Help on first time Zaino por favor

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TXSJaybird

I was just on the website, and man, the results look amazing....but I am a little confused.

I dont believe I would have to use the clay bar?, as my car is brand new, but there seem to be several options/products to choose from.

Any advice from someone whos Zaino'd?

Should I Zaino a new car? Anything out there better for it?

Thanks!
Modified by TXSJaybird at 8:48 PM 8/13/2005

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

TXSJaybird wrote:I dont believe I would have to use the clay bar?, as my car is brand new, but there seem to be several options/products to choose from.

Any advice from someone whos Zaino'd?

Should I Zaino a new car? Anything out there better for it?
Having tried both Zaino (on my 1995 Q45 and my wife's 1997 Acura 2.2CL) and 5 Star Shine (on my 2003 M45), I think that Zaino is better. These two products are the best that there is!

The Zaino wins on two counts: easier to see when applying the Z-2 (although the effort to put it on and wipe down after drying is higher than 5 Star Shine) and lower cost (the amount included is enough to do two cars.)

Zaino results are indeed astonishing. I put it on my 1995 Q45 in September 2003 sometime, and my neighbours said that the car looked new! For information of the outstanding results, check this thread out: zerothread?id=36802. The larger pictures are in the Member's Rides section under my username!

1. I did not do a Dawn dishwashing liquid starting wash - just did a wash with the Z-7 car wash liquid - since it was a new car.

2. I would definitely use a clay bar ... even on a new car. When I did my 2003 M45 shortly after I bought it (I used 5 Star Shine), I felt that the clay bar process picked up a bunch of stuff off the car. The car simply felt much smoother and cleaner!

3. Don't apply pressure and rub the clay bar hard - just reasonable contact strokes back and forth! Use lots of liquid to guide it.

4. Zaino supplies two clay bars. Since I was doing two cars, I used one on each. However, one trick is to cut the bar in half and use. Then, if you accidentally drop the half on the ground, throw it away (it is an instant gravel magnet) and you have the other half to finish the job! Believe me, it is all too easy to drop the bar ... and I was trying to be careful, but I did drop one half doing the three cars and had to throw it away! So, don't even think of leaving the clay bar unsupported on the car ... like on the hood ... it slides off!

5. I'd apply at least two coats of Zaino. Since they include enough for two cars, you could even do more and apply 3 or 4 coats.

6. Use the Z-2 Pro very thinly - even layers. The excess will get taken off and is simply a waste. Better to apply multiple coats as the site recommends.

7. Be prepared to be physically sore for a few days after the work is done!

I did not get the ZFX and, in hindsight, it cost me time. I had to wait for drying time between coats that I could have avoided. So, I'd recommend the following combination of items (you do not need the Z-5 swirl remover version for a new car.) The Zaino site http://www.zainobros.com also talks about the process in a short instruction paper and the items to use.

1. ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive.2. Z-2 Pro Show Car Polish for Clear Coat Finishes.3. Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray.4. Z-7 Show Car Wash.5. Z-18 Clay Bar.

This is similar to the ZKIT-1, except that this kit includes the Z-5 (which you do not need for a new car) and excludes the Z-7 (which is a nice gentle car wash formula) and give you two free Polish Applicators (one for the Z-2 and one for the Z-5, I guess!)

Since your order will be over $25, they will include one Polish Applicator free, but I ordered an extra one for the second car I was doing. I have since seen similar items at a local auto-store, so if you need extra, get those if you are in a rush.

Important: do use a very high-quality white cotton towel as they recommend. I tried to get away with a lower towel (although it was 100% cotton) and the cotton lint was a pain to deal with!

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I should note that the Zaino treatment I did over 3 years ago is lasting well! I have not had to redo anything for that time. I figure it will be due for a re-application next summer.

Means that the effort to apply it (no more than waxing really!) measured over 4 years, makes this a no-brainer over any standard wax!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”