yokohama all season tires to deal with the rain and snow. The tire manager said it's impressive how many miles I get out of the tires and how even they wear because I rotate them so often.
Have front alignment done a few times.
I run Synthetic oil Mobile One, change every 5000 mi
Changed out AC Compressor after it failed at about 140K Miles.
Brakes obviously with discs, have changed a couple calipers, have repaired a couple calipers hanging up.
My Catalytic converter sensor keeps reading high, I just reset the idiot light and keep driving, have done it for years and still pass emission inspection. They mounted Cat Convertor on manifold it's expensive to get changed, close to $1000, so I never changed it yet.
New Iridium spark plugs every 100,000 miles
Changed serpentine belt a couple times
Changed about 4 tire stems with sensors, one goes out every couple years.
Changed differential gear oil both front and rear gear oil with synthetic oil a few times per manual.
Change CVT oil every 50K with the OEM Nissan oil.
Flushed radiator a few times
Changed a few light bulbs
Changed brake pedal sensor just because they are inexpensive and can go out
Changed Front driver door sensor
Steering wheel cover that comes in contact with hands has worn out had to cover it

Hind sight I wish I would have bought he Murano or perhaps a Subaru or another make, this car has made me money because I'm getting basically two vehicles I should have bought out of one. There are several things I don't like about this vehicle but like I said I got my moneys worth. I actually don't care for it, too small, don't like the look, don't like CVT Transmission, U joints have to be replaced with drive shaft, CAT Convertor mounted on manifold, not a lot of power, front CV Joint boots are cheap, CV joints can fail when boot cracks, don't care for the cooling system and the differential height of heater core to radiator, had to have it burped a few times for better heat at idle RPM, ride is not the smoothest or quietest I've experienced in vehicles. I like the AWD, it drives through snow, ice and rain well, reliability has been good, decent gas mileage, engine is good. Vehicle has served me well.

worldbikr
Car: na

259K miles. oxygen sensor. cvt replace under warranty at 80K. cvt fluid myself several times. rear and axle diff out at 175K - no maint by me so my fault. o-rings between oil pump and engine to fix oil leak. regular oil synthetic change and plugs (myself 3 times). consumables - tires, batteries,brake pads, rotors. needs cvt boots. When are you fellow roguesters going learn how to get high miles like a few of us?

DTASFAB

worldbikr wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:20 pm
When are you fellow roguesters going learn how to get high miles like a few of us?
I think a lot of people are afraid to keep the early Rogue models beyond 100K because of the fear of a CVT failure, and the newer models aren't old enough to have accumulated over 200K yet.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

DTASFAB wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am
worldbikr wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:20 pm
When are you fellow roguesters going learn how to get high miles like a few of us?
I think a lot of people are afraid to keep the early Rogue models beyond 100K because of the fear of a CVT failure, and the newer models aren't old enough to have accumulated over 200K yet.
I've seen 2014+ Rogues around the 100k-200k mile range.

supermarkert
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

I have a 2015 and will hit 100K in about a month. I've changed the CVT fluid once, and plan to do it again in a few weeks. The car has been near perfect for me otherwise, and I haven't done any other significant maintenance, outside of scheduled fluid changes, etc. The only mechanical parts I've changed were the brakes (rotors and pads), which I did myself.
I plan to keep it as long as I can.

datechboss101

supermarkert wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:18 pm
I have a 2015 and will hit 100K in about a month. I've changed the CVT fluid once, and plan to do it again in a few weeks. The car has been near perfect for me otherwise, and I haven't done any other significant maintenance, outside of scheduled fluid changes, etc. The only mechanical parts I've changed were the brakes (rotors and pads), which I did myself.
Did your CVT transmission ever went out yet? I'm going to start using my Rogue as my beater car and highway vehicle and it will be accumulating lots of miles over the next few years.

supermarkert

datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:42 pm

Did your CVT transmission ever went out yet? I'm going to start using my Rogue as my beater car and highway vehicle and it will be accumulating lots of miles over the next few years.
No, it's been running perfectly (as far as I can tell). I'm still at 95K, but I just did get the CVT fluid changed for the second time in its life.

datechboss101

supermarkert wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:52 pm

No, it's been running perfectly (as far as I can tell). I'm still at 95K, but I just did get the CVT fluid changed for the second time in its life.
Okay... Thats good to know. At what mileage was the first CVT fluid changed?

supermarkert

At 41,352 miles, according to my records...

datechboss101

supermarkert wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:00 pm
At 41,352 miles, according to my records...
Looks like I have to get the stealership to check the fluid... The dealer I usually go to said to change the fluid @ 60k... For me, that 60k miles is gonna be sometime later this year. Did you DIY this or had Nissan do it?

supermarkert

At a local garage. I haven't had any service done at the dealer except recalls.

mpattdu
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

My Rogue has about 104,500 miles. Just replaced a bunch of stuff on the front end both sides: control arms, wheel bearings, speed sensors, brakes and rotors (2nd time), outer tie rod ends (2nd time--only one was bad but did both), passenger side CV axle boot (2nd time), and rebuild both brake calipers.

CapeCodChips
Car: Gun Metal Grey `14 Rogue SV

2014 SV AWD 154,000 miles
Major repairs:
CVT went at 61,000, Nissan USA wouldn't help out. It was covered on an extended warranty I purchased.
Cabin fan $250
CVT fluid change 94,000 $180
Fuel pump replaced on recall 95,000
Brakes front 104,000, rear 109,000 miles
Coolant flush 144,000 $80
Tires at 71k and 145k
Air intake sensor 148,000 $320

mmahmad
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015 SV
Nissan Sentra 2006 S

supermarkert wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:18 pm
Did you do the CVT Fluid Change your self or thru dealership ? I also own 2015 Rogue SV and at 80K miles. Never changed CVT but anxiously planning to do it on my own but have some doubts. Can you please guide if that works like the old versions with the trany bold on driver side and just fill up what we get out or any particular instructions ?

Thank you.

supermarkert

mmahmad wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 pm
Did you do the CVT Fluid Change your self or thru dealership ? I also own 2015 Rogue SV and at 80K miles. Never changed CVT but anxiously planning to do it on my own but have some doubts. Can you please guide if that works like the old versions with the trany bold on driver side and just fill up what we get out or any particular instructions ?
I did not do it myself. Just had the local shop handle it.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

supermarkert wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:00 am
mmahmad wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 pm
I did not do it myself. Just had the local shop handle it.
This is the best advice anyone could give in regards to the CVT.

CVT's in general (and those from Nissan in particular) aren't as forgiving as traditional transmissions. There are lots of us here on NICO with decades upon decades of experience that find it's better to let a Nissan mechanic handle anything to do with their CVT's. If anything goes awry if you do the work, you could be looking at Nissan declaring any warranty you may have null and void, meaning you'll have to foot the cost of replacing the CVT.

Ask yourself this: Which is cheaper, paying the local Nissan dealership to change your CVT fluid or paying them to replace the CVT?

garu35
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I know this is an old post, but I'm curious to know how to change the front differential oil.
From the original post: "Changed differential gear oil both front and rear gear oil with synthetic oil a few times per manual."

I have a 2010 AWD Rogue, and I've changed the CVT and rear differential oil. I didn't realize it had a front differential, and I will change it if I can figure out hoe to do it.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

garu35 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 pm
I know this is an old post, but I'm curious to know how to change the front differential oil.
From the original post: "Changed differential gear oil both front and rear gear oil with synthetic oil a few times per manual."

I have a 2010 AWD Rogue, and I've changed the CVT and rear differential oil. I didn't realize it had a front differential, and I will change it if I can figure out hoe to do it.
Alot of angles trying to position yourself.

Took awhile for me to figure out from the pictures & diagrams.

You have to be a contortionist without bodybuilder arms.

This is the most difficult fluid change in my opinion.

Second time around is easier tho.

Good luck! :dblthumb:

https://forums.nicoclub.com/diy-nissan- ... 54009.html

garu35
Car: 2010 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

casperfun wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:16 am
garu35 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Alot of angles trying to position yourself.

Took awhile for me to figure out from the pictures & diagrams.

You have to be a contortionist without bodybuilder arms.

This is the most difficult fluid change in my opinion.

Second time around is easier tho.

Good luck! :dblthumb:

https://forums.nicoclub.com/diy-nissan- ... 54009.html
Thanks for pointing me to this quality write-up.
As soon as I get some nice weather, I'll give it a shot.
222,000KM, and it may have been changed once by the dealer around 100,000KM.
I think it's due.

Return to “Rogue Forum”